General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:54 AM   #1  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Doing our own thing - November 2003

OK, you guys are all chicken!

Guess I have to start the new thread here!

(Yeah, I know you were just saving it for me. )

Be sure to go back and read the last few posts from the October thread to be sure you haven't missed anything! Then come on back and post here!

That's an order!

Old 11-04-2003, 08:02 AM   #2  
Long Lost Chickie

Now on to more important things.

Faye, I'm thinking of you and keeping you and Jack in my prayers. Have faith in modern medicine ("It's amazing!" said the cancer survivor.) And of course have faith in God who never throws more at us than we can take.

And DNW, hope to hear from you again soon. I think of you all the time!

Well girls, the scale's actually moving in the right direction, finally, at long last, thank goodness. I've been doing a combination of low-cal, low-fat, low-carb. Just kind of common sense, you know? No Jello, you may not have a candy bar for lunch. Jello, eat that apple instead of those cookies. Hey, Jello, let's go for a walk before plopping down in front of the TV. Seems to be working. Go figure.

Have to leave early to take Watson to the vet. Poor guy's got a doggy equivalent of pink-eye or something. He HATES the vet. It usually takes a few of us to hold him down and I'm not sure how the vet's going to check his eyeball when it's soooo very close to those big teeth. Could be interesting.

In the mean time, I've got to get to work. Visitors in today and they should be knocking at the door at any minute.

Later.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:10 AM   #3  

NOVEMBER This year has wizzed by.

Jello, eyeball next to big teeth. Made me laugh out loud.

I have had more than my share of mini halloween candy bars. So many, that I'm sick at the thought of another. They might as well be a big stinky cigarette cuz I couldn't touch another if I had too. I'm hoping it's gonna be like that huge "I drank too much" hangover that makes people never do it again. I feel lousy.

Old 11-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, Tiger, looks like it's just you and me. Hope you've recovered from Halloween. Chocolate hangover! The worst!

Watson was an angel at the vet last night. But now he's scheduled for all sorts of tests next Monday. His heart murmur is getting louder and the doctor says his lungs don't sound quite right either. My baby!!! So Monday morning I have to drop him off before I go to my doctor's appt. Then it's off to see mom and a little shopping and then I get to go rescue him. Hope he doesn't hold this against me.

With all the running around last night, I had no time to exercise. Yeah, that's my excuse. Just have to work extra hard at Curves tonight.

Oh, gotta run. Be back later!
Old 11-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #5  

Good morning. I'm sure the others will be along shortly.

How old is Watson? What a cute name. Our Belle is two years old and I'm amazed at how attached we are to her. She's our first "inside" dog. I had to take her to the vet a couple weeks ago for an allergy shot. I thought she was going to chew her feet off! And her little armpits were all red and raw from scratching.

Has anyone been watching Dr Phils weight loss challenge? I'm catching bits and pieces. I think it's a good thing even if his we dont trust his motivation$. I'm having thoughts of buying his book. :blush:

The kids get out of school early today. So, I'm off to town to run my errands now....because I surely don't want to take them to town.

Faye, how's your hubby?

Coming down off my chocolate high and still feeling bla...
Old 11-05-2003, 09:09 AM   #6  

Good morning. I'm sure the others will be along shortly.

How old is Watson? What a cute name. Our Belle is two years old and I'm amazed at how attached we are to her. She's our first "inside" dog. I had to take her to the vet a couple weeks ago for an allergy shot. I thought she was going to chew her feet off! And her little armpits were all red and raw from scratching.

Has anyone been watching Dr Phils weight loss challenge? I'm catching bits and pieces. I think it's a good thing even if his we dont trust his motivation$.

The kids get out of school early today. So, I'm off to town to run my errands now....because I surely don't want to take them to town.

Faye, how's your hubby?

Coming down off my chocolate high and still feeling bla...
Old 11-05-2003, 09:31 AM   #7  

Good morning Ladies. Went to the beauty shop last night for my once a month hair cut. Since I quit putting perms in my hair, I have to keep it pretty short. My hair is thick but the hair is fine and STUBORN, no curl whatsoever. Then went to Wally World, since last week they have added a bunch of low-carb food in the grocery side, stuff I've not seen before. I did buy a pizza crust mix to try, can't remember the brand name but will let you know if it's good.

We had sensor lights put all around the house and I guess that the leaves falling last night kept triggering them. What a sight, carport light comes on then off, back of the house (this one stays on for 4 minutes) then the front door, this went on all night! Our yard is lit up like a prison. Bet the neighbors wondered what in the world, well probably not, they know us! Our whole back yard has huge holes; guy is putting in new lines from the septic system. What a mess…….. We may never have a level yard again.

Faye, how’s our patient this morning? Hopefully, he is feeling a bit stronger today and each day following.

Jello, Watson will probably be mad at you. They are just like kids, they don’t want to miss out on anything, or be left with strangers. Does he pout? My son and DIL, boarded their dog while gone and when they picked him up he wouldn’t have anything to do with them for the rest of the day. Funny how they express their feelings.

Tig, Chocolate Hang Over, I don’t think that would even keep me out of chocolate. Working on any projects?

Looking forward to going to my exercise class on Saturday, but a little scared too. What if I’m the only 50+ year old there and can’t keep up with the class? I’ve already paid so I’m going even if I give out and have to sit and watch. They don’t know me from Adam, right?

Work Calleth, hugs to all.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #8  

Good morning, ladies! Jello, if excuses counted for exercises, we'd all be a perfect 10 by now. You do good going to Curves. We have a new one in our area and I'm tempted to give it a try. That's probably as far as it will go - being tempted.

Tiger, fill us in on Dr. Phil's weight loss challenge. It's on when I'm working so I never get to see it. Binging on chocolate not only gives me a chocolate hangover - and high blood sugar - but also it goes right through me in the most unpleasant way.

Faye, keep us posted about Jack. Hope he's improving hour by hour.

Semo, your hair is exactly like mine. I keep it short and let it do its own thing. Should give me additional exercise time since I don't have to do my hair!

The boss man cometh, so I goeth. Have a good day!
Old 11-05-2003, 10:44 AM   #9  

Hey, all! The days are just rushing past. Can't believe it's the 5th already. It's good, in a way...

The terra cotta soldier in my office bit the dust last night. The cleaners left a note, a tragic accident during dusting. I'm a little broken up about it. Anyone know a kind of glue that's good on pottery? I'm not sure what would work since it's pretty porous.

I've been thinking a LOT about a Dr's appointment I have next week. Obviously, with everything going on, I'm going to be asking him a lot more questions. I literally cannot remember the last wellness visit to a medical doctor. So this is good. Hopefully this will help reinforce my motivation.

I'm tired today, up late playing a game on the computer. That feels really stupid at 32! Next time, I will set an alarm.

Cafe, needs toothpicks for eyelids.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #10  

adding some sunshine since all I have are clouds and gloom here. Hard to keep moving on days like this.

Quilter, Dr Phil has people that he is following/helping lose weight. All different sizes, ages, men, women. And he is going over "his steps" to weight loss with them...mentioning his book a lot. But overall, informative and will surely trigger the right stuff in some people. I touched the book at Walmart today, but didnt buy. I have book issues.

SEMO, I'm still working on one of my DS's bedrooms. Picked up switch plate covers today and have a little touching up on the paint job to do. On top of that, I'm trying to pick out new curtains. I bought three different ones to bring home and see how they looked in the house. Ofcourse, the cheapest one didn't look the best. Isn't that how it always goes? And the one I went with is dryclean. Hope I don't regret that. Now...I need new rods. I have curtains and no rods. Ouy.

Cafe, maybe some kind of silicone would work. Maybe liquid nails. It's more like a gel and wouldn't soak in as easy.
I too haven't had a wellness doc appointment FOREVER. Seems like I'm always taking kids to the doc and making appts for DH. Just never go myself.

Off to stir up some lunch. I'm starved! Need to quit letting myself get that way. It makes me weak...in more ways than one.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:47 PM   #11  
Long Lost Chickie

Oh Cafe (giggle) I'm so sorry about (chuckle) your soldier (snort).

No really, I'm sorry but your comment about being broken up about it made me spit out my water all over the computer keyboard! Giggled all during the clean up. Hope it keeps on working or I'm going to make you explain to the IT manager why I need a new one! Sorry I can't help with any glue suggestions. Maybe try a craft store if you can find a knowledgeable clerk?

Quilter, I love Curves. (I mean the workout place, not the big ones tucked under my waistband.) I've tried other gyms but they're intimidating and unfriendly. Best part of Curves is that you're in and you're out. 30 minutes - true to their word.

Semo, let us know about that pizza crust! Oh and every time I get my hair cut, it gets shorter.

... I just realized how that sounded! What I mean is that I always have her cut it shorter than she cut it the time before. And it is easier the shorter it goes, isn't it?

Faye, how you doin' honey? How's Jack?

And DNW, I hope you'll post again soon. Just to say hi. Love ya!

Better go. The old *itch is in the boss's office *itching about something. Hope it has nothing to do with me. I'm not in the mood for her tantrums today.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:57 PM   #12  

OmGosh, Jello - when I got in this morning MY old *itch was in the boss's office! But she was getting *itched out herself. But I do the same thing - always worry if it's about me. Sometimes it is! It's funny, but the slacker WILL complain about the one who picks up the slack. I don't understand it, but at least I recognize it.

OK, I've got a picture to share, let me try.

I've created a new look for terra cotta soldiers. It's a bit more relaxed than the traditional poses, but I think it works.

OK Got to quit clowning around and get back to work. I was really popping in for a Jack update anyhow.

Oh, yeah: Tiger, put the book down. Now step back, slowly. LOL. {{hugs}}

And sorry about the keyboard earlier, Jello, I was feeling punny this morning.

Last edited by Cafe976; 11-05-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:03 AM   #13  

Hey ladies! Sorry I didn't get in yesterday. Jack was supposed to get to come home and I had a list of ? to ask so I didn't want to stray from the hospital. Dr Anderson got caught and couldn't get away to make rounds so he didn't get there until 4PM. I was so totally wiped last night. I did get to bring him home!

Jack is doing really well except I tried to tell him he would be really weak for awhile just walking short distances. I don't think he believed me but he does now! He is on 5 meds and they are going to cost us about $150 a month and that is with prescription card/insurance. We move to the other insurance in Jan so that will be a lot better, but this is sure the worst time of the year for added expenses, you know?

I was just so tired last night after we got home, but I had to still cook a full dinner for Jack. I told him that in times past I would have ordered pizza or chinese to be delivered but there is no more of that now! I fixed him a nice chopped steak with salad and a dinner roll. He is going to take to the food changes just fine and I am trying my darndest to make them just regular meals but lower in fat, salt etc. Luckily, he doesn't have high blood pressure or diabetes so I don't have those issues to deal with.

I better quit blabbing and get my day started. I will check back in later when I have time to just sit and jaw with you all!

(Tig, please except our condolences reg Notre Dame. This is the worst year they have had in eons!)

Faye
Old 11-06-2003, 08:05 AM   #14  

Good Morn'n,
Faye, so glad to hear your DH is home. Extra expenses at the holidays...isn't that how it always goes? And as for Notre Dame...I still stand by them. It's in my blood. Women's basketball starts this weekend.

Cafe, I'm trying hard to "step away from the book". I told myself I was done wasting money on diet books. Must....be....strong.

My other half mentioned joining the gym again after the holidays. I wish there were better options when choosing a gym, but not much in this booneville neck of the woods. The one we are thinking about relocated a few years ago because of a fire, so at least it isn't cruddy old. Just small.

You girls and your old *itches. I don't miss those days. Dread the day when I go back to work. Can't see me staying home forever.

Off to make beds. woohoo, can hardly stand the excitement.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:37 AM   #15  

Faye, so glad Jack is home and doing well. The dietary changes will be good for both of you. Aren't you glad you made up the 30 days of meals.

Looks like rain today...but 80 degrees! The trees are finally starting to turn color and drop their leaves - really late for that, attributed to the very wet summer.

Shopping for new software today...something that makes org charts.
Closed Thread