Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #1  
Frugal Dieter

S/C/G: 190/150/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Lurker finally posting

Hi there!
I lurked for a while on and off through the past years during the times when I was actively losing weight. I love this website as it is great for weight loss support.

About me...
I struggled on and off with weight loss, but at the moment I am successfully losing weight and 3fatchicks is part of my success. I tend to be pretty frugal -- I like my weight loss plan to be as cheap and convenient as possible. So I love getting weight loss support and encouragement here.

Some history...
In 2005 I participated in a weight loss study conducted at a leading academic institution. Yep. I was a guinea pig in one of those studies. I successfully lost weight going from my highest ever weight to my goal weight and contributed to a valuable study. I learned a wealth of information about dieting as I had my own personal nutritionist, participated in classes & group sessions, and have reams of nutrition info from the experience. So I know what it takes to lose weight. But I did not keep the weight off. After counting calories, fat, protein, & carbs for a long time, I hit the wall and didn't want to count anything anymore.

In the subsequent years I yoyo-ed -- going up and down. The little diet switch in my brain would either be off or on. But I got ever so close to my maximum weight and now I am on a mission to really eat right.

In mid-June I started eating a low cal breakfast & lunch, not snacking, eating a small portion for dinner, avoiding deserts & caloric drinks, exercising 6 days per week, and reading online diet support material daily. So far so good. I am hoping to stay on track. The school year is always harder for me and I am under terrible stress right now, but I am hoping to continue to lose weight and hopefully see my goal weight again.

Wishing all you others who are striving for weight loss or weight maintenance all the best.

PS I had trouble uploading the pic I wanted to use for my profile pic. I thought I had the dimensions and size correct. If anyone can help me with that, let me know. Do I need the 20 posts and 20 days?
Tilly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #2  

As long as the dimensions are correct you should be able to post a picture. the 20 day/posts is for the weight trackers in your signature.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Tilly! So glad you finally joined! People here have so much to offer to you and apparently you have so much to offer to us! So get to posting! To help keep you motivated, you might want to consider joining one of the challenges in "Chicks Up for Challenge" under Support Groups. Good luck on your journey!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152.9/148.0/113

Height: 5'7

Hi Tilly5! I love your post title. I just joined today after checking out the site for a few weeks and I already love it. I know what you mean about the school year adding on stress (and pounds) but it sounds like you've got what it takes. Good luck!
Monkeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252.8/250.4/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!
jm474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #6  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome, glad to have you join us
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote