General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #1  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Default Gift for 11 year old girl -- ideas?

I'd like to buy my 11 year old niece a gift, but I have no idea what to get her. I don't know her very well, other than that she likes to play soccer and she is NOT girly at all. So the gift should be something that is gender non-specific. Any ideas?
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Why not get her some books...or a journal or a gift card to a book store? If she's into soccer, maybe http://www.ebay.com/bhp/abby-wambach-jersey...it's Abby Wambach who is (I think) top women's soccer in this country.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Even non girly girls might like something feminine. How about a necklace with a soccer ball charm/pendant on it. If you're looking for something a little more, how about tickets to a sporting event (or concert) for the two of you to go to, and get to know each other better.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #4  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Beloved,

How sweet of you to get your niece a gift! I have a young niece and I like to get her gifts, but the gifts I get are girly.

I think that you got some great suggestions. How about some games, I don't know if she likes jigsaw puzzles or board games? Does she have a favorite store, some girls like certain clothing brands, maybe you get a gift card/gift certificate to a fun, favorite store? Maybe you can a poster for her or stickers that she may find fun, amazon and ebay may have some good ones.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #5  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

My neighbor's girls are big into soccer, and they sport some really cute, wide cloth soccer headbands to hold back the flyaway hair in the front while their hair is in ponytails. I've seen them sequin-y, lacey, and solid but personalized with a name or soccer design. No idea where to get them though. But I love them! Might help if you knew what her team colors are.

Some girls are already seriously into their phones at 11 years old. We just went to a birthday party for about that age, and the birthday girl received no less than 3 iTunes gift cards, among other gifts, and she went ballistic with joy. They can buy apps and games, or music, etc. Anything at all phone related like fancy cases, etc. if you can find out what kind of phone she has, would work.

A few of my daughter's friends are really into trendy teen clothes. 11 years old is still quite young and personally I prefer a modest, age-appropriate look. If she's into brands, Aeropostale could be a good choice. It's popular with the junior high crowd. Hoodies and t-shirts would be fine, as long as the brand/logo is on the garment, lol. Even an Aeropostale gift card, because then she could get a trip to the mall (whoo hoo lol!) to go spend it.

11 years old MIGHT be the first year of middle school for her, so she might be using a locker this year at school, not sure. Locker decorating is usually a semi big deal. The girls will have fancy magnetized mirrors, and any kind of magnetized cool looking photo frame so they can put up a picture of themselves with their besties.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
TooWicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

If she is into sports, you could get her a gift card to a sports store and she could get what she wants or needs.

Bath and Body Works seems to always be a big hit, and even girls who aren't "girly girls" like it!

You could try a monogrammed duffel bag for her gear, cool water bottle, there are so many possibilities!

Another fun idea would be a photo shoot with a local photographer where she can showcase her sporty side.

I'm sure she will love whatever you get her!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #7  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

I've seen this logo on T-shirts, although better quality than on this site:
http://megasharkdesign.com/i-play-soccer-like-a-girl/
I've seen some other cute Ts for a goalie: I'm a Keeper (Soccer ball)

I second the i-tunes gift card. Squeals every time.

Color coordinating shoe strings, ponytail and hair stuff for soccer? Something arts and craftsy? Some of the paint-by-numbers are really cool. I got a stained glass kit when I was a kid, though I cannot imagine such a dangerous item sold for kids today. Hula hoop (show her the cool videos), street skates, new bicycle helmet (11yo girls grow fast, she may need a new one).

How well do you get along with your siblings? puppy? kitty? bunny? drum set? trip to the hair salon? teehee
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote