South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Tightrope FRIDAY Beach Chat 8/23

Where is everybody??? Could Ruth possibly be getting her blood work done???

I thought "tightrope" was an appropriate title since many of us are walking it between being OP and falling off. Sigh, but there is strength in numbers and we do know what to do. Stayed OP yesterday, almost P1 with a protein bar. Plan on being OP today too with more exercise. I am lacking lately. It's a new day so I plan on bringing a positive attitude with me.

Today is another errand day. Need to take the truck for an inspection. It looks showroom new (well as new as a 12 year old truck can) Joey still has no clue. It will be fun surprising him tomorrow.

What are your plans for the day?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Friday SBD Chat for 8/23

WAKE UP! THIS IS YOUR TGIF Wake Up Call!

Sorry, I couldn't resist that. I never use an alarm clock, but my DGD has a very loud one and I could hear it go off at 5:30am.

I have this morning off, so I'm going to give the house a thorough cleaning and get laundry done before picking up the girls for lunch and shopping for school supplies. We have lists, but they always seem to think they need more than what's on it, lol. Then home again for hopefully a refreshing swim in the pool.

Now that I woke you all up, what's your day look like?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #3  

Linda, fix me please. I started a thread thinking it was Thursday! Oh I really need my coffee before posting lol.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #4  

Thanks well I guess on my to do list is learn the days of the week. Good luck with school shopping. I went yesterday. They only send a small list over the summer. Hopefully he won't need anything too crazy. I still enjoy back to school shopping
Old 08-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm off to get an oil change, one of the things on my very long To Do vacation week list. The broccoli took over and I need to get something checked off that list! Oh, and I bought another box of peaches. Yes, I might be insane but they are so pretty and so plentiful this year. I'm going to can some with very light syrup and maybe try my hand at one batch of jam, ginger peach, for the SO. I'm sure we will eat the rest. I need another week of vacation!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Jennifer, and I think Ruth snuck in and fixed us up and made things right again. I'm excited as you with anticipating Joey's reaction to the new truck! It sounds like you got a great deal on it!

Good morning, Cyndi! In my opinion, you can never have enough peaches, and they're so good this year!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-23-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm working out with my mom today. It is our trainer's first day back after having her boobs done so we'll try not to stare. This evening starts a long weekend of food for me. One nephew is getting married privately this evening so tomorrow night there is a gathering at a restaurant to celebrate. Tonight we get together with some family coming into town for the festivities. And Sunday we go out for a birthday dinner of a young nephew on the other side of the family. Ugh - I feel my stomach expanding even as I type. This type of social eating is the hardest for me. And today the scale was very unkind for some reason; I ate OP yesterday. I hate when that happens.

Onward... Have a great day.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Where is everyone getting their peaches!?!? I want some! I just remembered where we're traveling to next weekend has them....mmmmm....

Good morning Jekel, and thanks for starting us off! I laughed with the days mix up, I wouldn't have even noticed. Let us know your son's reaction!

Cottage, hope you get all your to-do's done today, and have fun with school shopping!

Cyndi - I will be right up to pick up some peaches .

Yesterday was heinous - work was busy, and then my sitter(who is a good friend) freaks out and I don't have a sitter for next week. Gratefully, a friend from church will watch them. Needless to say, I didn't eat well OP last night and had a glass of my sweet walter rose (the best wine IN THE WORLD). Today is another day and I hope it goes smoother! I do wish I had the ability to work out to smooth out my nerves, but it can't happen until tonight...

And we're off like a herd of turtles....
Old 08-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup! Been up and about this morning but am wanting a peaceful day so no bloodwork. On today's list - peaches before the fruitflies take over the kitchen. I'm going to start them drying and then get into my outside duds to gather some flowers for the cafe.

Trying hard to ditch some of the summer "fluff" and may even get on the dreadmill later today. I think we may be going back to the gym in September so ...

Hope your TGIF is a good one and you can ease into the weekend.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Jekel you will have to let us know your DS reaction, how exciting for you to see

Karen you made me laugh with the we will try not stare lol

to everyone else. I am wfh today and after 8 a.m. call am taking DD2 to Ortho appt and then back home to work. My microwave died this morning so I will need to get a new one some time today as well.

Have a wonderful day everyone and I hope we all have an op day!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Just popping in to say hello. I've been sucked into The Mortal Instruments book series and have been busy reading those instead of spending time online, LOL

Thing are going well. Still plugging along w/ my weightloss journey, but not really gaining or losing more than 1/2 pound here and there. *sigh* I guess I should take a closer look at my eating and exercise habits and see what I can do to kickstart my weightloss again. I want the rest of this weight OFF, dangit!!!
Closed Thread