General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 28st12lb/22st12lb/12st00lb

Height: 5ft9in

Default Sorry For Posting This

Sorry for posting this but I don't know where else to go and everyone on here has been so nice to me so far. And sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section.

I just feel like rubbish at the moment and have done for to long. I just can't seem to do anything right for anyone and all they do is moan at me. They moan that I haven't asked how they are but yet they never asked me. And if they did ask I wouldn't tell them coz I know they won't understand and I wouldn't want to spoilt there happiness. They just talk about themself but yet I sit there and never say I word about myself, and they don't ask. But than I don't have anything to say about myself anyway. Hate having to sit there with a smile on my face and act like everything is OK when inside am hurting.

I've lost 4 and a half stone (29.1kgs) (64lbs) in the last year and only one person knows this (my mum and she has know from the start). This might sound stupid but I was hoping at least one person would have noticed I've lost some weight but I guess they haven't and I guess I haven't lost enough yet for anyone to notice.

Sorry for posting this, am just being stupid. I guess I just need a hug.
Liz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #2  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I'm sure people have noticed. However, people are often very leery of commenting on anothers personal appearance. I know I hate to say things like "Did you lose weight" "Did you cut/color your hair" etc. Also, some people will be scared/intimidated/upset by another persons success, and may withhold compliments out of jealousy. And then again, some people are just oblivious and clueless! Haha

Just do this for you, no one else, and be happy for your success. You're doing great!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #3  

I'm sorry that you feel like you have to put on a happy face. I tried that for a while and I can tell you for sure 100% that your happy face isn't fooling anyone. My advice would be to put everyone else's feelings aside for the moment and try and figure out why you are not happy. Searching those feelings is scary, but there is only one way to get rid of the fake happy face--you must face your sadness.

As for not noticing your amazing achievement, I've found that a lot of people don't know how to mention weight-loss without the fear of offending the person. I have a SIL who did mention it in front of my whole family and I wanted to beat her to a pulp. I think they are just treading lightly so as to not make you feel self-conscious or something. 64 pounds is wonderful! and I truly hope that you are proud of yourself. You are working so hard to make yourself healthier and feel better. Kudos! and keep up the awesome work!

Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #4  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

And it also sounds like maybe a more caring set of friends should be in your future! Those who would moan about not being asked how they're doing, yet never ask about you, sounds self-centered ... hopefully you can find others who share interests and can enjoy time with them!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #5  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

I hope you feel better.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #6  

Thanks for your replies. I just feel that I can't do anything right with anyone at the moment. But than it would never coz there minds that I might have stuff going on in my head that am trying to sort out and that am unhappy. Sorry to have post in the first place but I didn't know where else to go. Thanks again everyone.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #7  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Height: 5'5"

Oh, I want to hug you! Look, people have noticed I'm sure. I just know a lot of people are shy about commenting on people's appearances. I had a few people quietly pull me aside at my job the other day to ask if I had lost weight. I told them yes, and they said they were impressed but was scared to know if it was from an illness or something. You just never know!
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #8  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

I hope you feel more uplifted by your success soon, I am sorry that you are going through so much.

Take good care of yourself! God bless!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #9  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Hi Liz,

I am from the UK as well, now living in the US. You've done so well, so just keep going. Few people noticed my loss at 64lbs down as well but they sure do now.

I should warn you that it is a mixed blessing. I have gone from no-one mentioning it, to everyone. That's a bit weird, when you just want to talk about something "normal" other than your weightloss.

So just keep going. This is for you, not for them.

Last edited by IanG; 08-20-2013 at 10:07 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #10  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

What I discovered, is, I have to do this for me!

It doesn't matter if anyone else notices, don't get me wrong the compliments are nice, but I'm doing it so I can live longer and enjoy life!

I am a WW lifetime, maintaining member.

Tuesday night WW meetings and my workout schedule is sacred, unless there is a family emergency.

It's my ME time!

This isn't about anyone else, this is about you! "You" are the most important person in the world to yourself!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #11  

Thank you everyone.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Keep in mind, I'm not on IP, but my plan is enough like IP that I thought I might have something to add to this post. (If you want to know how my plan is like and different from IP, I'll add that bit of trivia at the end of my post).

At any rate, I'm wondering whether the rotini is unrestricted due to the relatively new discovery of resistant starches. Research has found that some starches are not fully digested. Like cellulose, inulin and sugar alcohols, at least some of the carbs and calories "don't count" because the body doesn't access those calories/carbs. Cellulose and inulin aren't digested at all (so the carb calories can't be used), sugar alcohols and resistant starches are partially digested (so some, but not all of the carb/calories count).

Unfortunately, at least with sugar alcohols and even more so with resistant starches, it's currently impossible to know exactly how many of the carbs/calories are utilized. It's even likely that some bodies are better able than others to digest sugar alcohols and resistant starch (this hasn't been proven regarding resistant starches, but research does support this is true for sugar alcohols).

So how does all this nutition science trivia relate to the IP rotini packet? My theory is that the IP food developers used this science in developing the rotini packet. They can't yet legally subtract the unuseable calories/carbs from the nutrition label, in part because we don't yet know how many are unuseable or if that number is the same for everyone.

What that probably means for people on IP is that your mileage may vary, so you may have to experiment.

Of course, I could be entirely wrong as to why the rotini packet is unrestricted, my theory is just one possible explanation.

I'm on The Simple Diet which is a psmf similar to IP and other psmfs. TSD uses grocery store Alternatives. 3 meal replacements, 2 entrees (the plan suggests frozen dinners) and 5+ servings of freggies.

On TSD, it's possible to eat very much like Ideal Protein, and that's what I do most of the time. For example fruit is allowed, but isn't mandatory. I can choose Ideal protein for my freggies, and I can substitute lean protein for the entrees, as long as the protein fits the entree guidelines ( fewer than 300 calories and less than 5g fat).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote