Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #1  

Default Looking for some type of Pedometer What type should I get?

Hi I am looking for some type of pedometer gadget. Read lots of both positive and negative reviews on Nike Fuel and Fitbit. If you have one of these or a different type - what do you think and which do you like? I have finally saved enough to get something to help with my walking so now I need to know which to get.
showchinesecresteds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/171/153 now 185/185/155

Height: 5'3"

I use the Nike Fuel Band. Wearing it on my writs makes it less likely that I will lose it or forget to put it on as I leave the house for the day. I like being able to see my progress while I'm out and about. The user interface is easy and syncing with my iPad/iTouch is easy. My fuel ban stopped working after 7 months of continual use. I reported the problem and Nike sent a replacement (after I sent them the malfunctioning device for testing).

I gave my sister a Fitbit Zip for Christmas and she loved it. Unfortunately she lost it (possibly in the laundry) after having it for under 6 months.
ImImportant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #3  

Thanks I appreciate it!
showchinesecresteds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I have a fitbit one and really like it. I sync it with myfitnesspal and endomondo. I think it overestimates calorie burn, at least for me. But I love that it counts both steps, flights of stairs, miles, and active minutes. You can have friends on it and see how you compare to them, too. I just clip it on the center of my bra and go. Oh, and it can track your sleep, too.

Good luck deciding!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #5  
Jiggly Member

S/C/G: 220/195/140?

Height: 5'2"

I have a fitbit flex and I like the convenience of it. It is easier to have it on my wrist than find a place to clip my regular pedometer.

But the one down side for me is that when I'm sweating it feels like it makes my wrist sweat more. I just can't wait to get it off at that point. That could just be me as I know someone else who uses it and it doesn't bother them. Perhaps they don't believe that wrist sweat is the scourge of the civilized world.
Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/161/130

Height: 5'1"

I love my Fitbit.
EllieFunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #7  

I just got a Fitbit Zip and so far so good. I really like that it is so small.
broccolikatie is offline   Reply With Quote