South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat, August 20

Good Morning

Happy Tuesday! I'm up early getting everything prepped so we can head over the hill right after work today. I haven't been over since before the wedding trip so I'm very excited! My coworker agreed to trade me Saturday for Sunday so I have an extra day, too. I've got Bing's Cardiologist appt. set and Kirk has a Dr appt Friday. Other than that, we're going to dehydrate as many peaches as we can fit into 3 days and spend lots of time at the pool. Yay!

What's on your Tuesday agenda? Stop and say hi
Old 08-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Debbie, and have a nice trip over the mountain.

I must still be on vacation mode since I overslept this morning. It's a good thing I can make my own schedule this week, because I had planned to stop in to see Dad on my way in. Cindy's mother is coming over today and we're going to be working at Susie's, since there's still a few closets that need cleaning out. Other than that, I don't have much to do and will probably head home early to get a load of zucchini and peppers in the dehydrator and make quinoa stuffed peppers for supper.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:59 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, I'm still in holiday mode too as I slept through until 6:15 this morning. It helped that the doggage are still tired from their weekend at the kennel.

Debbie, thanks for starting us up AND for the reminder about peaches. I have some in the freezer but must dry some too. I've already done the cherry tomatoes and some plums.

We are supposed to be in a heat wave this week but I've not found it too warm. This morning, after a trip to the bank with the weekend loot, I am going to work outside on cutting back some flowers in my front flower bed. I may haul the spent beans and romaine out of the raised bed too. On the other hand, my book and a tea on the porch appeals too. I'm planning to work on relaxation balanced with work as we slip into fall mode.

Darn! Just finished my coffee and realized I'd planned to go for bloodwork this morning. Oh well - it's a drop-in clinic so I may get there tomorrow if I can remember not to have coffee. Maybe I'll hide my Paul Newman as a reminder.

On we go with Choose-Day! I plan to make no difficult decisions so am off for another coffee before the day cranks up.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Debbie have a wonderful day and thanks for starting us off. Linda would you mind sharing your stuffed peppers recipe? I have quinoa and have been looking to make something with it.

Since being back from vacation I have been up and down with my weight. Decided today must purge the foods that are stalling me. Sorry yummy zucchini bread you have to go! This week was crazy tiring at work so that may affect me too. Today is my last day (long day of training). Driving the Mobil command center from the Bronx to Suffolk County. Hopefully when I get home I will have time for a ride. If not maybe a brisk walk.

Time to go to the Bronx. Enjoy the day
Old 08-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Thanks Lexiss for starting us off this AM. You are sounding all chipper, hope you enjoy your time over the mountain.

Glad to see you back Cottage! Your vacation sounded wonderful, hope things go smoothly for you coming back (that darned paycheck!). I thought of dehydrating some zucchini, but then what? Is that what Cyndi dehydrated last year with different flavors? I don't like them in soups, but as a snack might be yummy.

Oops Ruth, coffee ranks importance! I think it's supposed to warm up this week here too, but hopefully not too bad.

Yesterday I got out of work on time (!!!), and was able to accomplish a few errands. Unfortunately the boss is gone the rest of the week and the mice are definately not going to be playing!

I too need to be better about planning food, but for some reason, when I let the food obsession go away for a month, I *lost* weight. Go figure! That's not very motivating to eat better! (mind you, my "eating bad" now is waaaay different than eating bad before SBD)

Hope y'all have a great day chicks!
Old 08-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jennifer, I'll be happy to share my stuffed peppers recipe, and will post it later today when I have more time.

Tammy, I like to add the dried zucchini chips to my salad, or just eat them as a snack.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning ladies!

I am back from my whirlwind road trip. Sunday and Monday DH and I did the round trip to Boston. DS2 had a job there for the summer but now is home for 2 weeks before heading off again. It's a long enough trip without traffic and construction, but it's a little intense to do it back to back with no day between.

Today's major goal is to do a little nagging and help DS1 pack for his move out this weekend. He will have a studio apartment so it's a balance between having the important stuff but not too much. And I have PT in the middle of the morning as well.

Ruth and Linda, glad you had nice vacation time.
Jennifer, hope you get in your ride.
Debbie, enjoy your trip!

Better get moving.

Last edited by Beth19; 08-20-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Linda - thanks! Do you just cut them and sprinkle flavors on? Any favorites?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am feeling out of wack this morning, woke up with puffed up face am glad I only have about 4 more days of meds to go. The scale is up 5 lbs which is all retention but the good news is my allergic reaction is gone

Debbie enjoy your time over the hill

Ruth the draw of coffee lol

Cottage glad you enjoyed your week at the lake

to everyone else, I need to try and concentrate on work stuff lol.

Tonight is just soccer practice.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am officially on vacation and to celebrate I bought 10 giant heads of broccoli. Now to get them all the freezer. Yup, I sure know how to have fun I was going to buy 3 at 2$ each (local and just out of the field) but I couldn't resist the offer to buy 10 for $10. Apparently they forget all about one field and suddenly had lots of gorgeous broccoli to sell. She also convinced the two other women at the stand so it's not just me I'm freezing the tops then freezing puree from the stems for broccoli cheese soups this winter. I'm sure we will be happy it's in there. Next on the list - blueberries to freeze, and squash, peppers, and tomatoes to dry.

Twynn - I throw dehydrated, shredded summer squash into almost all my crockpot stews in the winter. They don't add much flavor but thicken them and add all those good nutrients and fiber. Almost all my dried vegetables are processed for the crockpot and winter stews and chilis.

Okay, one more cup of coffee then a broccoli omelet and back to food prep.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Debbie enjoy your time off. Time at the pool sounds great.

Ruth. I saw cocktail napkins at a winery that said. My book club only reads wine labels..immediately thought of you.

Linda. Nice to see you back. We went down south for some holidays and on way back spent some time in amish country. Ate breakfast at shady maple. Glad I don't live close. I was actually scared for some people that they would have a heart attack.

Jennifer. Hope day goes by quickly

Twynn. Sorry the mice can't play

Beth. I still remember the fun of moving kids back to school. Oh but the peace afterwards is worth it.

Pearlrose. You will soon feel better

Cindy. Neat idea what to do with stems. Do you blanch the broccoli heads

I finished processing the peaches. Dh has an allergy to some fresh foods. He tried to help me peel the peaches and within minutes his hands were red and swollen. Forgot to put on gloves. Also shelled half a bushel of romano beans for freezer. Will do more stuff for freezer after this weekend's trip to Montreal.
Take care
Sophie
Old 08-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies! Just a quick pop in to say I think you-know-where might have frozen over- I'm actually CRAVING CAULIFLOWER. Delicious Parmesan roasted cauliflower. Got it from someone here, I think.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
Closed Thread