Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 03:50 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry **Giving THANKS :) **

WELCOME!

I was thinking... (I do that once in awhile )
Wouldn't NOVEMBER be the perfect time to begin a thread of "THANKS"... just take a moment to list at least three things (you may list more if you'd like ) that has brought a smile to your face or into your life each and every day beginning with today...

I am very THANKFUL for:
*1* My Lord ~ for without him I would be lost and unhappy... he is my JOY!

*2* My hubby, Joe... the best husband anyone could have. He loves me with all his heart and makes sure I know it daily.

*3* My boys (our kitties): Domino, Guido and Zeppe ~ they bring laughter and unconditional love to me each day.

*4* Dark Chocolates! Need I say more!!!!!!!!!!!

*5* My 3FatChicks Forum Buddies! What would I ever do without you all to share lifes ups (& downs) with

*6* Curves - the exercise that works for me... exercise keeps my head out of the sadness and keeps me feeling fine.

*7* New LIFE !!!! Thank you God for our new little great niece, Mikala Rose... what a blessing!

Okay, now it's your turn.
Awwww come on... ... You can do it... ... just name three things that has brought you joy today.

It has been said, "When you think Positive in life ~
Positive is what you get out of life" Let's make it so...
May the Lord Bless
and Keep You Safe

Last edited by SunnyD57; 11-05-2003 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:26 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default GIVING THANKS

3 THINGS TODAY--

#1-- My friend Donna, you don't know her (well-- maybe you do ) she is way cool

#2-- Compliments to me from my dentist and dental hygenist on raising my kids to be the quality people they are today-- of course I had little to do with it-- they deserve all the credit-- it did, however, bring a smile to my heart!

#3-- Rain-- to help with our southern California fires
Old 11-03-2003, 07:42 PM   #3  

I am sitting here trying to relax after the day from ****! Believe me, after today, I certainly have thanks. My wonderful husband of nearly 31 years had a heart attack at 2:30 am this morning. He is 54 years old and he is resting comfortably tonight.

I am thankful that God decided it wasn't quite time for him yet and allowed me to keep him a little longer.

I am thankful that I have such a wonderful daughter that has helped me today in ways I cannot even count.

I am thankful that I have a beautiful 3 year old grandson that even in my pain and fright this morning, made me laugh by asking me, "Ok, Nonny, just where the heck is Granddad? Is he dead?"

I am thankful for many friends, relatives and former co-workers and even strangers who have put my husband's name on their prayer list. Prayer warriors without whom, I would probably be worse than I am.

I am thankful for this website and the ladies on my thread Time for Serious Fun, who inspire me, comfort me and love me when I need it most.

I am most thankful that when the time comes and Jesus tells my husband, "Come home." that I will know that in eternity we will always be together.

Thank you for starting this thread. For me in my hour of need, it has been wonderful!

Faye
Old 11-03-2003, 08:35 PM   #4  

Wink

Dear Dear FAYE ~
I am so happy for you that your husband is okay... how frightening! My hubby is 50 and we have been married for 28 years, I just couldn't imagine what you must have felt. My heart goes out to you and your family. May your husband continue to have a speedy recovery. I am so glad that God inspired me to begin this thread and it was helpful to you. And that you have the love & support of your family surrounding you.

May the Lord Bless You!
*Prayers* & (((Hugs)))

God Bless you GARY ~ You are sweet
Old 11-03-2003, 08:42 PM   #5  

~ I am thankful for a loving father in heaven to guide me.

~ I am thankful for a loving husband that puts up with me

~ I am thankful for two children who are smart and kind.

~ I am thankful for my dumb cooker spanial who is by be all day long giving me unconditional love.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:05 PM   #6  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

1. I am thankful to know my Lord and to feel His loving kindness. Even when I don't deserve it, He's there for me.

2. I'm thankful for Michelle, my massage therapist, who really helped to relieve the pain in my hips and back. She is a Christian too, and she is so kind and really wants to help people. She worked on me for 1/2 an hour (i think longer) and i could not believe how she helped.

3. I'm thankful to my Mother who is always there for me. In many ways she truly is my best friend.

4. I'm thankful to all of you, my 3fc friends on the CE thread and also my church friends whom i can always pray with and who are always willing to pray for me and my concerns. Truly special.....

Sunny~!you are so clever, having a link to the new thread, why didn't I think of that! And how special you are to think of us doing this, writing down what we are thankful for, great idea!

Faye! welcome to you and I'm so sorry about your DH. I hope he is back to his old self soon! Hope to hear from you.

So Gary~do you know if there is still a town of Julian to go visit during Christmas? I'm so happy they are getting a handle on the fires.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:41 AM   #7  

1. I am thankful for a loving God who sent his son....

2. I am thankful for a Christian husband....I've never known him any other way, since we met at 16 yrs of age...both new converts.

3. I am thankful for 4 beautiful children & 11 gorgeous grandchildren.

4. I am thankful for the men & women (such as my son-in-law) who are fighting, & who have fought for my freedom. For the great country I live in.

5. I am thankful for all the drs who help me, & believe in God. They pray about decisions made for me. They also pray, before any surgical procedure.

6. I am thankful for this board & the many friends I've made, helping me through some rough times.

7. I'm thankful for all the angels who watch over me.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:25 AM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Gotta be quick--

#1 Yes Michele, the fireman saved Julian-- they made a heroric stand around the city-- the fireman that lost his life was one of those.

#2 Thankfull that my wife has been getting up and meeting a teacher friend at 5am to walk/run 30-45 minutes each morning, keeping her healthy

#3 Thankfull I am able to go to work (even if I really don't want to)

Bless all of you- Gary
Old 11-04-2003, 11:22 AM   #9  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I'm thankful today for:

1. My Simba dog who loves me unconditionally and who always wants to cuddle in the a.m. before we get out of bed.

2. I'm thankful for Nicole C. Mullen's who's music touches me w/her words and sound. She loves the Lord and loves people and her music is special.

3. I'm thankful to have a job, even if it isn't the dream job, it's paying the bills.

4. I'm thankful i live in a country where i can be open about what I believe, i have freedom and i have many luxuries that many in the world do not unfortunately. Things I often take for granted.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:30 PM   #10  

Angry

WoW! This is wonderful to see
Just stopping in myself to leave a bit of Thanks!

11-4-2003:
*1* I am thankful for Sunny, Warm Days of Fall when the leaves are just blowing in small gusts of wind and you can feel the wind against your face and feel God in your presence.

*2* I am thankful for Ladybugs! I know, I know... they are beetles, but I think they are cute and they entertain my cats

*3* I am thankful for my Lord's readiness to forgive me each and every day for the the mistakes I tell myself & Him I will not do again and do!

*4* I am thankful for the sweet sound of birds --- what a beautiful song.

*5* I am thankful for soft new down pillows... cannot wait to lay my head down tonight --- it's been a busy day today.

May the Lord Bless You ALL!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:34 PM   #11  

Angry

The day began a very warm and comfy - 65*- but has dropped to a cool 47*... burrrrrr. And the heat just kicked on. I think winter is trying to make it's way here. We are expecting snow by this Saturday.

Today I give Thanks for:

*1* Being healthy enough to get back into my exercise program.

*2* I am thankful for the product 'Aleve' because every muscle in my body is letting me know I have used them today

*3* I am so very thankful for my family! I spoke to my parents & DS this morning and miss them terribly. Thanksgiving will be lonely here without them to celebrate with.

*4* I am thankful for my father and all the men & women who have given of themselves and their lives so that we may live in a free U.S.A.

Well, that's about it for today.
I sure do hope to see more visitors and less lurkers ~
please take a moment to stop in
Blessings!
Old 11-05-2003, 08:41 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down Thankful

Today I am thankful for #1 my nephew didn't get chewed out by Pastor in confirmation class for blurting out the answers!

#2 I am able to e-mail my daughter, away at college, Daddy loves you cards!!

#3 My wife is down in the gym "staying" in shape AND is going to cook tostadas for dinner!!

#4 Beer in the fridge and nowhere I have to drive to.

#4 son just got back his c-best (teaching) results and passed with high scores!!

Most of all thankful for my Lord Jesus Christ
Old 11-06-2003, 07:12 AM   #13  

#1 I'm thankful for a roof over my head and a place to call home.

#2 I'm thankful for the soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for their country and for our freedom.

#3 I'm thankful for my christan friends whos fellowship has kept me in line and healed my wounds.

#4 I'm thankful for SunnyD who started this thread so I would be more possative then negative which I have a tendency to do.

#5 I am thankful for computers so I can get information quick and easy.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:21 AM   #14  

1. I am Thankful to my lord who loves me when I am not very loveable.

2.I am thankful for the blessing of 6 wonderful healthy children and a Great Husband.

3.I am thankful that my Mother is still here and has changed her life around and we are very close.

4.I am thankful God blessed me with a wonderful large family that all gets along.

5.I am thankful for the blessing of a loving church and my extened family through them.

6.I am thankful for my New Son in Love God blessed my Dear Daughter with a wonderful Godly man.

7.I am thankful for a Christian Dr. Who never gives up on me even when I want to.

8. I am thankful that I have to work so I don't stay in bed all day and let my illness take over.

9.And I am so thanful for my Christian Encouragers web page what a wonderful group that have been there for me through a lot.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:12 AM   #15  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I am thankful for 1) A nice warm comfy bed.

2) I'm thankful to have a nice coat that has kept me warm these past winters. (It was 13 degrees here this a.m.!!

3) I'm thankful we have a President who banned the partial birth abortion. He is changing this country in some positive ways.
Closed Thread