Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 07:31 PM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #37

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #37

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

LBS DOWN FRIDAY : POST YOUR LBS LOST FOR THE WEEK ON FRIDAY AND I WILL COMPILE THEM AND POST THEM TOGETHER WITH OUR LBS DOWN
Old 11-03-2003, 08:05 PM   #2  

Good evening ladies!

I am pretty wiped out after today, but I need to stay up until at least 9 pm so I will sleep so as soon as I get done posting I am going to clean the bathrooms and dust upstairs then all I will have to do in the morning is strip the sheets and vacuum and my house will be clean. Cleaning is cathartic for me and it helps keep my mind busy.

I need to talk so I hope you will bear with me. I need to just be honest about how I am feeling and I don't want to upset Jack or Kelly. I am just plain scared out of my wits. He has been my best friend, my only lover and an amazing companion. We have weathered financial disasters over and over, children's rebellion, separation for as long as a year at a time when he was in the Navy, our parents all dying and I could go on and on. With each thing that would happen, my husband would always tell me, "We'll get through this." That is what he said to me tonight and I know it is true. I know that I need to be positive as I try to pound into everyone elses heads all the time, but I sit here alone thinking, just sobbing away. I told him tonight that every time I leave him I am afraid. He said, "Donna, if something else happens, I am in the best place I can be" but darn it, I am just so scared you guys. One minute I tell myself that he is going to be fine, the next I tell myself that I will be fine if something would happen to him, but he is everything to me. Two years ago when he turned 52, I had a sort of panic attack because his dad died at 52 and his grandfather at the same age, his dad from cancer and his grandfather from a heart attack. I remember so clearly him telling me that day, "Don't worry, I am NOT going to have a heart attack. I am really healthy." Thanks for just letting me write it all down and spit it out on the computer. I feel a little better now and I am going to go and clean and then take a sleeping pill (a light one not heavy) and try and sleep.

I could never express how much you all and your support right now across the miles means to me! ( my babies, the dog and cat, know something is wrong. They are both sitting here right behind my chair)

Faye
Old 11-03-2003, 08:26 PM   #3  

Old 11-03-2003, 08:52 PM   #4  

Oh, Faye Sweety we love you and believe you me you both are in my prayers and thoughts...wow all day I've been thinking about that, which made me think of other stuff relating. I know you strong and can get through this. I wish I could make things better with just a for now I offer you my support on here and many many many and all going your way. We love you and are here for you.

Yesterday I got all 4pts once again and I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but Andrew's mom called me and said he asked for me to go visit him on Saturday...I guess they're having a family day or something, but instead I think I will just send him a letter. A friendly one wishing hm the best of luck, but not one of an ex lover/girlfriend, etc. I do not talk about us in it. I just think I am not ready to see him and am trying to focus on me now. I looked up some Alanon meetings I am considering attending, my dad drank a lot too and I think they might be helpful, I feel a bit weird/ shy about them though What I would love to do would be visit a therapist, but can't afford that right now...see I have kinda figured out my issues, but think I may need professional help to help me resolve those issues...not sure. If anyone has any websites they think would be helpful please tell me . I need help with codependancy I think...that feeling of not wanting to be alone.

Okay that all girls take care and hope you're all doing good.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:55 AM   #5  

Faye,

Know that my thoughts and prayers remain with you and Jack and your children today. You are both so fortunate to have found that kind of love. Take comfort in that! We love you and we will be right here waiting for you, whatever you need, all you have to do is ask. Love to you...............
Old 11-04-2003, 08:54 AM   #6  

Morning Ladies!

First of all, Faye.......You know you can come here and write your feelings anytime you want! You've helped each one of us through things in the past.......and we want to help you get through this. I know you're scared about being separated, I feel the same way about James (his mom died at 40! and he's always thinking about that.) We went through a period where our mutual fear of separation actually paralyzed us for several years. We never wanted to be apart. If I spent a little extra time at the grocery store, I got a lecture when I got home! Not because he cared what I was doing, but because he was afraid something had happened to me. The fear was destroying us! We've gotten much better, and we don't smother each other as much. I know you can't help it right now, but don't let it turn unhealthy later on. You WILL BOTH get through this together! I just know it.

NOW, for everyone else.........I'm puttin' on the hat. We can support Faye and still not lose sight of ourselves and our own journeys! Back to the points!

I get a for yesterday
Dorothy gets a for yesterday

Dorothy--I think writing a letter to Andrew was an incredibly mature and sound answer to not wanting to visit him! Good for you!!! You are showing your support without letting yourself be ensnared by your emotional attachment. I'm proud of you! Definitely check out the alanon meetings......everyone there probably felt hesitant about going, but they found support that they needed and so can you. I felt weird about coming here for weight loss support, but it has done soooo much for me!

Today is TARGET TUESDAY......and I want us all to focus on our HEALTH! Forget about fitting into those size 8 jeans, or the bikini you want to wear next summer. We DON"T want to have a heart attack, we DON"T want to deal with diabetes, or arthritis, or cancer. We strive for those four points everyday because EXERCISE makes us HEALTHY....WATER makes us HEALTHY and EATING PROPERLY makes us HEALTHY!!!! There have been so many deaths and illnesses on this list lately, I think that it needs to be a wake up call for all of us. Be thankful for your good health and make a promise to yourself that you will strive everyday to become even healthier!

Ok, Enough is enough........

to everyone!
Julie
Old 11-04-2003, 10:01 AM   #7  
I Can and I Will

YES DRILL SARGENT... I got all 4 yesterday as well. LOL i totally agree with u Julie... sending andrew a letter was incredibly strong and mature Dot... U keep taking care of u and all else will fall into place. Faye my thoughts and prayers will remain with u and yours ... for always, as they do with each and every one of the wonderful and beautiful women on this thread. I did my 2 mile watp video yesterday then my yoga... i plan on doing this every weekday... 5 days ... that way the weekends willbe mine to do as i choose... it may very well be the same thing but its a choice....lol It snowed here yesterday... the kids loved it... i even have a little snowman in the back yard facing my window... Hunter said i needed some company while they were at school... what a sweetie... I love you all... take care of u...

Sandy
Old 11-04-2003, 10:06 AM   #8  

Angry

Faye,please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Jack...I haven't been here for a few days ,and I 'm sorry I didnt get to know sooner...Faye ,focus on the positive for you and Jack,and he is right,if something were to happen ,he couldn't be in a better place...they can do so much now as far as the heart is concerned,and God isnt ready for him as he has a long way to go to be with his love ...I love you Faye and know that I wil be thinking of you constantly as I'm sure all the ladies will be...I wish I could be there with you ,but please know that my heart is there with you...love him all you can and think positive ...please don't stress yourself out,cause then you will run yourself down and maybe get sick...I love you Faye,and if there is anything you need ,please let us know,as we are here for you .ALWAYS...I will check in later to see how you are doing ....love and BIG BIG BIG CYBER HUGS....JOY
Old 11-04-2003, 11:00 AM   #9  

SANDYB-- !!!

Let's hear those points everyone!........

Julie
Old 11-04-2003, 11:54 AM   #10  

Good Morning!
Its 4 points for me!!!
I'm going to go to the weight room of the gym today. I've never been. I've always been too scared so, I stuck to the cardio section. But I am only reminded of the complete lack of muscle mass in my upper body so I'm going to swallow my fear and march on in. Have any pointers? Wish me luck!
Old 11-04-2003, 01:01 PM   #11  

Faye, hugs to you along with my thoughts and prayers. You will get through this and you and your family will come out of this stronger, closer, and will enjoy each other and life that much more. Please take care of yourself, too.

I got 3 pts for yesterday, didn't get any exercise in, spent too much time on the computer with my new guy! Countdown to date---4 days. No stress--yet.

Good target for Tuesday--getting healthier. I have stuck to my food plan since Sat, which is great for me, and I have a new resolve to keep with it. Thank you ladies for your role in that, your support and encouragement is making a world of difference.

Have a great day!
Judy
Old 11-04-2003, 01:49 PM   #12  
It is what it is...

Default Hello to All...

Faye - So glad to hear that Jack is doing better, I have asked everyone I know to pray for him and you during this hard time.
You are a very strong woman Faye and if anyone can get through this ( for both of you ) - you can!!!
I tried to put myself in your shoes, I have been with my husband since we were 18 and 19...actually this Thursday is our 10 year anniversary, high school sweethearts just like you and Jack. The thought of it scared me to death...really made me go home last night and tell him how I felt and not to let the stupid things get between us. We are lucky women to have found men like we have, truly. Hope you have a good day and keep your smile on.

Everyone else - how are you doing? Seems a little quiet around here lately....

I had an off program day yesterday but am back on the wagon today...so far anway...

Have a great day everyone...go home tonight and hug your family...
Old 11-04-2003, 02:54 PM   #13  

Hi everyone,

Faye- I'm praying for you and Jack and family. You two are strong and things already seem to be getting better. My Mom had one a about 5 years ago and had the same things done. I'm happy to say she's been going strong ever since. She's not what I would call healthy either, so I know Jack is going to do just great. It is a scary thing to go through though. We are here for you and your in my thoughts and prayers.

I've been off program for a bit now. I have had a really rough weekend, long weekend. My daughter's surgery went well, she's still tender but is coming around just fine. Then there's been some really upsetting personal stuff going on in my household that I have been dealing with as well. I was in tears for 3 days. It was pretty awful I'm still trying to get through it, but I know I be alright. It will just take time to get through this. Then on top of all that I have a terrible toothache. UGG. I am trying to get back on track one step at a time. I just found out I am getting my tooth pulled tomorrow morning. best of luck to you all, I may not be on much, but i think about ya's all the time.

Lisa
Old 11-04-2003, 03:08 PM   #14  

Angry

hey girls,I have all 4 points for yesterday....YAH!!!!!!......feels good to take care of me ,so I'll be here to take care of my loved ones...so far today I have done the 2 mile tape and walked outside ...counting the steps to get at least my 10,000.00 ,but more if I can...it makes me move ,doing extra so I can get the steps and that's a good thing ....Faye,just want you to know that we are all here for you and I am thinking of you constantly...hang in there ,I know you are strong ...and remember we love you ....well,I will check in later ,yall take care.....Joy
Old 11-04-2003, 03:41 PM   #15  

POINTS!

Susan --don't feel timid about using the weights, they can be your best friend in weight loss! THere is a great thread on here called Ladies who Lift (I think it's in the exercise forum?) anyway, they have lots of good information on weight lifting!

Judy: great job!

Joy:

Lisa--I'm nursing a toothache too. I'm totally dental-phobic and have put off dealing with it for sooooo long. I finally really HAVE to go to the dentist, but we have no money for it. Sigh. I love ibuprophen!

Faye, If you're on here, try to get some rest !!!

Later all!
Julie
Closed Thread