General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #1  
Warrior

S/C/G: 252/216/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Wirst week ever... just need a shoulder to cry on.

Just like the title says...

First of all, I've been sick all week. Really sick... My body aches all over, I feel dizzy and lightheaded, and my stomach is just churning. THe thought of food is appalling and when this first started I went 24 hours without eating just because I couldn't keep anything down. I'm getting scared that something is really, really wrong. But... I can't go to a doctor because due to some odd circumstances at my job and involving my ex husband, I am without health insurance until October. I guess the only upside to this is it's helping with my weight loss... but that's the least of my concerns right now.

Add to this misery I've been dealing with... the fact that I work a very physical job and have been on mandatory overtime (60+ hours a week) since the beginning of July. Every week my boss tells us it will be the last week. Then we come in on Monday to a Memo that says overtime will continue until further notice. I am missing a good friend's birthday bash this week because I'll be at work. I also will be missing another good friend's wedding here in a couple weeks. Having no life is starting to get to me. And, one night this week I was so sick I couldn't function at work, so I had to go home early. Now they are making me work 11 hours shifts until I make up the hours that were lost the night I left early. I'm already sick and weak... now being forced to work longer hours!

Last night my boyfriend told me he interviewed with a company in California. (We are in Ohio now.) He said the interview went well and they should be in touch here soon. I asked him where that leaves things for him and I if he get's this job. We both agreed that this relationship is worth holding onto, and we don't want to do the long distance thing. So, if he gets this job, I will be moving out there with him. But, the thought of that is scary as **** to both of us. Neither of us have ever lived away from our home town. So, on top of all this other crap that is going on, this is just something else to be un-nerved about. I know it sounds awful but I'm kind of hoping he doesn't get the job.

I actually wish he was here right now... but he has his own job to worry about right now. He has a huge deadline coming up.

I can't stop crying. I didn't even want to get out of bed today. And I don't want to go to work and bust *** for 11 hours either. I could barely choke down my breakfast and the thought of dinner is nauseating to me. Truthfully, I just want to take a sleeping pill and be near comatose for the next day or so. But I can't.

I just needed to get this out. Thanks for listening.
DazeGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

**hugs** I hope you feel better soon.

Is calling in sick any kind of option? You might be sick from the stress of all the hours at a demanding job. Your body might just be trying to demand some much needed rest.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #3  
Warrior

S/C/G: 252/216/160

Height: 5'7"

I just noticed I spelled worst wrong, lol... I was bawling my eyes out when I typed this thread. Wonder why spellcheck missed it.

To answer the question about calling off sick... if I did I would have to either make up all the time within the next week, or face disciplinary action... since I have no doctors excuse.
DazeGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #4  

I think you just need to get to the doctors - it's crazy to wait when you feel so terrible, and there could be a BIG problem that should get fixed ASAP. Money you'd spend on the doctor would be a small amount compared to no longer being able to work if you have a health problem. Also, how much is peace of mind worth to you if you find out there's nothing physically wrong and it is just the stress of so much work?!

Are you eating enough and/or staying hydrated? I get that you're not feeling well and therefore not eating, but if your job is really physical and you're expending lots of calories during the day, if you're not eating enough then that could quite easily cause light headedness, as can lack of hydration.

Also...if your employer is going to force you to make up the hours you miss if you call in sick, that's a terrible employer! It's in their best interest to have healthy employees (they're productive and happier!). Check your state labour laws re "mandatory overtime" and if your company can force you to make up lost hours when you call in sick (as opposed to just not paying you for that time if you don't get any sick time). Unless you have a history of calling in sick and abusing whatever sick program is in place, then your employer is employing some heavy handed discipline!

Last edited by 2annabelle; 08-16-2013 at 05:12 PM.
2annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/Weight Tracker/150

Height: 5'6"

CNA?? Just curious because I almost went into CNA at one of the homes in WV, and quickly backed out when they said I could work 16 hours some days.

As for moving out West, it may be a good idea. New scenery, new experiences and if the job is something he likes, that's an even bigger plus. I know it is scary at first, but it does get better. Trust me.

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well though and still facing work. The sixty hours a week bit is taxing on the body, both physically and mentally. You need a break, and unfortunately in some lines of work it is hard to find a break unless you happen to luck into an office that is only open 8-5 or something.

ShyHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I second annabelle in saying that your company has awful (and perhaps illegal) policies.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #7  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

it's worth the money to get a doctor's note to excuse yourself from work....the price of a doctor's visit is less than the price you are paying right now emotionally, physically and mentally at this job...and then secondly look into the state's laws about overtime and sick leave when you are better....a doctor's visit now will cost a lot less than an emergency room visit as you get sicker and sicker....please take care of yourself
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #8  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

I hope your situation improves in the very near future! I don't have much advice, but I am wishing you all the best! Peace
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #9  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Everyone made great comments. Just want you to know that I hope you feel better soon and that things work out to relieve your stress.

Sending you big hugs.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #10  

Daze, could you be pregnant?

and it sounds like you need to find a new job that isn't so demanding and unforgiving.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #11  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Oh gosh, Dazegypsy. That sounds so horrible. So sorry you're going through this. No real advice here except to maybe see a doctor just to be sure you're ok. A lot of clinics would see you for a low cost and some based on income as well. I also agree to do it before you get to the point of needing to go to an ER.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote