Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #1  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Default My parents and sisters have all agreed...

to a 'no junk food in sight of other family members' rule!

Basically if a family member wants to have something junky or 'bad' they will keep it out of sight by leaving it in the car or putting it in their bedroom discreetly, or eating it outside of the house completely.

I actually do quite well when there isn't junk food in the house. Sometimes I binge on things my parents have in the house all the time but it isn't realistic to ask my mom to get rid of sugar, or bread or cereal or tortilla chips/shells. She buys these things as groceries because she likes them, but they don't cause me to binge as often as real junky junk food does.

I also counted my carbs today with the intent of keeping them much lower than usual and I have to say it's 10 pm and I am having NO cravings. This is amazing for me. Of course it's day one and day one is always easy. If I'm still not craving tomorrow evening it'll be mindblowing but if in two weeks I'm still not craving in the evenings then it'll be a miracle and I'll be a low carb convert.

Anyways, my spirits are high again everyone! <3
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/168/135

Height: 5'8"

Sounds great! I find that I do the best when I'm by myself, but at soon as I visit my parents I have to eat everything! So if they hid all of that candy and fatty foods I would be really happy too! However, I don't even live there anymore so I couldn't ask that of them..

If you just started you might expect to crave sometime in the first week or 2, but just fight through it! Probably after the first week all cravings are gone, at least it worked for me My mouth is still watering when seeing something delicious, but I don't feel a need to eat it..
Best of luck!
lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 AM   #3  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Haha, well by 'craving' I suppose I actually mean 'uncontrollable urge to overeat'.

I have had a few 'cravings' today where I wanted pasta or jam or sugar or something but they weren't uncontrollable and I was able to just go about my business. It is a refreshing break from the past few weeks of binging.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #4  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

That is great! My family helped me a good deal by doing exactly that. I think that it also helped them eat less junk too.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/168/135

Height: 5'8"

I've had days like that.. just can't stop eating -.- my life is basically either weeks of binging or weeks of exercising and eating 1200 calories. I think I've found an okay middle ground this time. I get excited to find healthy recipes and cooking them everyday, so much fun!
And I try to exercise every morning, that way I have no cravings.. Or just going for a walk to get my thoughts straight
lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalrus0 View Post
Haha, well by 'craving' I suppose I actually mean 'uncontrollable urge to overeat'.

I have had a few 'cravings' today where I wanted pasta or jam or sugar or something but they weren't uncontrollable and I was able to just go about my business. It is a refreshing break from the past few weeks of binging.
I find that my pasta cravings are more a craving for the sauce (and cheese too!) than the actual pasta itself. Zucchini noodles are a great option and even my Italian pasta-raised boyfriend loved my zucchini noodles with a veggie-rich primavera sauce this past weekend to the point of "I never need to eat regular pasta again."

Another pasta craving buster is something that incorporates the Italian flavors in a different way like Eggplant parmesan boats.

For me, satisfying my cravings with different combinations of the same flavors that fit within my nutritional needs has been one of the main keys to keeping weight off.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #7  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

I also mistake tiredness for cravings of sugar/simple carbs. My body wants to sleep, but I want to stay up and watch tv or something, so my body suggests sugar for the energy hit. I feel much better if I eat something small with a bit of protein and/or fat and go to bed (cup of hot skim milk, half a slice of cheese), though it's not as much fun
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote