South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Think Fall Thursday - Oh no!!!!

Here's a cup of coffee - yes, it's Paul Newman. Quite chilly this morning at 53ºF but it'll warm up to 76 later. Until then, Paul will do.

I realized fall is on the way yesterday when I noticed sumac trees starting to turn a bit. I also put some summer clothing into the storage bin rather than in the closet. Funny but I am going into my pre-fall semi-panic. (I think it's from teaching school for so many years.)

At ten I have a meeting here with three of the guys to discuss finances. As usual we are broke this time of year as we have paid staff all summer and the grants have yet to arrive to replenish the account. We are running on a line of credit right now and I want to get it through their heads that we have to stop spending money on "extras" like building flower boxes for the Town Hall porch! Wish me luck! I'm hoping my coffee and cookies will help ease the blow!

This afternoon I plan to do some cutting back in the front garden so it looks a bit better when fall really does arrive. Of course that idea could fall by the wayside if something more interesting happens along. (Life is short. Eat dessert first.)

In the meantime, another coffee is in order and a browse through the online papers.

Have a thoughtful and useful Thursday.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth! It sure does feel like fall, this is my favorite weather....cool overnight, and warm but not hot in the day. It has been an odd weather year! (I wonder if we'll get the August heat or not?) I hope you find something more fun to do this afternoon!

I of course got out of work late yesterday, picked up our kids and DD's friend, and went to Ag Progress days - they had a great time!! Lots of little informative games to play, free organic choco milk, and several times thru the corn maze. They were pretty tired, and I must've been too since my alarm woke me up this am!

Today is normal - off to my *fabulous* long day of work (I'm trying to convince myself!) and then prepping for camping tomorrow. I'm grateful a friend is watching the dog all weekend at their house (the mom of the friend last night) so she can play play play! She said to pay her in her favorite seasonal beer, so it's a deal!

Off to finish coffee and start the day...

Last edited by TwynnB; 08-15-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh! Oh! Oh! Cyndi and Linda meet today! Pictures?!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tammy, how about I pick you up and we join them? They'd darn well better take pictures!

Friend Joanne just dropped in with her new rescue dog - an Australian Cattle Dog - Blue heeler? Lovely coat and nice friendly young lad.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It does feel like fall here I'm not sure I'm ready. I love this weather but just don't want winter to hurry in.

I just found out I'm scheduled for another week long training in late September. Not sure where it will be yet. I'm not thrilled but i guess it's better to go before the snow so I don't get stuck anywhere.

Yesterday was fun and exhausting. Today I'm off to meet Linda. Can't wait!

Ruth - do you just snack on those tomatoes or use them in things? Next week I'm taking the week off to get some stuff put up for winter. Time to make a list!

Twynn - Where is the trip this weekend? I don't feel like I've had nearly enough camping this year between the rain and the heat.

So I'll see you two in a couple of hours?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #6  

Tammy- I had to laugh when I read your post about Ag Progress days! That's about 2 miles from where I grew up, sounds like it's a bit more interesting for kids now. i was never excited to go except to go around and see who was handing out free stuff. My parents still stop out every year. (Though they mainly view it as a sign Grange Fair is around the corner.)
Old 08-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I'm working out with my mom today since our trainer is going in for breast augmentation tomorrow. This afternoon DH takes his mom to the doctor so I'll be at home dog-sitting. My poor son is going to be in for it when he gets back to campus since the puppy is now waking up with me, hours before he'd wake up with my son.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday ending up going to doctor's had an allergic reaction to sunscreen on Sunday and the rash was spreading and not getting better so the doc put me on predisone for a week, it's already getting better after one day on med's.

Tonight is soccer practice and yes it does feel like fall, I am so glad I got a replacement light jacket (lost mine on the June trip) so I could wear this morning

Ruth good luck convincing the lads

Tywnn sounds like you had fun last evening

Cyndi to please post picture of you and Linda- how fun

Hi Wonderlin

Karen yup I think you son will have a surprise when he goes back.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning.

Finally have a sunny day here and the weather man predicts a whole string of them.
Have to go to Lake Placid for my post-op knee check up today. I know it is getting better but "it ain't there yet"! But what a beautiful day for a drive through the mountains.
The air has had that fall feeling for a few days now. Hope that doesn't mean we get 3 weeks of 85+ right after school starts. In the next 2 weeks I'm bracing myself for the onslaught of moving 2 kids to their respective locations and getting my own school year going. This is such a busy time for me!

Need to get moving. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm headed to mom's to pick raspberries. Trying to get other stuff done today, too. I have a recall issue with the vehicle and have to be in Denver at 8 tomorrow to get it fixed.

Beth, I hope the Dr. gives you a good report on your knee!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 193.8/188.6/160

Yippee!!

My first week back on the Beach and I dropped 3 lbs. I don't believe in giving up what I like to lose weight even though it may take a little longer, I just need to remember my portion control. It's important to me that I don't feel deprived of anything. I allowed myself 2 glasses of wine 2 nights last week but other than that I didn't stray off program at all so I know I can do this.

I'm feeling really good after this last week back on the Beach. Now I just need to keep the momentum going.

Last edited by seachick; 08-15-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Yay! seachick!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi quick fly by as I am working. Beautiful day out, glad I am not indoors (working overtime) Cannot wait to hear about the great time Linda and Cyndi are having
Old 08-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #14  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hey there...

I hope that everyone had a good day so far. I was sooo sleepy this morning from the move yesterday. I saw my family doc and that appointment went prett well. Then, I came home and took a long nap, went to my old apartment and put some things in bags, came back here after dinner. Moving is such a pain!

Comcast comes tomorrow to hook up my TV, phone and internet, it will feel nice to be more 'connected.' I still have tons of boxes and bags to unpack, slowly I will. I have the SBD Wake-Up Call book so perhaps I will start to read that soon.

Take care, have a good night!

Amy
Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just saying hi, ladies. Hope everyone is having a good day.

jekel - I actually already switched my cellphone bill to my Massachusetts address. I didn't think about my credit card bills, but I'll do that now. I have paperless all the way around, anyway, so it really doesn't matter if I change it. I did the cellphone bill b/c I knew I needed something to have my license changed over when I move up there.
Closed Thread