Old 08-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #1  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Default Scale's not shifting down, and I'm starting to feel down.. help

I feel I might be starting to have a stall in my weight loss, and this is usually the time when I drop off my efforts. I know it's terrible, but I seem to run out of the ability to keep myself going at this time... I'm used to doing everything on my own, so I'd like to try something new this time... I'd like to reach out for support and ask for any and all words of encouragement to help get me over this bump and on my way to goal. I'm slowly starting to learn that I don't have to do everything in life by myself, and that reaching out to others is good! Thanks chickies.

Last edited by belovedspirit; 08-13-2013 at 11:13 AM.
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

How long have you been stalled? The times that I stalled for weeks, I usually could find the reason if I was honest with my food logs. Now, my weight can be stagnate for days due to fluid fluctuations. I will be at the same weight for a week then suddenly, whoosh, down 2 or 3 pounds.

You can do this! Persistence pays!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 249/~~~/149

Height: 5'6

I stalled at 241 for over two weeks. I even went back up to 246. Probably because of water weight. My starting point was 249. I was bummed. But I kept doing all the right things (including coming to this site) knowing that my weight had to drop at some point. Got on the scale this morning... 239.8! I'm in the 230s now! By .2! I will celebrate that .2!

Keep doing the right things.
Amy Remixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

You can do this!!! Good luck!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315.6/Ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

I sooooo needed to read this today. I have been sitting between 270-271 for what feels like forever now! It is frustrating! Every time I am about to hit a new decade my weight becomes stagnant. But I will keep on trucking because it has to come off eventually.
justaloozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
How long have you been stalled? The times that I stalled for weeks, I usually could find the reason if I was honest with my food logs. Now, my weight can be stagnate for days due to fluid fluctuations. I will be at the same weight for a week then suddenly, whoosh, down 2 or 3 pounds.

You can do this! Persistence pays!
Thank you!!
The stall hasn't been terribly long, but it's been stressing me out nonetheless and the stress worries me because I have a tendency to fall off the wagon, so to speak, when this happens. Maybe my body is recalibrating a little bit... if I stay on plan, it will have to eventually break the stall, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Remixed View Post
I stalled at 241 for over two weeks. I even went back up to 246. Probably because of water weight. My starting point was 249. I was bummed. But I kept doing all the right things (including coming to this site) knowing that my weight had to drop at some point. Got on the scale this morning... 239.8! I'm in the 230s now! By .2! I will celebrate that .2!

Keep doing the right things.
Thank you for the encouragement, Amy! Congrats on making it into the 230s!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
You can do this!!! Good luck!
Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaloozer View Post
I sooooo needed to read this today. I have been sitting between 270-271 for what feels like forever now! It is frustrating! Every time I am about to hit a new decade my weight becomes stagnant. But I will keep on trucking because it has to come off eventually.
I'm glad! Yes, it does! We can absolutely do this!!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #7  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

I've been stuck around 210 - 213 for several months now. I'm keeping my calories and carbs down, but I know I'm not eating enough veggies. I've determined to eat stir fried veggies for dinner each night, and take the left overs for lunch at work the next day with some grilled chicken. I'm only 2 days in, but this morning was a 210 day.... so maybe it's working. Just a thought. More veggies couldn't hurt.

Hang in there. One morning you'll wake up and see a new number... What a difference a day makes!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #8  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I have been stalled out at around 180 for weeks now. So I am with you on this.

I have no idea why. Just keep going I suppose...
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #9  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Beloved.... You will get thru this! You will... Just relax and don't look at the scale. Try every day to eat as best as you can.. do what ever exercise that you have and just laugh and enjoy life... I bet after a week you might see a no on the scale.... (are you measuring too? to see if parts of you are getting smaller?? that always helps me when I have my 3 weeks of the same weight every month) Just a thought. But just try Today! Just today... Tomorrow will come and you can decide what to do tomorrow! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/195/160

Height: 5' 5"

Stalls come and go, just keep pressing on.
Hopegrowsagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwShucks View Post
I've been stuck around 210 - 213 for several months now. I'm keeping my calories and carbs down, but I know I'm not eating enough veggies. I've determined to eat stir fried veggies for dinner each night, and take the left overs for lunch at work the next day with some grilled chicken. I'm only 2 days in, but this morning was a 210 day.... so maybe it's working. Just a thought. More veggies couldn't hurt.

Hang in there. One morning you'll wake up and see a new number... What a difference a day makes!
Thank you!! Veggies are awesome! I did a shopping run yesterday, so I'm quite stocked on produce. I'm hopeful this might help. And good for you for upping your intake!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
Beloved.... You will get thru this! You will... Just relax and don't look at the scale. Try every day to eat as best as you can.. do what ever exercise that you have and just laugh and enjoy life... I bet after a week you might see a no on the scale.... (are you measuring too? to see if parts of you are getting smaller?? that always helps me when I have my 3 weeks of the same weight every month) Just a thought. But just try Today! Just today... Tomorrow will come and you can decide what to do tomorrow! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!
Thanks, Sue. I've never measured, because I don't trust myself to measure reliably and I'm concerned that might throw me off. Maybe that's a little silly? I am and will keep the efforts up as best as I can, though. I'm headed to the gym this afternoon, in fact. I spent last night looking at goal stories of ladies who've made it to their goals, and I'm focusing on the potential of that being me a year from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopegrowsagain View Post
Stalls come and go, just keep pressing on.
Thank you. That is good advice!

So maybe it was the comfort of reaching out, or the fact that I slept for 10.5 hours last night (yeah! lol), but the scale shifted down! I'm hopeful it will continue to do so this coming week! I am focused on staying on plan and keeping my efforts going. Thank you for your kind words of support -- they help substantially.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #12  

I'm/it's stalling again.
This time, I have decided to keep going and sooner or later the weight will come off. I'm trying to give the numbers no-mind, and focus instead on what I can do. Maybe this is what liberation from the scale looks like?
Old 08-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Belovedspirit, you are amongst friends all (ok, most) of whom have gone through stalls of our own. You will get to the other side. It may be a little bumpy, but just realizing that you need to have some support is HUGE! It felt like reading my biography when you said that you normally do everything for yourself. My weight loss has been successful this time -- in large part -- because I finally admitted I needed help and came to this group. So, feel the support. Know that the stall will eventually go away. And realize and accept that you may even see a pound or two bump during this time. Just stick with it......you will get there!
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #14  

Height: 5'2"

I'm sending love and hope your way! If you keep doing the right things, then eventually it has to come off!

FWIW, I always stall out or even go back up by a couple of pounds right before a big whoosh.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #15  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post
I'm/it's stalling again.
This time, I have decided to keep going and sooner or later the weight will come off. I'm trying to give the numbers no-mind, and focus instead on what I can do. Maybe this is what liberation from the scale looks like?
Yep, that's what it looks like, alright. It looks a lot like maintenance, too. You have to keep on keeping on, even though the scale is no longer moving. Just consider this time as practice! Hang in there!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote