Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 8/12/3013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #2  
sugar is the devil

Today I will be officially starting IP

Loaded up my fridge with tons of veggies yesterday after a Costco trip. I'm actually excited to be starting a diet! Who woulda thunk it. I think I'm ready this time to finally lose the weight. I just went on a 3 week vacation and I had so many set backs due to my weight (not being able to walk after a couple of hours due to ankle pain/swelling, skipping out on some excursions because I needed a break). Finally had the "shock" that I was needing to kick start getting rid of these 100 extra lbs.

I'm coming off of nights so I won't have breakfast til ~2pm but I already pre-planned every meal for the next week. I'm planning to succeed
Old 08-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #3  

Welcome to the neighborhood, Sweet! We all come to this place in our own time and when we are ready, so congratulations for takinf the first step of your journey. As you will come to learn, food is not our problem, it is the symptom of our problem. Focus on the positive, in other words, banish thinking about what you cannot have and rejoice in learning about what you can. You will have bumps in the road, but pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again (as the old song goes).

When you need help we are here to advise - and sometimes use some tough love. But thats what supporting communities do. You may feel pretty crummy the first few days, but use your salt water. And drink lots of water and it will pass.

Looking forward to travelling the road with you.
Georgia
Old 08-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post

Loaded up my fridge with tons of veggies yesterday after a Costco trip. I'm actually excited to be starting a diet! Who woulda thunk it. I think I'm ready this time to finally lose the weight. I just went on a 3 week vacation and I had so many set backs due to my weight (not being able to walk after a couple of hours due to ankle pain/swelling, skipping out on some excursions because I needed a break). Finally had the "shock" that I was needing to kick start getting rid of these 100 extra lbs.

I'm coming off of nights so I won't have breakfast til ~2pm but I already pre-planned every meal for the next week. I'm planning to succeed
Welcome...and best wishes! Here you will find support for adjusting to the protocol. Most of us don't or are not looking for ways around the plan...just support to stay with it for the long haul! Your shift may present some initial challenges that many of our members have dealt with and their way of meeting the dictates of staying on course will be invaluable to you. Read-read-read! There is so much information and experience! You will be in the thick of it in no time...and as you are excited... you will actually enjoy the process ! I have been on board for about 6 months now...and see that you are another vertically challenged person! We shorties do have our very own issues when it comes to any diet and what and how long it takes to reach normal and healthy weight and BMI stats!

We welcome you on your journey...you seem to be ready!!!

Last edited by 65X65; 08-12-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #5  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Welcome Sweet congrats on taking the first step, this place is a wonderful resource.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #6  

Dittos on the short stuff! I am 5'1 and find that the BMI charts are not realistic for me. Both of my doctors agree that it is too low - eberyone needs a cardiologist who tells them not to lose down to your healthy BMI!
That is not advise for anyone, just my experience - we all need to find the sweet spot for ourselves. One of thebeauties of this program is that it allows us to choose how much ro lose. I did WW five years ago and did lose down to my dictatated weight, but it was torture getting there and I really felt that I did not look healthy.

Enjoy! Happy day?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaBlssom View Post
Dittos on the short stuff! I am 5'1 and find that the BMI charts are not realistic for me. Both of my doctors agree that it is too low - eberyone needs a cardiologist who tells them not to lose down to your healthy BMI!
That is not advise for anyone, just my experience - we all need to find the sweet spot for ourselves. One of thebeauties of this program is that it allows us to choose how much ro lose. I did WW five years ago and did lose down to my dictatated weight, but it was torture getting there and I really felt that I did not look healthy.

Enjoy! Happy day?
Good advice...trust your Dr on what is good for you...
Old 08-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone. It's been quite a while since I've posted here. Just wanted to give you all an update. After about 2 1/2 months I had to stop going to my 'coach' and buying the product. I needed a newer vehicle and could no longer afford the packets. I opted to go to WW. I'm now 12 pounds from reaching my goal. I realize it's not the quick weightless you get from IP...but what it does do is teach you the right eating habits. I hated not being able to eat fruit on IP. I feel great! I wish each and every one of you much success. If IP hadn't cost so much, I probably would have stayed on it. But between supplements (that I purchased elsewhere) and the packets....$100.00 a week was too much. Hope you all don't mind if I stop in from time to time.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning, everyone!

I always love the beginning of a brand new week and a new chance to make it the best week ever! I made it out of the 190's this morning and I am very pleased about that! I hope I don't spend too long revisiting the 180's either! I know that this is not a race but I am so motivated by the quick changes!

SweetScrumptious: Congratulations on taking the first step! If you can ride out these first few days, you are going to feel so fabulous soon!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-12-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post

Good luck with it Sweet! It is not all that hard once you are mentally ready
Sounds like you are ahead of the game planning wise!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #11  
IP Start Date 7/25/13

S/C/G: 193/185/136

Height: 5'6"

Welp, after spending 2 days in bed with severe hip pain, and only really drinking shakes during the day due to lack of appetite, I woke up this morning starving and shaky and weak feeling... and I ate a bowl of oatmeal. Now I feel sick about it and wish I hadn't done it. Sigh. Gonna try to get in with the doc today so I can feel better. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone.

I hope everyone else is stating strong. Thanks for the ear. I needed to "confess".
Old 08-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #12  

I just shared this on another thread but thought I'd share here too.

Since my planned return to P1, the restricteds are causing mighty cravings for me. Those of you who know me know I'm soy-free, gluten-free, and phasing off Splenda (sucralose) so I've only been having the stevia-sweetened Quest Bars.

Anyway, until they stop causing me cravings, I'm going non-restricted for a bit. Yes, it might be a tad harder and a tad more inconvenient but I have news for these cravings:

I am in charge. Not the food.
No feeding the craving monster!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #13  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Sweet: good luck to you! Welcome to the most supportive place for IP.

65: ditto to everything you said. I could not have said it better.

Lisa: i have often thought it will be so hard to give up my daily restricted snack. It is always something sweet and i look forward to it all day. I have planned to eliminate it if I hit a plateau, and luckily haven't yet. I appreciate when you post these things as well, because it gives me insight into things that may cause my cravings.

Poptartin: so sorry for your pain. I had some major surgery in March and still have some persistent pain. I hope you get the pain under control. It can cause depression by dealing with that type of constant pain. Good luck at the Dr.

Susie Bee: congrats on hitting the 180's! Another big step to goal! WTG!

Charbarot: i know what you mean about the cost. You need to do what is best for you. I found that switching to alternatives worked best for me, and have been pleased with variety and continued losses. I hope the best for you.

I am down another pound as of this morning to 147! 38 lbs lost since May 13th! I am making such yummy dinners I always feel like I am cheating. Lol. Then I am surprised every day that I haven't gained weight. I wonder if others feel like this. I have this weird fear that I am going to suddenly gain all the weight back.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post

I am down another pound as of this morning to 147! 38 lbs lost since May 13th! I am making such yummy dinners I always feel like I am cheating. Lol. Then I am surprised every day that I haven't gained weight. I wonder if others feel like this. I have this weird fear that I am going to suddenly gain all the weight back.
Congrats on your progress!
Yes I felt like that last night when I had a homemade burger patty and rutabaga fries! (made a garlic aoli with the wf mayo) and panicked this morning with my old mindset (eat bad and deprive the next day) - lucky I dont have to!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Hi All!

Back again, I figure I'll keep checking in and keeping myself OP. Had a great OP weekend, though a bit of a tiff with DH on Saturday due to us both being hungry and me feeling a bit off. But got it all back on line, and didn't go off plan at all. We tried Big Mac in a Bowl last night, and it was sooo good!!! I really enjoyed it, DH wished there were cheese. And I managed to not agree twice this weekend when he suggested we go out or order out. I just gave him looks like "Are you CRAZY?!?!?" I also snuck onto the scale and found myself down about 6lbs!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for our more "official" weigh-in on Thursday!

Sweet: Welcome! I'm a total newbie here, but from all the reading and lurking I did before taking the leap, I can tell you, these guys know what they're talking about. And the support is incredible!! Best of luck to you! I know you can do it!
Closed Thread