Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 AM   #1  

Default Intro-Hope this community becomes more active.

I'm super motivated. I lurk here and there, and this community doesn't seem as active as it used to be, but now this weight loss is personal.

I'm pretty okay with the way I look, I have a wonderful husband who just loves me for the way I am. He doesn't care if I'm a little fat, if anything he prefers it I think. But this past year has been hard. We decided to try to get pregnant last September ( I'm the same weight I was then) I wasn't on the pill, we pulled the goalie, I'm 22, should be easy right? Was even 21 at the time.

After 5 months, I became pregnant and it was a chemical pregnancy. Gone after 3 days. Enter June, I became pregnant after a vacation, this past two weeks, I've suffered a miscarriage and lost the baby at 7 weeks. We're broken up about it, and just don't want to focus on a baby anytime soon.

It brought me to the realization that it just may be my body that is the problem. Silly because I know women much bigger than me who have gotten pregnant but that is them and I am me. Some reason that doesn't seem to be working with me. And honestly I want to be really healthy when I put my body through that.

So now it's personal. A year and two miscarriages later, I'm so ready to take charge of my body. It's not longer a race. I don't care how long it takes because I don't plan on becoming pregnant again for at least a few years. I'm going back to graduate school and making some changes.

Biggest challenges:
I'm so out of shape. I did some basic strength builders I found on pinterest today, it killed me.

My husband is in very good shape, he's in the Army, and he just doesn't gain weight. He also refuses vegetables, won't eat them. So I'm cooking healthy for me it seems. :/ Maybe he'll come around but he's not too willing right now. That's his choice to make anyways.

My schedule. I have to leave to work at 6:40 and don't get home till after 5 because I have to wait for DH. I'm also starting graduate school, so I know that's going to take a big huge chunk of my time, but I really need to do it. I also really need to get healthy. I think I just need to really commit to an hour a day and see it as destressing rather than working out.

Things that will help me,
Because my husband is in the Army I have access to free medical care. I'm going to make an appointment with the nutritionist at the hospital here on post and try to educate myself more.

I have a lot of friends who are working on their bodies too. My best friend and I want to commit to train for the Disney half princess marathon together. Ambitous it is, but we're training for 2015, so that's further out.

I'm attacking this with personal ambitions to help me get through some things. I just can't lose sight of the mission, as my husband puts it.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #2  
Underdog to Beastmode

S/C/G: 231/192.8/125

Height: 5'3"

I know you can do it girly! We're all here for you.
namaste984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/283/150

Height: 5'5

Hi Golden Girl!

I am in a similar place/mindset to you : I'm thinking about having kids in 2015 (or so) and know I can't do it with my current body. I'm a graduate student. I work, am married (to the same kind of guy!)

We could definitely help & motivate each other!
TheTragicJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/226.4/150

Height: 5'3.75"

Welcome! It sounds like you have an excellent plan of attack in order to achieve your goals so far. I am sure you will be able to achieve them! It is nice seeing new people starting to post here, as having an active community keeps us all energized.
Davikatl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #5  

Thanks everyone, feel free to email me too at [email protected]. I know it's bad because that's my name out on the internet, but I really don't care, it's just a health forum.
goldengirlamy is offline   Reply With Quote