Old 08-05-2013, 02:28 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team Spring Into Action Chat Thread Week 12 (08/05/13 - 08/11/13)

Just saying hope you all did good today I took another freebie. I did lose 5.4lbs this week
but it wouldn't show that way as I gained 10lbs in 12 days before

Anyway hope by next week I've lost the other 5 so I can post otherwise I have to put my gain against the team as I will be out of freebies.

Well it's after midnight here so just going to say goodnight for now.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Blue Team:

Total Lost: 12.6 lbs (-0.65%)

Blue Team Biggest Loser: Kayin (-5.2 lbs, -2.78%)

Honorable Mentions:

2muchbelly (-3.0 lbs, -1.38%)
LeslieB (-3.0 lbs, -1.18%)
jessicado22 (-2.0 lbs, -1.08%)

Congratulations to all the week 11 losers ! Here's to a great week 12 !
Old 08-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #3  

CONGRATULATIONS to Kayin, 2muchbelly, Leslie, and Jessica. Awesome job ladies.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: tickers

Height: 5'9

thanks. congrats all!

everytime I get on a scale.. i get off and get back on 23423 times. b/c I honestly can't believe I've lost this much weight. In february i was 276. so being 214 today.. is like huh? who me? are you sure? Mr. scale are you broken? whats going on!!! lol
Old 08-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Height: 5'3"

Bigmid: Congrats on the big loss this week!

2muchbelly: Awesome! You've done really well! I do that too, get on and off the scale and try on my really old smaller clothes, and my too big clothes too!

Having a pretty good week so far, ate lots on my birthday (Sunday) after weigh in so still trying to get that weight off! I'm on Atkins and ate lots of carbs, but it was a special day and now I'm back on track!

Last edited by kayin; 08-06-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies!

Congrats Kayin!!! And happy late Birthday

2muchbelly -- I'm there with you. I always weigh myself more than once. What was really hard is when I hit the 100s....I still put a 2 in front of my number. I was talking to the hubby the other day about me weighing 283 and he starting laughing. What is crazy is that there used to be a 3 in front of my number. Amazing how far we've come!

Bigmid--well over 5 pounds in a week is still super impressive! At least you didn't gain 10 pounds and stay there! Here's hoping those last 5 fly by too

As for me, sorry I was pretty much missing in action last week. I've just been so tired since the baby quit sleeping at night. She is now finally at least sleeping for 2-3 hour stretches, so I am starting to have a little more energy. Not great, but better than the every hour wake ups! Can't wait for her to return to her old normal schedule of 7-8 hours at a time. Seriously, I haven't slept a full night through now in 9 months, sigh. It will be soooooo wonderful, ha ha.

So anyways, between lack of sleep and just trying to catch up with everything else, I've been kinda MIA. I did want to say thanks last week for all the kind words about my loss I loved when Dumpling said I was a lady on fire, ha ha. Made my day. It is crazy that in April I weight 250 when I restarted and now I can almost see the 170s. I never imagined the 170s before. 199 and a size 14 has always been my goal. In fact, my passwords used to be about skinny jeans being a size 14. It was such a far away goal. And now I am in misses size 12s and almost 20 pounds below my original goal. I can't keep up, ha ha.

My 15 year high school reunion is in 3 weeks, and I would love to be in the 170s. I went through most of high school being a size 12 (of course back then everything was firm and I didn't really care that I was curvy as it was in the right places, now I am a size 12 and things def don't look the same ha, ha). Then the summer before my senior year I gained about 100 pounds and graduated at a size 18 or maybe larger. I have pretty much stayed a size 18/20 since then. Sometimes going up to 22 or even 24, and once in awhile losing weight and going down a little. Anyways, whole point being is that is going to be so nice to go back to my reunion smaller. I actually skipped our 10 year reunion because I was so embarrassed of my size. Thinking back over the years -- I have skipped a LOT of things because I have been embarrassed of my size. Not taking my kid to the pool. I actually didn't go to a classmates funeral last year when I was 270 as I couldn't bear to see people. And then I felt extra horrible for not going. Avoiding going on hikes with people because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up. I hated summer and loved winter because I could cover up fat rolls with hoodies. It is so much different for me now as I don't avoid going places. I'm no longer embarrassed.

Not sure where that really long post came from, sorry. I just started typing and going off, lol. I guess it is just so hard for my mind to catch up like 2muchbelly said. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner! Life is so much better now!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #7  

thanks guys!

Happy belated birthday Kay

aww Jessica you are going to knock them dead at the reunion! yay for you.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #8  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Hello Blue Team faithfuls! I too am sorry to have been MIA - my UTI is back and my brother is deathly ill so I've been pretty distracted. I think I saw 198 this morning (-1 lb) which may mean I've broken this plateau

I still can't seem to get myself motivated to move. The UTI makes me tired all the time and movement is painful in some ways. Before all these stresses came on, I was moving in a new and exciting direction for me - I ordered and have received several DVDs on exotic dance and cardio striptease. I'm anxious to get started, but don't feel up to it right now, but soon . . . I'll be working towards being a REAL "hot mama"!

2 much - I too get on and off the scale a lot. At least now I know what time of day I weigh more, but good grief, I'm so tired of seeing 199!!! I'm like you, 62 lbs in just 7 months! Yup, our scales are right and we are doin' good.

Kayin - glad you enjoyed your birthday - like Jacky has said, this is a lifetime program, we aren't robots. You'll be back on track, probably by now even! A great birthday gift too being the BL for the week!!! Congrats.

Jessica - You ARE on fire, very inspirational for sure and you're going to rock that reunion. Like you, I wonder why I didn't do this sooner, but I'm much older than you, so for me, it's almost like a life wasted. As a nurse I have one concern for you. Perhaps your milk is not as rich as your baby needs with your current weight loss and maybe that's why she isn't sleeping through the night? Baby looks healthy, but at your expense of getting up every 2-3 hours to feed her. I don't know all the particulars, but thought if it might help you get some sleep and baby increased nutrition, it wouldn't hurt to try.

Well, I'll keep you all posted . . . where's Tammy?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #9  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Where is everybody?

I have something interesting and encouraging to share. I don't know if you guys are anything like me, but when I have a problem I search the internet to find answers. That was the case with this UTI. I found this homeopathic remedy, a method to get rid of UTIs forever. Sounds too good to be true, right? Well let me tell you, it worked!!! The day I did the program, I quit taking the pain reliever (pyridium/AZO) and never needed it. I got the antibiotics from the pharmacy, but still have not taken them and feel just fine a full day later.

It's like a detox for your bladder, you have to drink or take something every hour for 12 hours, and quite honestly, the broth is really quite good and I plan to make more of it just to have!? Here's the site in case any of you or your family have UTIs.

Also looks like 198 is staying . . . still cautious though. Hope everyone's doing well.

Last edited by Doragone; 08-10-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #10  

yay Dora.
I'm all for natural remedies.

would you believe that I'm the daughter/grandaughter/neice/cousins

of all doctors. lol

I can't wait to get to ONEderland like you!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Oh Dora, that is so wonderful!!! I too am all for natural remedies. That is so great that you're out of pain and off medications! Heck, the medications might be one of the reasons you were plateauing?

As for your thoughts on my milk...I'm not sure! I make sure I still get fats in diet (I don't do skim anything). We've started her on food a few months ago, but she is not really a fan, and only eats once or twice a day. She would just rather nurse, lol. She is getting better though, because when we first started, she could only lick at a bite or two. She still has plenty of wet diapers and BM movements, and is a big baby so she seems to be growing well. I think the culprit might actually be new teeth. I noticed yesterday we finally have the two uppers breaking the surface. I'm hoping that is it at least! She does seem satisfied after nursing, but I will pay more attention. I would never put losing weight in front of her health

As for me, I weighed in at 179.4 today!!! I cannot believe it! I can also fit into my new pair of goal pants. Calvin Klein 12x30. That's misses sizing ladies! I've been fitting into other size 12s for a bit, but those were my true I made it officially ones, lol. So feeling pretty darn good today, lol. When I entered my weight in the thread today I realized I've lost 46 pounds in this challenge alone. 70 pounds since I re-started in April (4 months), and 130 pounds total. I am thinking of lowering my goal now to 155...that way I will have lost half of my weight!!!