Old 08-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Been off the scale for months...

I have been staying off the scale since school let out in early June. My weight loss this year has been sooo slow when it happens at all, and I just wanted to give myself time to work on following my eating plan and increasing activity before getting on the scale again. I had been very inactive for over a year due to foot pain but that was resolved in June, so I can walk a lot more and just be more active in general. Anyway, I feel really good, but don't feel any thinner or lighter. I am wearing the same pants and shirts sizes as I was two months ago and see zero difference in the mirror.

Since January I was losing 2 or 3 pounds per month which is awfully slow going. If that trend has continued I would guess I am down 4-6 pounds from the start of summer. That is kind of maddening to me... If I was not trying, I think I'd be over 300 pounds by now. Seriously. And actually, over the summer I changed plans a bit and am eating a little MORE than I was before (more veggies and lean protein and a fruit serving) so now I wonder, did I gain? Have I lost any weight at all?

Anyway, I just wanted to get my thoughts out. Some of you "know" me and I have posted here for lots of years, so I do like to read and check in when I can. I made a commitment to get back on the scale by Sept 1 because I do need to know how my plan is working. But right now, I think if I get on that scale and lost little to no weight it would just be too discouraging.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

*hugs* even if you gained It couldn't be by much if your clothes are still fitting. And it isn't the end of the world, you will still be down from your high weight by quite a bit.

Try to feel proud that, while you added more calories, they were all healthy calories. Not junk. I fell off the wagon from oct-july, regained 50lbs because I was eating junk. All you can do is accept it a move on as best you can.

Good luck!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Thanks guys

It's been a couple weeks since I posted. My foot pain came back I got more shots but am still hurting right now. Taking some meds this morning, icing my feet, hoping for the best. I feel READY to recommit in a more active way now. I am thankful for a summer on a different Medifast plan with more "real food" and less packaged meals... I think it has helped me reset myself a bit, even if it is just emotionally. I feel stronger.

I do think I have lost some weight, since my pants are finally feeling looser out of the dryer. We'll see. Weigh in in just one week and I will update my ticker and KEEP it updated!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote