Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

Default NSV + a Scale victory !

It's been 14 months, 2 weeks and 4 days and I'm now very close to onederland. 65lbs gone, 4 shirt sizes, 3 jean sizes... and no loss of chest size in sight. lol.

HALF WAY THERE !!
I also reached a huge milestone today and before i divulge into what that milestone is, i'll explain a little.

The last 5 years i've been plus sized and I have had jeans range from 16 to 20(i recently found a pair of capris i forgot i had and they were a size 20, i previously thought my highest jeans were an 18). So the last year, clothes have been getting more loose, i still kept thinking, until today, that i will always be a plus sized gal. I also hate to shop, and have hated shopping for clothes for myself for the last few years because i could never find anything i really loved that fit, especially because i could only shop a very few select shops(like.. two lol). So when i hit the half way mark last week, i had decided to treat myself to a new outfit to really show off the hard work i've put in.

I dreaded shopping today, especially because i couldn't find anyone to go with me. I spent 3 hours, went to nearly every female apparel shop and came out with two new pairs of jeans and a new shirt. I had found out that a few of those shops don't carry jeans larger then a size 14, and one of the employee's was actually pretty rude about that question and then i had a wonderful employee at another shop who looked with me for a good 20-25 minutes or so to see if they had any jeans in my size left(that were on sale... i'm not spending $100 on one pair of jeans i wont be able to wear in 6 months), and we chatted and i spoke about how i've lost so much weight and wanted something nice to wear. He was fantastic, and as i left, he said he looked forward to the next time i was in, to see the next stage of progress, as a thinner moi lol.

anyways, i went to the last shop and found regular sized jeans, in my size, and they fit amazingly ! I also found a great shirt at one of my favorite shops in the regular section, at a size of just XL. I didn't think i'd fit into it, especially because of a large chest, but it did !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NEW OUTFITSCALED.jpg (17.0 KB, 51 views)
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Super congrats!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 298/195/160

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry such a tough time shopping, but it sure looks like it was worth it! Keep it up, you are doing great!
Hopegrowsagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #4  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Looking good! I haven't had anyone be nice to me in a shop in a long time... I hope that nice young man is still there when you go back and you can give him an eyeful and purchase even smaller jeans!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #5  

He and another two girls at two different stores were the only ones who were really nice. There were quite a few others who were not to nice, even though i know i've lost a large chunk of weight those are the types of people who make me hate shopping because i'm not some size 2 chick. Oh like American Eagle, they don't carry any sizes larger then a 14 jean in store, and the guy was all like "oh, but you can buy larger sizes online"... Um, i don't buy clothes online, i don't buy clothes without trying them on before hand because i like to see how they look before dishing out money for them. The guy was a total tool in the way he acted towards me. It was like he made me feel that i really shouldn't have even gone into that store in the first place. ugh what a jerk !
Old 08-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/196/163

Height: 5'8

Congratulations on the NSV and Scale Victory! I always hate going shopping for new clothes, but as I get closer and closer to my goal weight, I actually get really excited when I have to go buy new clothes because my old ones don't fit Keep up the amazing work, it won't be long and you'll have to buy an entirely new wardrobe!
madelinerose94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #7  

haha yeah, i've gotten a little more excited about shopping for clothes since i'm back into regular sized clothing, which means a bit more options(depending on shirt material and such because my chest size has stayed the same lol). AHH new wardrobe !! I can't wait!!

Were moving into the city in 3 weeks and i'm so excited. Especially because i'm going to be like 10 times more active then i am now because i'll be walking to and from work half the time and the rest of the time my son and I will still be pretty active, so I have some new goals that i'm working towards. I'm halfway to goal, so in the next 4 months and 3 weeks, I want to lose 32.5 or more lbs, which is half of what i have left to lose. I'm also going to be working towards getting to end goal by my journey start date, which was April 1st 2012. Also by that date I want to have gone back in for another consultation for a breast reduction and have the actual day of surgery made and marked on my calendar(especially because i'll be off work for two weeks and need to have that sorted out with my boss ahead of time).
Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #8  
Gizmo

MizMelis you look fabulous! Most of us can relate to how hard it is to go into shops and hope to find something in our size. Good for you to stick with it, despite some rude sales people.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #9  

Thanks !!!

I had another NSV today(X2 actually lol). 2 shirts i haven't been able to wear in 4+ years and I was able to fit into them today. One was a black form fitting shirt that is still fairly tight(but is a size L) and a plaid shirt that once belonged to an ex and i kept it since it looked much better on me then it did on him. lol Pretty sure he agreed with that assessment since he never asked for it back lol.

these are the little things that keep me going.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1plaidshirt.jpg (19.2 KB, 4 views)