Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat 8/10 - Sun 8/11/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Lisa, I'm glad to see you here later. I hoped you slept in! I am a terrible sleeper and up early no matter what. I'm just here reading, searching, learning. I think I might go see if jicama is at S&S today. I want to make Rainbows Leek a Mole too.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #3  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Lisa and Sonolady! I am off to make a crispy cereal pancake (I tried it before adn I wasn't a huge fan, but my tastes have changed so much since I started I figured I would try once more). Lots of PTA prep for school and cleaning my kids' rooms before they get back next weekend.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #4  

Good morning Lauran, it must be tough to have summers off and go back to work. I work in a hospital so I get to just schedule my vacations. My hubby and I went away for 3 weeks this past Feb and March, it was wonderful. I am going again next year and already worrying about foods. I should be off IP by then but there is no healthy eating really for a vegetarian in ST Croix, tossed salads is it, no real protein foods.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #5  

Sonolady
Try the asparagus mockamole!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #6  

Lisa, will do. I am missing my raw veggies and guacamole. Is the asparagus one close to the real thing? I will search now for that recipe. I am going to try the Red Pepper Focaccia bread sticks. mmmm sounds good
Old 08-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #7  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Sonolady - I am not a teacher, lol. Just on the PTA. And my kids are at their mom's house (my husband's ex-wife) for the summer. But I agree... going back to work after a whole summer off would be torture, but getting that summer off would be sweet!

I made the mockamole with asparagus and served it to a friend, who was also eating the "real" guacamole I had put out. She said she had no idea it wasn't guacamole. I added lots of spices (cumin, chili, hot sauce, some raw onions, garlic) and I can sort of tell the difference if I just taste it out of the mixer bowl, I can't taste the difference if I use it to top recipes. So yummy!
I told my friend that on Phase 4 I will likely make 1/2 guac, 1/2 asparagus as it has a great color and cuts the fat a LOT.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #8  

I like the focaccia bread with Italian seasoning, too! One of my favs.

I haven't tried the leekamole. I'd think it would be "oniony". Here is the mockamole recipe. Reminder to all: we have FOUR recipe threads (b/c we're on volume 4). Links are in the first sticky post. Only a few recipe threads are in the first daily post.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4627334-post510.html
Old 08-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #9  

Lisa, thanks I had found it. I have trouble with the thread search, so I do a google search and I find the one on the 3fatchick site....it works for me. lol.

I am going to try the cauliflower hummus too.

Question... I started at the gym this week, just doing some strength training, using machines, light weights. I've been doing the bad thing of checking the scale daily and the numbers have stalled..lol... not funny but , I do have my snack usually a protein shake and hour before. I have OP dinner when I get home. I am not doing cardio and its about 45 minutes to do the circuit of machines. Might I need to add a bit more protein or should I be ok? My muscles are hurting where I didnt know I had muscles, just out of shape. My coach said just go light with weights that muscles on IP have no stored glycogen, (I think is what she said). She said nothing of adding a packet. Should I just see how it goes for a week or so?
Old 08-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Question... I started at the gym this week, just doing some strength training, using machines, light weights. I've been doing the bad thing of checking the scale daily and the numbers have stalled..lol... not funny but , I do have my snack usually a protein shake and hour before. I have OP dinner when I get home. I am not doing cardio and its about 45 minutes to do the circuit of machines. Might I need to add a bit more protein or should I be ok? My muscles are hurting where I didnt know I had muscles, just out of shape. My coach said just go light with weights that muscles on IP have no stored glycogen, (I think is what she said). She said nothing of adding a packet. Should I just see how it goes for a week or so?
The consensus here from many coaches is have an extra unrestricted packet (or an egg) after exercise. I'm sure you've read enough previous threads to know that adding exercise does not increase weight loss and could slow or stall it. This is temporary. You're actually asking your body to focus on more than the weight loss when you add exercise. Now it needs to deal with inflammation & muscle repair. Also make sure you add some salt to your water.

I started SUPER slow with just adding gentle yoga. Gradually added more strength training but mostly for PT to rehab a chronic back condition. I keep telling my PT my goal is to get back to the gym. I've never been a runner but I get a similar endorphin rush from spinning class. I'm looking into buying a bike sometime soon, too.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #11  

Lisa, thanks I guess I knew that I might add an egg or so. I have ignored this body for so many years I am now excited to get it back into shape. I thought by adding protein it might not stall the weight loss, I was not looking to really increase it by exercising, hence the no cardio. Although it would be great to lose quickly but the weight didnt go on quick so why should it leave quick. I guess on the gym days I'll add bit more protein and see how it goes for a few weeks.

Off to find the flowers amongst the weeds before it gets to hot, clean the house and chill by the pool. Have a great day!!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #12  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
I made the mockamole with asparagus and served it to a friend, who was also eating the "real" guacamole I had put out. She said she had no idea it wasn't guacamole. I added lots of spices (cumin, chili, hot sauce, some raw onions, garlic) and I can sort of tell the difference if I just taste it out of the mixer bowl, I can't taste the difference if I use it to top recipes. So yummy!
I told my friend that on Phase 4 I will likely make 1/2 guac, 1/2 asparagus as it has a great color and cuts the fat a LOT.
What a great idea I will have to try that! I am starting a notebook of ideas for maintenance.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Hi sonolady- Congratulations and welcome the beginning of adding exercise to your life.. !! A habit for success. And necessary if you expect to maintain!

Lisa says she began due to the need for PT... I decided since I am OLD-er...it was important for both toning and because I have arthritis that definitely needs to be arrested/ reversed if I want to enjoy my thinner self. Recently started an occasional pilates class but am signed up for yoga at the local university beginning after Labor Day because the pilates has been offered erratically at my exercise location.
Like you and Lisa .. I started slow. Did 3 days a week of light weight circuit training. Added 3 other days of stationary bike after about 6 wks. But the IP person I see suggested limit to about 30 min and was told NOT increase duration or intensity until I reach goal. That was difficult.. But I've behaved! No extra food was recommended for me... I believe my vertical challenge of being under 5' probably has something to do with that. on occasion I have had an egg white before lunch if I feel hungry. My weight loss has slowed, but since I'm in the last 1/4-1/3 of the losing phase, getting the routine added to my life was important along with the ability and value of moving more easily with improved balance and flexibility. It is a fact of life and although some may take the advice to not exercise initially as a pass ... If the mindset esp. to incorporate activity along with eating habits are not adjusted maintenance will not happen, BEST WISHES TO YOU...enjoy the rest of your "ride" and be good to yourself.. !

No need to train for the Olympics. Just get in the habit and allocate time for exercise now so you don't struggle with it later.

Last edited by 65X65; 08-10-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. First day of a weeklong vacation. Planning some camping, relaxing and enjoying the lake and the beautiful summer days! So much easier to enjoy having lost 50+ lbs. So much easier to get in and out of boats, swim, know that all my clothes fit (or are too big!). Plan on being 100% OP and enjoying a fantastic week!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Happy Weekend!

Silly NSV but I'm sure some can relate.

Made mug cake for breakfast and somehow messed it up big time (bye-bye $4). I was annoyed at myself and hungry and for a nano-second said "I'll have a bar instead." Then I thought about it, remembered I really wanted to save my restricted for the movies tonight and got out another packet and re-made it.

Realized choices like that contributed to my need to be on IP in the first place!
Closed Thread