Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 07:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again ..... #435

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

In case anyone missed this on the end of the last thread:

Quote:
Hello everyone. This is not 2cute ... but rather her daughter. I feel like I know some of you from my mom sharing stories. Nothing private like... just cute stories.

Anyway... I am here because my mom asked me to tell all of you that her mom has passed away and she will be gone for a while longer. The funeral will probably be Wed.
She (mom) is doing fine but knew that all of you would be wondering how both she and her mom were. She did not want anyone to worry.

Well.. that is it. I hope all of you have a nice day.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:48 AM   #3  
a work in progress...

Default pulling this over from the last thread, cuz it's too good to miss!

Sara I am so excited to see your post I am sitting here naked typing!

WELCOME back and PLEASE don't leave us again.

Happy Monday, and my wish for this new week is that at the end of it - we are all losers!!!

Later, gotta get ready for work!

Old 11-03-2003, 07:49 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

2Cute Hugs to you and your family

Yesterday was DH birthday he was 60 I bought him 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants, 2 tee shirts and gave hime the money to get a new radio for his truck. I made him what he wanted for dinner
Oriental Pork Loin, Rice a Roni, steamed cabbage. I didn't make a cake instead I bought a carrot cake. Then I gave him a private gift

I have been off since Thursday and am not really ready to go back to work. I am gonig to be off on Thursday this week instead of Fri. I am planning on going to Mistletoe Marketplace. It is a huge christmas show they have here every year.

Well I better run and get a bath and eat breakfast. I will try to stay OP today but it is so hard.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:57 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Dearest 2cute and family...So sorry to hear of your loss. You are in our hearts and in our prayers...I know I speak for all. {{{hugs}}}

SARA! I was so psyched to see your little flower avatar once again! You have been missed...welcome back!

I have more to say, but have to roust the boy out of bed for school.

later...
Old 11-03-2003, 09:36 AM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!

I am trying to approach this day with a great attitude, but the cramps are really getting in the way! I did manage to get my butt out of bed and to the gym this morning. I worked out for about 30 minutes. Not great, but way better than not working out at all!!!

I have an appt. today with an endocrinologist. I made the appt. 6 months ago and am just now getting in today. Hopefully he's good and can help me out.

We decided not to buy the car we put the deposit down on Friday night - we just aren't ready to make a decision. I called the guy this morning and told him I'd be stopping by later to get my $ - boy was he not happy with me. I hate the whole car buying process and dealing with some of the real pain in the butt salesman! (hoping not to offend anyone that may be in the business)

2cute & family --- My deepest sympathies on your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sara --- OMG, I am so happy to see you posting. I think of you often and wonder how you are doing. I hope you will be joining us more often. You know we are here for you through the losses and gains, no matter what. Please don't leave us again for so long!

Kat - Thanks for the visual this morning! Or was is Lucky giving us the visual?? I was a little confused looking at your posts!

Mary - Sounds like you enjoyed your DH's b-day as well! Good for you!

Michelle --- Good job on the tests!!! Keep up the good work!

I know that's not everyone, but I've got to get some work done! I'll talk to you all later on!

Barb
Old 11-03-2003, 09:48 AM   #7  
a work in progress...

Hey, I'm back...I just read a wonderful piece in the Skinny Daily Post thread. Titled, "How I Got Fat," and posted on 10/28, it is so insightful and full of hope and promise for us all...check it out...it's worth the read, as are all of her posts. I love what this woman has to say!

Okay. So, it's Monday. You know what that means. The day after Sunday! That's all. It's juat another day. HA! You thought I was going to say, "Time to start again!" Fooled ya!!!

We don't need to wait until Monday to "start again." Each and every minute of every day is new...so we can renew our efforts whenever we want/need to! Tha past is the past. Face the future. See yourself as you want to be and act as though you are.

Here's what I'm going to do today:
*Exercise. (ride the bike, 100 crunches)
*Pick up info at community college...going to register for winter semester. (local satellite school is not far off my bike route.)
*Make stir fry for dinner...
chicken/broccoli/carrots/onions/garlic/soy sauce
*Laundry...1 load washed, dried, folded. In addition to the loads currently sitting in my washer AND dryer.
*Make all dr/dentist appts that I have put off forever.
*File the stack of papers sitting in my kitchen for forever. (see a trend here?)
*Get pictures developed from Halloween. hee hee
*Polish my nails... done! priorities, baby!

No time for sleep. I'll do that tonight.

I'll be back later to check off what I've accomplished.

have a great, productive day everyone...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-03-2003 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:51 AM   #8  
a work in progress...

Barb...I brought Lucky's post over from the last thread...

or...... perhaps we are one and the same! Ever see us together in the same room at the same time?

Old 11-03-2003, 11:07 AM   #9  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

2cute, thank you for having your daughter post an update. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. *HUGS* I'm all teary here and can't think of better words.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:19 AM   #10  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Day 3 and all set for it to be OP! Meals are packed and waiting in my lunch box. So far this is being easier the second time around. I'm not having to fight myself quite so hard to eat 6 meals a day. Tells me something about how long I'd been starving my body that I couldn't give it the amount of food/nutrition it actually needs to function.

Kat, your Monday commentary made me smile. You are absolutely right! We don't have to wait for Monday to start over. Each new moment can be the right time to make the decision and just do it. I felt so desperate this last week that I knew I couldn't wait until Monday. And it isn't like the dieting gods have a Monday mandate either.

Barb, is this a nasty month for TOM or what?! I've been PMS'ing in the worst way and am currently relieved to see it actually starting, but there are always those wonderful cramps to look forward to... Good luck with the endocrinologist and the same goes for car shopping. I hate it with a passion!

Mary, can I come to your house for my next birthday dinner? Sounds like the two of you had fun. And Mistletoe Marketplace sounds like a blast!

Joanne, good to see you again! I'm sorry the sugar monster got to you. I had this image of a chicken or veggie monster attack, but I guess mine wouldn't be all healthy and roasted, it would be deep fried with some fattening dipping sauce!

I know there are tons more replies to be made, but I am totally out of time. Have to get paperwork turned in for a show before heading to job #1.

Andria
Old 11-03-2003, 02:20 PM   #11  
Progress..not perfection

Ok.... this won't be long because I'm in a cleaning frenzy today and I don't want to lose too much time sitting on my duff!

I just have to say though......

2cute: I am SO sorry to hear about your loss. It seems like you've had a hard time this year and I just want you to know I am always here for you and love you very very much. {{{hugs}}} I will keep you and your entire family in my prayers and thank your daughter for letting us know what's going on with you.

AND

SaraJoy: It's about damn time! Those that know me well, know I don't cuss much, but I'm pretty excited here so I felt an explative was necessary. It's about time you showed your pretty face back here and we don't care if you've gained some back. You don't have to be perfect for us, we love you just the way you are!

Alright guys.... that's all I have in me now, but I'll be back later!

Hugs!!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:28 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Amen Tina
Old 11-03-2003, 04:57 PM   #13  

Angry Ahh... Shucks!

Thanks for the warm welcome back all! It feels like coming home to be back here on 3FC with you lovely ladies!

First off...
2Cute: I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother. I know she had been ill for a long time but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier. You're in my thoughts...

Tina: Whooey! I made you cuss! I like stirring things up a bit!

Kat & Barb: Ahh... your posts made me smile! You guys are sweet!

Thin: Thank you for your concern and support! It means a lot to me.

SO... things have been a bit tricky over here. My life and relationships are hugely complex right now (I'm not going to get into everything right now). Suffice it to say, things have been chaotic... and I've been EATING.

The good news is THIS! I'm stopping misbehaving before my weight gets out of control again. I've probably gained back 20 pounds or so... which would probably put me at 155+ or so (I'm not getting on the scale right now). I'm gonna give my diet a few weeks and THEN get on the scale...

Still a far cry from the 270 pounds that I used to be... this is just a hiccup and all will be well! IT HAS to be... I'm the matron of honour in TWO weddings in the spring. (Well, one in February and one in April.) The second one is my sister Ruth's wedding and it's gonna be a DOUSY! She's marrying a Greek guy and she's having a big, fat, Greek wedding! AND... damn it... I have to look good in those dresses!!!

Must get dinner on! G'old salmon steaks and cucumber salad! Back on track baby!

-Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 11-03-2003 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:06 PM   #14  

Talking ONE MORE THING!

WHO'S UP FOR LOSING 20 POUNDS FOR CHRISTMAS??!!

I'm doing it! Who's with me?

-Sara
Old 11-03-2003, 07:15 PM   #15  
I'm on my way!

Sara good to have you back! I always wondered what ever happened to you! You were and still are such an inspiration to us! you are my hero!

2Cute...so sorry for you loss. I can't even imagine the pain! Just know you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Barb---actually I ended up getting a 95% in that one class. They must have graded it on a curve cause when I submitted the exam it came back as 86.6% I'll take the 95 though!! Next semester I am taking 3 classes....have to get in as many credits as I can while financial aid is paying for it...well most of it! I do have a couple of small student loans! I don't think I will qualify next year cause I make too darn much money...enough to support myself but not enough to pay for college...makes sense huh?

Mary we just do the best we can. We are not and never will be perfect with our food. As long as we are aware of what we are putting in our mouths I think it helps in the long run!

Tina cuss away cause you make me laugh when you do! I can just here that southern accent cussing!

So Kat...you're gonna go to school too? I love it. I am a professional student! It keeps my mind from turning to mush!

Hi Teri and Andria....I gotta run again...have to get the boy ready for bed and get clothes ready for the morning. It makes the mornings so much easier when everything is laid out and lunches are packed!

Catch you all later!

TTFN Michelle
Closed Thread