Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default I Will NOT Fail This Time!

I have started countless times to lose weight and I have never finished. I'll lose 10 to 20 lbs and then lose all motivation or find some excuse not to. It's so frustrating because I have so many reasons to but I still can't find the motivation. I feel like doing this for my son and so I can have another child should be enough but it's like nothing ever is and I feel so guilty for that. So I have come to a conclusion about myself. I am lazy and I am afraid of something being hard and of feeling pain and in all honesty hunger. I AM LAZY! That's the main part. Seriously I can rarely find the motivation to clean the kitchen and do the laundry let alone go to the gym. The worst part is it affects my son. Don't get me wrong I love my child to death but he deserves more and way better. He deserves a mommy to take him outside and play with him and not just watch him ride his bike once or twice a week. My husband deserves better as well. He deserves to have a wife who keeps the house clean and who puts dinner on the table. He deserves a better lover to. And lastly I deserve better. I deserve to know what it feels like to be thin and to have energy and to feel sexy because I have never been thin. But I am the only one that can control it. No one can make me change the way I eat or make me exercise but me. I am in control of my own life and I am the only one that can make myself start living it. For so long I have sat back and watched others lose weight or do things that I can only dream of. I am dying to do things like kayaking and hiking in the mountains or even learn to surf(dreamed of it since I was little). I'm only 25. I can do this and I can do those things still. I want to accomplish things and I don't mean things to make me famous or to receive any kind of recognition. I want to do things and accomplish them because I never have before because I am a lazy slob. Today it ends. Next August I WILL look back and be amazed at not only the weight I have lost but at the things I have accomplished. If you have gotten this far God bless you and thank you for listening. I needed somewhere to get this out and somewhere to be honest about myself.
LARWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249/~~~/149

Height: 5'6

Power to you sister! You can do this!
Amy Remixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252.8/250.4/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm older than you but am in a similar place to you weight-wise. All I can tell you is if the thought of overhauling your lifestyle seems overwhelming, do what I'm doing. Take baby steps by doing small things every day that will have long term benefits and move up from there. Things like; visit this board every day, eat more fruit and veg daily, take a multivitamin, drink more water. It's amazing how just doing easy things like this have given me motivation, energy and focus to start thinking about taking on bigger goals. Good luck!
jm474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/189/135

Height: 5'4

I could have written this. But you know what? I'm finding that as I lose weight, I'm getting less lazy- or at least it's easier to make myself get up and do what I need to do. YOU can do this!! It's completely possible and you'll feel so, so much better once you're on your way to being healthy!! I said to my husband this morning (after having an epic closet nothing-fits-me-meltdown), this is my LAST fat summer. I'm so, so done. Next August is going to be so much better! Just keep your eyes on the prize!
KGW2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #5  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I just wanted to say your not a lazy slob, Everyone's lazy once in a while
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189.6/189.6/110

Height: 5'4

I understand you LARWife , I've been fat almost my entire life and I started many times to lose weight but then I quit because I felt I would never reach my goal but if others can do it then we CAN.
Good luck with your weight loss and in your life.
MaryQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Aw huge hugs to you. I'm sure MANY here can relate. I know I can! I've tried to lose weight my entire life. Seriously, even as a teenager. I was always 200+ pounds. Finally, in my mid 20's, I did it. But then I gained weight after marriage, had a baby, etc.

It took me 8 more years of going off, on, off, on... to finally do it again. I've lost 35 pounds since January, and I'm finally doing it and still motivated just as much as I was day 1. One of those times it just CLICKS and you just DO it.

You CAN do this. Stick around here. You'll find the support and friendship you need to help you in your journey.

Also, I think a lot of people tend to become UNlazy as they go through the journey. I hated exercise before. Now I'm kinda digging it. And I want to move, because I see the results I get from doing so. And losing weight and eating better gave me more energy to even do so.

And about being hungry- once you get past the first few weeks, you really don't need to be. I say the first few weeks, because when you're dropping your cals by a LOT and changing your way of eating, you may be hungry. Once your body "gets it" you don't need to be. I have 1400-1500 cals a day and I'm VERY rarely hungry. I'm hungry when I should be- before a meal. If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm hungry between meals, I have my snacks (usually 2 a day). And as long as I eat a GOOD diet (filled with protein, high fiber, healthy) then it sticks with me.

Good luck. You got this.
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Remixed View Post
Power to you sister! You can do this!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm474 View Post
I'm older than you but am in a similar place to you weight-wise. All I can tell you is if the thought of overhauling your lifestyle seems overwhelming, do what I'm doing. Take baby steps by doing small things every day that will have long term benefits and move up from there. Things like; visit this board every day, eat more fruit and veg daily, take a multivitamin, drink more water. It's amazing how just doing easy things like this have given me motivation, energy and focus to start thinking about taking on bigger goals. Good luck!
Baby steps is exactly where I am starting. I cut out the sugary drinks and snacks and those evil carbs like bread and potatoes lol. It's really helping now that my husband is on board!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGW2005 View Post
I could have written this. But you know what? I'm finding that as I lose weight, I'm getting less lazy- or at least it's easier to make myself get up and do what I need to do. YOU can do this!! It's completely possible and you'll feel so, so much better once you're on your way to being healthy!! I said to my husband this morning (after having an epic closet nothing-fits-me-meltdown), this is my LAST fat summer. I'm so, so done. Next August is going to be so much better! Just keep your eyes on the prize!
I almost cried when I read this about it being your last fat summer! It just hit me that I could be...will be my thinnest ever of my adult life next summer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryQ View Post
I understand you LARWife , I've been fat almost my entire life and I started many times to lose weight but then I quit because I felt I would never reach my goal but if others can do it then we CAN.
Good luck with your weight loss and in your life.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika79 View Post
Aw huge hugs to you. I'm sure MANY here can relate. I know I can! I've tried to lose weight my entire life. Seriously, even as a teenager. I was always 200+ pounds. Finally, in my mid 20's, I did it. But then I gained weight after marriage, had a baby, etc.

It took me 8 more years of going off, on, off, on... to finally do it again. I've lost 35 pounds since January, and I'm finally doing it and still motivated just as much as I was day 1. One of those times it just CLICKS and you just DO it.

You CAN do this. Stick around here. You'll find the support and friendship you need to help you in your journey.

Also, I think a lot of people tend to become UNlazy as they go through the journey. I hated exercise before. Now I'm kinda digging it. And I want to move, because I see the results I get from doing so. And losing weight and eating better gave me more energy to even do so.

And about being hungry- once you get past the first few weeks, you really don't need to be. I say the first few weeks, because when you're dropping your cals by a LOT and changing your way of eating, you may be hungry. Once your body "gets it" you don't need to be. I have 1400-1500 cals a day and I'm VERY rarely hungry. I'm hungry when I should be- before a meal. If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm hungry between meals, I have my snacks (usually 2 a day). And as long as I eat a GOOD diet (filled with protein, high fiber, healthy) then it sticks with me.

Good luck. You got this.
This is the time it is going to click. I am done! I am so ready...and if I mess up I'm just going to get right back on it. Thank you so much for the encouraging words!
LARWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #9  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARWife View Post
I am done! I am so ready...and if I mess up I'm just going to get right back on it.
^^^^^^^
This here, this is the key, the silver bullet, the magic pill, the weight loss secret!! You've got this!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #10  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 272/260/150

Height: 5'7 Age: 23

Girl I am right there with you. I started in Feb. and I haven't been completely successful. (probably due to many factors in my life right now) I'm still at 260, after losing 5 pounds twice since Feb. :C I put off logging in here because I wanted to log in when I got to the 10 pound weight loss! But never did :,C

I'm still not giving up though. I need all the support I can get. We can do this.
Bunnydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/188/159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika79 View Post
^^ This is true.

I tried many diets and used different mind games to try and make something succeed, but nothing ever clicked and I would always fall back. I sometimes think it works like a combination lock (but not as complex) - you try enough combinations and eventually you get it. The diet that finally worked for me wasn't Weight Watchers, the South Beach Diet, the Paleo Diet, etc. It was simply calorie-counting with a pen and notebook.

As far as the mind goes, and I found a conclusion discovered by the Subway Guy Jared that really clicked for me: he said that he had been trying desperately to escape hunger when trying to lose, but then he had an epiphany. He realized that the hunger pangs meant that he was on his diet and that he was losing weight. So he came to appreciate the hunger and not try to run from it. It was a reward of sorts, telling him he was succeeding.
tricon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #12  
banned

You are absolutely right. Only you can do this. I too struggle with weight. I tried many diets and could not really lose the weight. Then I found what triggers my weight issues and cut back on those foods. Energy level was horrible. I also could not get to the gym because of my laziness. I now go to the gym every day and I am finding that my energy level is definitely increasing. It does get easier, I promise. I am no barbie and I have a lot more to go. I think you need to find a happier you. I wrote some great blogs that will be coming out on wens. We do sale all natural supplements but our blog is not a marketing blog. If you are curious on steps to become a happier you and have more energy the all natural way, NO SALES involved, stop by my blog. You can find it by searching Natures Complete. I've been there and I keep going there. That place where you feel just blah! I would suggest starting a blog of your own with your journey, you can inspire other people and other people can help motivate you. Just think "I'VE GOT THIS"! I'm rooting for you sister.
Natural dieter is offline   Reply With Quote