Old 08-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Smile 52 Tomorrow And Still Loving Atkins!!

Its difficult to believe I've been doing Atkins for for 9 years and almost 4 months! Tomorrow I turn 52 and can honestly say, Atkins is one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.
This year didn't start out well for me. I have been recovering from sacoriliac joint dysfunction & piriformis syndrome since right after Christmas. I wasn't able to leave my apartment from early January to mid July because I wasn't able to get down my stairs. But, God bless my wonderful chiropractor for coming to my home 3 times a week since the end of March and working with me, I am finally able to get around! I will be returning to work in a few weeks and getting back to my life
I decided to cut off my butt-length hair a couple weeks ago (my first time out of the house) and got a super short cut. I LOVE IT!!!
We all face things in our lives that are difficult but, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I know many feel that way about weight loss...but...you CAN do it!! You are worth it!!
I hope I can motivate all of you and anyone thinking about doing Atkins. It really does work and it will be the best decision YOU'VE ever made for YOU!!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 08-03-2013 at 01:03 PM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #2  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Congratulations!
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #3  

You look great. Congratulations!
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:47 AM   #4  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Happy Birthday JerseyGyrl!!!! Great pic!!!!
Lulu NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #5  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Jersey Girl! on the more than 9 years!.. But more important, on working thru these last months (oh gosh I am so sorry) working on getting your health better, so you are not apt bound... Oh so happy you had a wonderful Chiropractor to come to your house! I tell you that is awesome. Your hair cut is wonderful and you look great and pretty!

Have a truly wonderful Birthday!!! Celebrate!!!!! and thank you for being here!!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6

You look fabulous! You are truly an inspiration
SimplyLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #7  
Seeker of Nice People

S/C/G: 660/573/250

Height: 6'3.5

Belated Happy Birthday JerseyGyrl!!!

It's good to hear you are recovering from your health issues. Judging from your photo, you are looking great!

I have been having some health problems as well, but I feel so blessed to wake up these days and feel relatively pain free. About a month ago I grew a little frustrated with the Atkins food choices, as I was dealing with some life stress and a weight loss plateau, and I desperately needed some comfort foods.

I was convinced by nutritionist/fitness trainer to try a more balanced lower calorie controlled diet, which included carbohydrates mostly from whole grains and fruit. I tried it for a week and I did not feel right at all. My body was swelling all over, and I was gaining weight. Plus I had never counted calories before and it was all just a nightmare.

So I've spent the last three weeks back on Atkins and it has been great, as I have been losing pounds again, and all my body swelling has gone down. Now that I'm back on the program, I'm praying that I can stay as committed to it as lifestyle, like you!

Congratulations on all your Atkins success, and again, Happy Birthday!!!

-OneReallyBigBird

Last edited by OneReallyBigBird; 08-21-2013 at 05:02 PM.
OneReallyBigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Thank you for the birthday wishes
I'm very happy to hear you're back on Atkins Its really a shame there is so much ignorance concerning this way of eating. But, the important thing is, you realized yourself how crappy you felt eating off plan and you're back now!!
Stay strong. Take it 1 day at a time. You'll get there!
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

JerseyGyrl - I missed your post at first. A belated happy birthday and I love your hair! So glad that you are feeling better and ready to go back to your life.

When I was considering low carb, I read your posts and they really gave me something to think about. For some reason I did not think that I could live without my bread and baked Cheetos. Surprise! I can live well without them. My diet now is low carb but I am not sure how close to Atkins it is. I am going to try to find the old Atkins book that you recommend because I really want to learn about his maintenance plan. Taking the weight off is one thing and keeping it off is another! It is encouraging to see that you have lived with the plan for 9 years and kept the weight off.

You have inspired and motivated me! Thank you.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote