South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Super Saturday Beach Chat 8/3

Good morning chicks! Although it's the most dreary morning we've had in a long time, my neighbor's son (who also lives next door) is getting married today! I guess I should make it my priority to get their gift this morning. I'm off to Wally World (where they registered) shortly to beat the crowds. Yeesh, I'm not a procrastinator, am I?

The kids were full of stories when we picked them up last night, although DS insists he still doesn't want to go next year (whaaaattt??! Yes you ARE, mommy and daddy need their time too!!). Hopefully he's just feeling sensitive and will come to his senses soon!

Anyone with excitement this weekend?
Old 08-03-2013, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Tammy and chicks to come. Have a great time at the wedding. What is Wally World ordo you mean Walmart? Maybe DS really missed you which is cute, but I hear ya about needing mommy and daddy time.

Had planned a nice long ride today, but the rain changed that. Just cooking and getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. I am definitely not the one with exciting plans lol.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning Twynn! I believe Miss Manners and Emily Post agree as a guest, you're permitted to send a gift up to a year after the nuptials. So you're good

Jekel-Sorry about the ruined plans

I've been at the job search again this morning. I'm thinking that I'll need to widen my search, as clearly no one in Ohio wants a recent grad for an accountant!

Nothing exciting today, but I did end up seeing the Hugh Jackman movie (Wolverine) last night. Yummy! Oh, and the movie was alright too.

Have a great Saturday!

Last edited by penmage; 08-03-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: I forgot Jekel!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmm - Hugh Jackman. Now that Paul is gone, maybe ... Thanks, Pen.

Believe it or not, I was up at 4, fed the dogs, got a coffee, closed Friday's thread, started the dishwasher and then decided to go back to bed. Slept until 7:30 and woke to see three puzzled dogs staring at me. (Jazz was snuggled in to me on the bed, of course.) A good start to the day as I never sleep that late.

Twynn, a week at summer camp is an absolute necessity for kids. Does them good to get a break from their parents and vice-versa.

Jennifer, I always feel great when I cook ahead and invariably eat on plan. Last night was not one of those nights as I had frozen pizza and some wine.

Neighbour Moel is harvesting his garlic this morning if the ground is not too sodden - another downpour yesterday. If the clay is diggable, I'll be out there helping along with some friends from our Book Club. Tonight my friend Heather's mother, Claire, is throwing a birthday dinner. Cocktails at 5:30. I'll try to behave myself with food but know I will absolutely have to have a piece of cake.

So there's my Saturday except for having to give back my two furry visitors to the Pypers when they leave the cottage this afternoon. I'll miss them but it will be much quieter in the house without the howling chorus.

Hope your day unfolds smoothly.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #5  

Penmage - thank goodness for Miss Manners! I was invited to a former employee's wedding in June, and didn't go....and STILL didn't send anything. BAD GIRL!

But - I know my boss has a local lady doing her money stuff for her, and this lady does it for several businesses. Just pays the bills on time, meets with her once weekly. Have you considered something like that? I bet a lot of smaller businesses could use help, but can't hire full time.

I went to Wally World (yep, AKA walmart) and they didn't have ANYTHING I wanted to get them! I guess that's why no one else got them off the registry! Off to bed bath and beyond when they open...

(and I agree....Hugh Jackman...Mmmmmm.....)

Last edited by TwynnB; 08-03-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Cloudy and wet morning here today. This weather is definitely foreshadowing fall.

My day pretty much consists of household chores/laundry that I have been ignoring.

Welcome home, Jennifer! Remember that after the shock of going to work for about 1 day it will feel like you never left.
Tammy, have fun at the wedding.
penmage, good luck on the job search. I know how frustrating it can be.
Ruth, have a great day, whatever it brings.

Happy Saturday to all the chicks to come.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

To all you drooling chicks, I think Hugh is going to be on Oprah's new show soon.

Not much going on here. My boss was kind to take me off the work schedule for about a week so I could rest my foot again after my most recent injection. Not hiking either and I miss it! I really just feel better when I am getting in some regular exercise.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends. And DH and I are having a Dexter marathon this weekend so we'll be caught up when DS2 comes home soon in case he'll watch the new episode with us.

Have a great one.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have been up for a while already got the bathroom cleaned and sparkling lol, I need to tackle the rest but we hold off as DD2 and me are going to get our toes done and then going to STL to see the Rams scrimage today (we are meeting DH there) I have to agree mmmmhhh for Hugh! Love him and he seems like he is the real deal in real life (Loves his wife and kids)

Okay I gotta run need to hit the showers before picking up DD2 from her sleepover.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We've been up for awhile here too. Saw our guests off and then enjoyed having our home to ourselves again. It looks like an off and on rainy day so we are making a plan. It will probably include a hike without bees this time I'm down to 4 large red spots and lots of itchy little spots and still taking the dreaded benadryl. It's a good reminder to always have a few benadryl in my pocket when out in the woods.

Next weekend is DD's wedding. She's been planning for so long I can't believe it's around the corner! I still need a jacket and the SO still needs shoes so maybe we should prioritize a shopping trip! So much to do, so little time to get it done

Happy weekend!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Evening ladies! Just a quick check in.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Work was busy then home for OP dinner. DH is headed to bed...me too. Day off tomorrow...keeping my fingers crossed...my coworker has been on the sobriety wagon since her episode 2 weeks ago.

Nothing else exciting here.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:58 AM   #12  

Default Sunday Sunshine Beach Chat 8/4

Rise and shine chicks. Another pretty day on the horizon. Please enjoy it for me as I am working today. It is alway so difficult getting motivated after being off.

CyndiM glad you are healing Benadryl is a staple in my bike bag! I am not allergic, but get nasty reactions to stings and bites.

Tammy how was the wedding?

Yesterday was good. I did manage to get 31 miles in despite getting soaked. Felt good though. Scale is slowly moving in the right direction. Maybe it's me, but since starting SB I find it is easier to get back on track when I take a little detour

Oh we'll I guess I should drag my lazy butt inside. I am sure I have at least 500 emails waiting for me.

Have a great day
Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #13  

Ruth or Linda please fix my post. I did it again lol darn cell phone small fonts! Thanks
Old 08-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #14  

Good morning Jekel! It is difficult to get back to work, hope it goes smoothly for you.

The wedding was a blast - apparently I embarassed my entire family , I wasn't THAT bad, but of course both males don't dance! The ceremony was beautiful, and the food was even good. My DD was a hoot with her comments she was making, she made it a lot of fun.

I guess it's time I become an adult today. With the kids gone last week I did a whole lot of nuttin', and now I need to cook and clean. Darned it.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

ennifer, I go back to work tomorrow after being off for 2 weeks, so I can sympathize with you. I hope your day is an easy one.

Tammy, did you go to the wedding? How was it?

Cyndi, I hpoe you are fully recuperated. Did yozu have a successful shopping trip? It's hard to believe the wedding date is almost here! Your DD must be getting very excited!

I'm wrapping up my vacation by spending the weekend at my DD's in New Jersey and will head home later today. We went to Ikea yesterday and had fun shopping for accessories for my DGD's new bedroom makeover. She just went from having a little girl's room to a pre-teen's room. Her new room is nice, but I do miss the baby bunnies and sweet frills and ruffles. She's growing up so fast!

Well, I'm going to hop in the shower while Monica is out for her run and before Carley gets up. Have a Super Sunday!
Closed Thread