Old 08-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/170

Height: 5'10

Default Does anyone else find it hard to believe their weightloss

Just curious. By that I mean, even if you know you've lost weight, do you ever feel like you haven't really?

I'm terrible for this, when the scale goes down, I wonder if it's right. I'm buying clothes in smaller dress sizes, and I think maybe they just size large. I know intellectually that everything I've bought since I started losing weight can't be, and isn't, sized larger than anything I bought before losing weight, but I still wonder lol. I must've dropped three dress sizes, and the jeans that I couldn't even fasten hang off my waist now to the point where they're too big to wear, but I'm like nah, not much difference.

I also feel fatter the more I lose. I think because the closer I get to a healthier size, the more I realise how far there still is to go.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my weightloss so far, and I know there's a difference, but I just don't really feel the difference sometimes.
terichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

Yup, I'm right there with you.

I really didn't see a difference in the mirror. It wasn't until I put two pictures side by side that I saw it. My pants don't fall off me but I'm guessing its because all my pants use to have elastic bands. It took my friends telling me they looked way too big before I noticed it myself because it was only in the legs.

Now when I look in the mirror I can see it in my face. I try very hard to not think of how far I have to go because it seems like climbing mount Everest!

I still get afraid that when I sit on something that I will break it or not fit. There are many places I probably don't fit but now there are lots more that I do and never use to! :-)

Hoping that one day the tide changes in my brain and that I stop seeing that girl I was before. (I know I still have far to go)

I need to do more positive talking to myself and less negative because I am really bad for that.
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I have this problem, and I have to wonder if it contributes at all to my regains. Like i don't see it as much so when I am already sliding off the wagon it makes it easier to say f**k it? IDK, I definitely recommend pictures. It is hard to see changes in the mirror, but much easier in pictures. In October at 202 I felt the same as I did now even though I was in 12/14s instead of the 18/20s, but when i look at my wedding pix, especially the ones where i am not in my poofy dress yet, I see how much smaller i looked.

I think maybe this time i will be more diligent about taking them.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #4  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Call up someone you haven't seen in awhile for lunch...their reaction will be all that you need! At least that worked for me. I've really only been able to tell the last month or so that I've lost a lot of weight. Pictures help too - I have my "fat" picture taped on the fridge and a more recent photo of me next to it so I can remind myself how much I really have done!

We still have miles to go...but look at what we've done so far!!!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

I am the same way. Goal seems so far away, but it's so much closer than where we started. Let's all remember how far we've come! You are doing great.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #6  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I have a bundle of old pictures that I keep to look at when I get tempted. I'm often disgusted by these. I know I hated posing for them when they were taken, and they're really just... YUK! But, it's me. It's really me, and it's the REAL me. Even though I've lost weight, I'm still that girl in the shapeless outfit staring back at me from photos taken over the last 30 years.

Since I'm so good at avoiding the camera (from a lifetime of practice) I only have a few recent photos, and even those don't look good to me. I see a difference, but I'm not thin. I don't know why I can't appreciate where I am right now. It's one of my "issues." So, I feel ya...
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #7  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Right there with you!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/195/160

Height: 5' 5"

I can't see my loss either. I had to ask a friend to let me know when my clothes look too big. I have been overweight since High school and don't even know what I should look like. I can relate to the feeling fatter - I don't think the 43 I still want to lose is going to make me look any better, but hoping my mental picture of myself will eventually catch up with the fact that I have lost weight.
Hopegrowsagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/169/160

Height: 5ft 4.5in

I'm definitely in this group too. I don't have pictures of me from the last couple of years so nothing to compare it to therefore I don't really see it. I still feel like I look how I did at my largest.

I know the scale says differently and the jeans have dropped from a 16-18 to a 10 but I just can't wrap my brain around it. Even though people around me comment they see the difference I can't.
mygirlvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/170

Height: 5'10

I think I will start documenting with pictures more. I don't have any of me at my highest, but I have a few where I was close to my highest. Not very good ones though/full length, because I hate having my picture taken (wonder why!). It'd be interesting though to see if the difference is more noticeable to me in pics.
terichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #11  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I lost 50, and felt I'd never lose more, and ended up gaining back 20. I could tell when I gained, in ways I never had before. Pants were uncomfortably tight, knees began aching more again, started waking up gasping (sleep apnea), etc.

Would that I could remember that when I've lost the weight, and am feeling like I'll never lose any more!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote