Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 7/31/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-31-2013, 08:06 AM   #2  

Good morning IP friends. I cannot believe it is July 31 already. Summer has sure flown by. My husband is leaving on a 2 week motorcycle trip today and I will have to cook for myself while he is gone. I realize how he has spoiled me when he is away and I have to fend for myself. He even grilled a dozen turkey burgers last night so I would have them available for quick and easy meals after work. He has been such a great support during this IP adventure with me. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

bbb60- I know how you feel. It's great for those of us who have supportive family members.

Happy IP morning to everyone. I'm praying for strength today. I'm severely tired and my go to is sugar for a quick wake up since I don't drink coffee or tea. I have 3 hour long appointments for my twins today and I still need to fit in all my regular stuff. I know I can do it. I'll see you at the end of the day!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Congratulations again Lisa on your one year IP anniversary. Fantastic, amazing! I am jumping back on the IP wagon. I refuse to accept my weight and will keep on trying until it's gone. Hopefully someone will be congratulating me in a years time! I know what has to be done so here it goes. Good luck everyone. Have a great day.

Last edited by TwoTots; 07-31-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Well I have finally made it to Maintenance. I have 3 pounds to go but after visiting the CrossFit Gym yesterday, they suggested that I start increasing my calories before Monday (Starting Gym Day) so I don't crash & burn

Stay with it everyone because it does work....!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 AM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, all.

Thanks for sharing yesterday, Lisa. You are an inspiration!

Weigh-in number 3 for me tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #7  
I did it!

S/C/G: 152.8/129/130

Day 3 for me! And, I'm excited!!! I am addicted to weighing, so I weigh every morning. But, I will only count my weight at the weigh in. However, I like to know if I am losing or not. I'm thinking it will help me to know I should not eat a restricted if I'm not losing.

Today is a tennis morning. I'm bringing a snack just in case I start feeling less energetic while playing. Also, my coach told me I may need to eat 4 IP packs on some days. I haven't yet, so we will see.

Have a great day, everyone! Remember, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"~ My mom (She's down over 50 lbs since January)

Wow! A1, You have come a long way! Good job! Keep it up or off! :-D

Last edited by Hollygb66; 07-31-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #8  

Default Missed a packet?

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are having a great day! I missed a packet yesterday. I was feeling sick and went to take a nap when I put my daughter down for bed and ended up sleeping all night- I usually have my last packet before bed as a snack along with the supplements. Should I try to make it up today or just let it go?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
Hi Everyone!

I hope you are having a great day! I missed a packet yesterday. I was feeling sick and went to take a nap when I put my daughter down for bed and ended up sleeping all night- I usually have my last packet before bed as a snack along with the supplements. Should I try to make it up today or just let it go?
You really can't "make up" a packet. The effect would be no different than eating an extra packet on any other day. Let it go - it's really not that big a deal overall. If it happens regularly it would be problematic, but a one-time skip will likely have no effect!
Old 07-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

A1 Texan, huge congrats to you too. What a fantastic job you have done in a year. Well Done. You too are an inspiration.

Driveby Good luck today. I also have twins, they are turning 4 on Friday.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hello, everyone!

I would like to introduce myself: my name is Susie and this is my second go at Ideal Protein. Two years ago, I had lost over 30 lbs on the plan. This site helped me so much! However, maintenance has been an epic fail for me!

I started over two weeks ago. I have had really low energy levels lately (I am hypothyroid) and I have torn the fascias in both my feet. Loosing weight will definitely help on all counts!

My husband is doing this with me this time around! He also has lots of weight to loose and is having difficulty with Achiles Tendonitis and bad knees. He is hoping that losing weight will take some of the pressure off of his ankle and knees.

We have two kids, ages 7 and 10, who have a lot of energy and who we really need to keep up with. I also really love running and zumba and can't wait to be able to participate in those activities again (especially without being "the fat lady in the back of the class")! I am trying to convince my local gym to set up a Mother & Daughter or Parent & Child class! ...maybe it could be a good goal to become an instructor for this kind of class?

I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 07-31-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

Ya'll are fantastic group of people. I enjoy hearing from everyone. I feel like I am not alone in this struggle. I have not been getting my 3 IP packs a day, and I realize I am makeing a big mistake. I eat the the questbar chocolate chip cookie dough bar and I feel like I am cheating, so I stopped the 3rd ip pack. Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #13  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Here's a victory for me....silly one...but a victory!

I just gave advice to someone else on another thread! It seems strange that I actually have information to provide that may be helpful. It's a great feeling to realize how much I have already learned about IP and that I can pay it forward!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
Ya'll are fantastic group of people. I enjoy hearing from everyone. I feel like I am not alone in this struggle. I have not been getting my 3 IP packs a day, and I realize I am makeing a big mistake. I eat the the questbar chocolate chip cookie dough bar and I feel like I am cheating, so I stopped the 3rd ip pack. Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.
IP is already designed around THREE packets every day, 2 unrestricted and one restricted. It is designs to account for all the calories, fats, carbs, AND proteins that you need to put your body into fat-loss mode (ketosis). When you cut out a packet, your body perceives this as starvation mode and "protects" you by hanging on to fat for reserves. You are actually doing the opposite of what you think you are doing!!

As long as your restricted meets IP standards (under 200 cals, not more than 30% cals from fats; 9-17 carbs for restricteds; 15+ proteins) you are FINE!!

Some people do cut out restricteds and eat 3 unrestricteds, BUT again, IP is designed assuming you WILL have a restricted each day so all the counts are already planned into your daily intake. No need to omit. A few people are very carb sensitive and do better limiting/omitting them, but most do not have to do that.

Follow the protocol and you will WIN!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-8"

A1texan- Congrats on Maintenance and good luck with Crossfit. Just a warning Crossfit becomes an addiction and has a great supporting community.
Closed Thread