Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 7/29/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #2  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Morning guys! I had to stay away from the boards all weekend as it seemed like every time I came online to check-in I read 10 posts about people cheating. I am not judging, every person's journey is there own and mine has been rocky as well. It just made it difficult to stay focused when I was struggling more than normal, to read about everyone's offplan eating and drinking. I hope everyone has a good week and stays on plan.
WI tonight. Additionally, I believe the walden farms chocolate syrup may be making me sick (Big "D" and stomach cramps soon after eating). I will try one more shake with it, but if I get the same results I will be tossing it out.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Lauran: Join me, Lisa and a bunch of other IP'ers in the 100% Thread. It is a safe place with no talking of cheating.

I'll bump it for you!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #4  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Lauran: Join me, Lisa and a bunch of other IP'ers in the 100% Thread. It is a safe place with no talking of cheating.

I'll bump it for you!
Thank you Ideal! I have read through some of it, but never posted, as I wasn't sure what it meant about 100%. Did that mean 100% IP products, or 100% IP clinic protocol (I sometimes substitute veggie shreds for my milk). Is it just 100% no cheating?
Old 07-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #5  

Boy there are two sides to that coin, aren't there?

I had to skip over cheat posts for a LONG time, not out of lack of caring but out of self preservation. I just couldn't even put the notion in my head.

On the flip-side, I can completely empathize with anyone who is struggling to do IP without cheating. I started/stopped SO.MANY.PLANS over the last 10 years and all I did was gain! My eating was so out of control and I just didn't seem to be able to rein it in. If I were trying to do IP during that time, I would have needed a place to vent my frustration.

IP took that all away from me and gave me back control. All I had to be willing to do was commit 100% with no cheats.

What caused the shift? I don't know but I am totally grateful for it and didn't want to risk it. The 100% thread is SUPPOSED to be a place where there is no discussion of cheating. Every once in a while one slips in but it is NOT the place to discuss cheats, which gives everyone a "safe room" to go.

So many 100%ers have gotten to goal!

100% does not mean only using IP products. It means 100% sticking to protocol with no cheats and no discussion of cheating. If you need a safe place, the 100% thread is for you.

There is also a thread for women who are over 50 years old. It is a place for discussion of body changes and sometimes slower weight loss.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
Thank you Ideal! I have read through some of it, but never posted, as I wasn't sure what it meant about 100%. Did that mean 100% IP products, or 100% IP clinic protocol (I sometimes substitute veggie shreds for my milk). Is it just 100% no cheating?
Lauren - It's 100% not cheating. I used alternatives throughout my journey but as long as you stick 100% with the IP Protocol, you are welcome. Just no talk of cheating It's really a positive place there ....
Old 07-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #7  

Where does your clinic take your thigh measurement? Occassionally my coach, who is also the doctor's nurse is tied up with a procedure (we just do walk in rather than appts) so I just weigh and buy products. I can do all my other measurements but do not know how far above the knee she measures to get the thigh spot. Many thanks. Happy day!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Lauran...I had posted last week about terrible stomach cramps after my shakes. This weekend I tried just the IP RTD shake (no spinach, no WF choc syrup)... had no issue with it. Today, I made the shake with spinach and 1/3 cup of the IP ready-made pudding...left out the WF syrup and the cinnamon. Within the next hour or two, i'll know if WF was the culprit...hoping that was the issue, as it's easy enough drop from the shakes. But your symptoms sound alot like mine.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
Lauran...I had posted last week about terrible stomach cramps after my shakes. This weekend I tried just the IP RTD shake (no spinach, no WF choc syrup)... had no issue with it. Today, I made the shake with spinach and 1/3 cup of the IP ready-made pudding...left out the WF syrup and the cinnamon. Within the next hour or two, i'll know if WF was the culprit...hoping that was the issue, as it's easy enough drop from the shakes. But your symptoms sound alot like mine.
I had the same problem with the WF 1000 Island and bbq sauce - basically anything WF that is supposed to be creamy-ish. No problems with the Italian dressing so I suspect the culprit is whatever they use to give it the creamy consistency (if that makes sense).
Old 07-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #10  

Height: 5'-8"

MagnoliaBlssom: With my arms down at my sides, my coach measures my thigh right were my fingertips end. Makes my measurements consistent, I am not sure what other clinics do.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks All I like many others have tried to be on many other programs. The IP works well for me because it is as Lisa said, control back in my life with no cheating and all I have to do is follow it. I go in for wk 4 wi and have not only lost 15 lbs but gained backed my determination to see my goal to the end and come away with a healthy way to live. Thank you Lisa and all of you Karin
Old 07-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #12  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post

I'll bump it for you!
Thanks! I wondered what that thread was about! I assumed it was for people who were at 100% of their weight loss, or doing IP 100% without alternatives.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:43 AM   #13  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaBlssom View Post
Where does your clinic take your thigh measurement? Occassionally my coach, who is also the doctor's nurse is tied up with a procedure (we just do walk in rather than appts) so I just weigh and buy products. I can do all my other measurements but do not know how far above the knee she measures to get the thigh spot. Many thanks. Happy day!
I always just measure the biggest part, so it may not always be the same location, but I find that gives a more accurate overall reading than trying to remember exactly where I placed the tape last time. Or if you want to always do the same spot, try landmarking by a freckle or the tips of your fingers if you are standing straight with your arms at your side.

I like the biggest part though because I don't care if I lost three inches where my "landmark" is, if I didn't lose any inches a cm below it. I want it all gone. lol
Old 07-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #14  
Third time's the charm!

Just wondering if anyone does anything "visual" to mark their weight loss. I find that, along with frequent visits to this forum, having a visual reminder of my progress helps keep me motivated. I saw an idea on Pinterest that was cute. You get two glass vases and fill one of them with one stone for every pound you want to lose. Then as you lose each pound, you transfer it over to the other vase. Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Shrinkingsusie...love that idea!!! Think I will try that
Closed Thread