Old 07-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #16  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Find something else that works with phase 1 that you can substitute for the soda. You can try having some of the flavored LaCroix waters. They don't have caffeine in them though, but you can have some caffeinated coffee or tea.

Try roasting your veggies, just mist with some olive oil & sea salt (can also use your favorite seasonings) then roast in the oven. I like doing a mix of veggies, but you can try just the one's you know you like. 2 cups will cook down to about 1 cup, so it is definitely easier to eat them all and they are much tastier. My favorite roasted veggies are red peppers, cauliflower & zucchini.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #17  
ReginaLynn

S/C/G: 177/161/135

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
On my first day on IP I had a chicken breast and broccoli. The old "standby" diet meal. I realized immediately that I could not do this if I wasn't creative with my cooking. To me, the journey of P1 is to learn new ways to cook and live healthier, so when I reach goal I will be able to maintain.

I make a lot of delicious meals that my family loves and with minor changes they are P1 IP compatible. You just need to make sure you measure your veggies and protein. Sometimes that means making a separate pot for my own meal.

Amberjules has a wonderful Shepherd's Pie recipe. Rainbow has some recipe threads called Mix n in the Kitchen (not sure of the exact title). You can modify existing recipes as well. I have made stuffed peppers with cauliflower instead of rice, Chinese Stir Fried Rice (again with cauliflower) and chicken, soy sauce, and ginger (my 20 yr old thought it was rice!). I could go on and on. Try a couple of recipes here and there and they will become staples you will probably keep to even after you phase off.

You're on your way to a healthier you, and will develop a completely new attitude towards food.

How do I thank you guys for all the support and encouragement?!! As dumb as it sounds, I already feel better!
@dak1lls, those stuffed peppers are SO happening soon. Will I be able to find the recipe on google? I noticed we weighed close to the same before starting
IP & have the same goal weight. When I see that you've lost 36 pounds, I'm just that much more inspired. And your totally right, the journey of P1 is to learn new ways to cook and live healthier! I just have to remember that.
Thanks so much!!
ReginaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #18  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaLynn View Post
How do I thank you guys for all the support and encouragement?!! As dumb as it sounds, I already feel better!
@dak1lls, those stuffed peppers are SO happening soon. Will I be able to find the recipe on google? I noticed we weighed close to the same before starting
IP & have the same goal weight. When I see that you've lost 36 pounds, I'm just that much more inspired. And your totally right, the journey of P1 is to learn new ways to cook and live healthier! I just have to remember that.
Thanks so much!!
I found them by doing a google search. I think you will find many different ones, but just go through them until you find one you think will work for you. I usually search like this: stuffed peppers recipe ideal protein 3fatchicks. Sometimes I leave out the 3fatchicks, as other sites will have recipes as well. Pinterest has a lot of IP recipes. Just keep track of the amount of veggies and protein you are using and you will be golden.

Yes, our stats are really similar. I always look at the stats of others and the ones who are similar and successful provide a lot of encouragement to me. I can't believe I am 16 lbs from my goal! You can expect weeks of low losses, great losses, and no losses. I even had a week where I gained a pound! I had worked very hard that week and was super stressed, and for sure it showed up in my gain. I should have had extra protein on the days I expended so much energy.

I am no longer using IP products but have switched to alternatives. It has not affected my losses at all and I can now afford more variety. The thing to remember is to follow the protocol and you will lose the weight.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote