Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 07:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Default Scale Addict Anonymous #3

ALRIGHTYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! The cold & flu meds have kicked in and I'm ready to type!

I'm still sick but this has helped me keep eating healthy. Tonite was another chicken and veggie stirfry but with a blackbean sauce this time. VERY yummy. As I could actually taste it a bit!lol

Grasshopper, I went back to school at the age of 28. It was tuff at first but it got easier as it went along. I was lucky enough to go to school full time without having to work. I wasn't older than any but one of my teachers!lol But it was weird being in class with people 10 years younger than me. The saving grace was the group of 3 people in their late 30's and early 40's.

Butterfly, I admire you for doing BOTH!! You are an amazing lady. And you are trying to lose weight on top of it all! When I finished my last few years of University I did it part time and worked full time. It's a tuff road but in the end it's worth it. And think of how good you'll look when you walk up on stage when you graduate!

Keep up the good work ladies!!!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:22 AM   #2  

The scales went back to 144.8 this morning!!! Dadgum water!!

hotsplashes - that stirfry sounds delicious!! Hope you're feeling better!!
Old 10-30-2003, 04:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Glad you're feeling better hotsplashes! And sorry to hear about the scales SB. I'm officially scared of mine again. I don't know how you handle with with scales that can give .1,.2.3 - that level of information would knock me over the edge! I'd be tracking everything I ate to figure out the .2 pounds of fluctuation! You're more woman than me!

I go to my ND tomorrow morning. I have a list of questions - wierd questions...but I guess this is his area. I feel really healthy - healthier than I have ever felt. I hope I get a good report from him!

Last test is today and I found out that one of my closest friends doesn't have an ounce of respect for what I'm studying in school or the fact that I "sold myself out" by leaving my career to aim so low. Nice huh. I went straight from the conversation to some sort of icie vanilla frozen coffee thing - I dont' even drink coffee but this looked the least harmful of the sugary things they sold. It was amazing and now I am mad at myself as well as my slack friend!

Well enough whining - I'm off to school!! Hotsplashes - keep feeling better!!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:14 PM   #4  

grasshopper - you have to go for what you want to!! What are you going for anyway? Everyone dogged me because I decided to be an elementary teacher instead of a nurse or businees major. The only support I have is bf. Everyone else tells me not to go into teaching.

I had a run-in with the sweet monster this afternoon. I went to lunch with my sister and after talking to her, I took my frustrations out on chocolate candy and doughnuts!! We had a long talk about my just ending my relationship with my best friend. I don't think it really sunk in until I talked to my sis about it. Now, I'm depressed over the loss of my friend AND sick from the sweets!! I HATE feeling like this!!!
Old 10-31-2003, 07:59 AM   #5  

SB I'm in school for massage therapy. I want to study muscle reprogramming, along with the effects of emotions on our bodies. I have a lot of school ahead of me but at least this time around it's something I love. And you're right - go for what you want...life is way to short to do a job you don't like - if you have the chance to do what you love - grab it! Good for you! Being a teacher is hard work and it takes a special person!! Good luck with your schooling. As for losing your best friend - I'm sorry to hear that. And forgive me for laughing a little about the bestfriend/sweets thing. I can just see it and I'm laughing for you not at you!! I lost my best friend a few years ago when she slowly became a recluse (is that how you spell that?). She just went away from everything, with no real explanation. She's still not well and I haven't heard from her in over a hear now. I don't even know how to contact her anymore. I'm still in touch with her family though. It was really hard and really sad.

Well today is my ND check up. I have my questions list and I'm all ready to go Am I wierd for being excited about a doctor's visit. Must be all the school! I might need a vacation
Old 10-31-2003, 08:14 PM   #6  

Howdie Ladies....I'm sorry I missed yesterday...but this danged virus just don't want to go away. I get home usually around 1 or 2. Then I let the dogs out. Then I have a bath and more meds then I just crash out until supper around 4 or 5 then I'm back in bed by 7 or 8. This sucks...good thing is..I stepped on the scales yesterday...I've lost 6lbs~! I know it's not a good way to do it, but it is the hilite of being sick this last week.

Butterfly and Grassshopper....

I cam empathize with both of you on all the subjects. I went back to school for Equine Science. I took a specialization in Sports Medicine Rehab. Technically I'm horsie physiotherapist and massage therapist. You should have heard all the negative things I got about that. From friends, family, strangers, anyone who thought I needed their two nickels' worth. But I went ahead anyway. It's the best thing I've ever done. I'm happiest when I'm with the horses and making them better.

When my best friend and I parted ways. Not over my chosen career, but her abusive husband, I too hit the sweet end of the ocean. I miss her terribly after 3 years, but I made the choice and so did she. I told her that being in a friendship with her was unhealthy for me because it was emotionally, physically, and financially draining for me. She kept complaining about her husband yet she would never leave. When she did decide to, I paid for a lawyer for her, first and last month's rent for an apartment, etc etc. She left him for a whole week and went back. When that happened I knew I had to end the friendship.

As for slacker friends, heck I think we all have them at one time or other. And I think they demean us because they are jealous that they don't have the courage themselves to go for their dreams. I think some of them are also people who are ruled by the all mighty dollar instead of happiness. I would prefer to be me, making the salary that I am, and being happier than I have ever been, than be them, miserable, jealous, and in a job I hate yet with all the money that I can't enjoy cuz I'm so miserable with my life.

Did that make any sense? I've just taken all sorts of cold meds so I can get a half decent nite's sleep. See everyone tomorrow!
Old 10-31-2003, 09:46 PM   #7  

very well said hotsplashes...feel better!
Old 11-02-2003, 08:54 AM   #8  

Sorry I haven't been around folks...this cold is knocking the heck outta me. Plus we had a horse put down and it really hit me hard. But that is just part of the job I guess. I still have no appetite. But I make myself eat and drink. And only good things. I even skipped dessert when I went out to eat last nite. Nothing worse than going to a nice restaurant for someone's bday and being sick. Can't taste anything. Don't really wanna be there. Noises seem wayyyyy louder. And then to top it off, you feel guilty that you aren't in a better mood to enjoy your friend's bday. So I came home early and took more meds and slept for 10 hours. I feel much better today except for the cough.

Hope everyone is finding their scales behaving!

Have a wonderful Sunday and see everyone Monday!
Old 11-03-2003, 10:18 AM   #9  

Goodmorning!!!

The scales are NOT behaving. They were up almost 3lbs today. I hate them. Iwas really good this weekend, and it's too early to blame tom.

grasshopper - thanks for your support.

Hotsplashes - your post made me feel better. A part of me feels like I'm abandoning(sp?) her in a time of need, but another part reminds me that she's always in need. That will probably never change.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:42 PM   #10  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Hi guys.........

WOW there's loads being happening while i've been away......Hope your feeling better now splashes???? It's not the best way to lose weight but hey ho - i'd be glad of anything at the moment!!!
I left my scales at home while i went away - DH woulnd' t let me pack them!! so i went without them, but sent them a post card so they didn't miss me too much!!

I've put on 4lbs while i was away oh boy did i pig out tho- total loss of self control - a case of the scales are away the dieter will play!!!
I really regret it now tho-
Oh well back on the dieting band wagon once again!!!

Hope to catch up with you all later when i've got more time.........it's a quarter to midnight and a girl needs her beauty sleep!!
Old 11-04-2003, 09:56 AM   #11  

Morning everyone! HS I hope you're feeling better by now. This sounds like a NASTY sickness!!!

SB you're strong to be able to see that you're friend may always be in need, and that there is only so much you can do and still be good to yourself. We all need help every now and then, but it's not fair to you, if this is an all the time thing - and she isn't doing her part to improve her situation!! I'm very sorry for you. You're right - it's hard to walk away from a friendship when it seems like they really need you. Maybe someday in the future it can be a good friendship for both of you again.

TF - I want to thank you for gaining weight You reminded me in a big way that this is a way of life and that it's okay to go away, have a great time and put on a few pounds while I do it. It's not the end of the world!!! And it's no reason to go completely off my plan ---which is exactly what I've done after every vacation in the past!! I'm sorry you're scales were bad to you - but thanks for setting a great example about it, and jumping back into your program with such a good head about it!

My only news is that my doctor feels my thyroid is a little slower than it should be. He's putting me on supplements to balance it back out again. I wonder if this will help me drop some pounds?!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 11-04-2003, 04:49 PM   #12  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Your right grasshopper..it's not the end of the world, it's just weight - half the world is starving the other half is trying to starve themselves!!!!!!! Sometimes you need to just kick back and enjoy yourself.....and since getting back off holiday i've stuck to my plan ( religeously due to the slip!!) and now my scales say i've lost 3lbs and that's just since saturday!! so yippee to me........i know if i'd have stuck to my plan while on holiday i'd have been at my goal weight by now but hey lifes toooo short!!!
Thanks for the thanks as i really didn't see it as clearly as i did when you pointed it out to me!!!

Hope the supplements sort you out - if you drop loads of pounds..let me have the name of them!!! lol

Hope your feeling better Splashes
Old 11-04-2003, 07:34 PM   #13  

Howdie Doodie Tulip, Butterfly, And Grassiehopper! What a die hard bunch we are! I am starting to feel better. But the danged cough is still hanging on. It's making it hard to sleep at night. I've doing tons of physical labor at work since our farmhand got fired. So guess who gets to share feedings of 58 horses with the head trainer? That's right! ME! you should see me slogging 8 bales of hay twice a day across 20 acres( we can't drive the truck thru..have to walk it) I tell ya...my new jeans I just bought...they are now BAGGY as all get out!!!

I haven't been able to get to the gym cuz I've been wayyyy too tired. I think all this feeding work is making up for it. Water intake is getting better. eating patterns are much better as well. I haven't gotten ont he scales this week. Will prolly wait till next monday.

As for gaining back a few pounds while on holidays...Hey...most of it is water anyways...no worry. And life is too short not to enjoy things. One of my fave sayings is...

"Life is uncertain....Eat Dessert First!!"

Will see everyone tomorrow since I don't have to do morning feed and will not be so tired when i get home!lol
Old 11-05-2003, 10:29 AM   #14  

Good morning, ladies!!

Hotsplashes - congrats on the new baggy jeans!!! Your job seems to be an all day gym!!!

Tulip - You're right, life is too short!! I've been planning ahead because this weekend is my nephew's birthday party. My sis always makes lots of food and there will of course be a Baskin Robbin's ice cream cake!!! Knowing I will not be stayin on program this Saturday, I'm trying to be really good this week.

little grasshopper - I hope the supplements work for you!!

I'm trying to battle the pre-tom weight gain. So far, I've gotten it down from a 2.6lb gain to a 1.4lb gain. I usually gain 3-5lbs during the week before and the week during tom. I'm determined not to let it get to me this month!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 01:54 PM   #15  

I'm glad you're feeling better Hotsplashes, and I agree, you're job sounds like a pretty good workout! Make sure you take care of yourself - don't want to relaps!!

TF - great news about the 3 pounds!! Makes the vacation even better doesn't it!!

Hey can you guys help me. Look at my diet for today and see what you'd change or recommend???? Here is it.

breakfast - 2 glasses of h20 - 1 bran muffin with butter

snack - mac nuts with water

lunch - apple, chef salad with all kinds of raw veggies - oil and vinegar dressing and wasa bread

snack - Sugar free yogurt - strawberry
more nuts

dinner - at school - black bean soup and yogurt more water....

What do you think?? Am I getting enough food - enough nutrients, too much of anything (besides nuts - I know that
they're my new comfort food.)

Thanks for looking!! Have a great day and SB I use to gain 5-7 pounds!!! Now I gain about 2. Much much better!! PMS is not nearly as bad either!
Closed Thread