Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 7/25/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #2  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I've been on IP for 11 weeks now and am pretty pleased with the results. However, over the last 3 days I have been having terrible dizzy spells first thing in the morning. I've made sure I'm not getting out of bed too fast and they do pass rather quickly, but this is new for me. Yesterday, the room was spinning while I was still lying in bed. Could this be related to the diet? Curious if others have had similar issues.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
Good morning! I've been on IP for 11 weeks now and am pretty pleased with the results. However, over the last 3 days I have been having terrible dizzy spells first thing in the morning. I've made sure I'm not getting out of bed too fast and they do pass rather quickly, but this is new for me. Yesterday, the room was spinning while I was still lying in bed. Could this be related to the diet? Curious if others have had similar issues.
Make sure you're adding your salt. It could be low blood pressure. Check with your doctor ASAP
Old 07-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #4  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all! I hope you feel better hangdog!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

good morning, all. happy ip/op day to everyone.

hangdog- I was having trouble, too. It seems like my blood pressure meds were now too high for me (after losing 50lbs.) When we decreased my meds, the dizzy spells stopped. If you're getting all your salt in and you're still feeling dizzy, call your doc.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #6  

hangdog i would say see your pcp either way, dizzy spells should not be happening..and it may have nothing to do with your salt or low bp.

i am very sleepy, worked hard last night...wish you all a good day. seems the heat has finally left us
Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. Second weigh-in this morning and I am down 3 lbs! Was hoping for a bit more, but I will gladly take it as I spent 4 days this week with Big C and TOM showed up yesterday. Onto week three!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-8"

Good morning, I was up and out of the house extra early today and I forgot to take my vitamins. I know it’s not the end of the world, but it is a slight slip. I am not sure if it is the week I am having, or the weather (its raining here) but my body and mind are beat. I have had the worst bags under my eyes and I am dragging to get things accomplished. I get home from work, make dinner, clean up a bit and I am crawling into bed and STILL wake tired. AH.
On the plus side -3Lbs weigh-in and -6.25 inches. Where did those inches and amazing weight loss come from after 11 weeks?
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Morning all. Very excited to go see Bon Jovi tonight...have all my bars ready. I do have a question..

I've been using the IP RTD shakes almost every day since starting this program with no issues. Last Sunday, as usual, had my shake with spinach...within an hour, had the worst abdominal pains and nausea for about an hour or two until I used the bathroom, so chalked it up to that. Monday, went to work, had the shake, same thing happened, but figured it was related to the tonsilitis I was diagnosed having on Monday as well. Happened again Tuesday, and at that point began to suspect my food. Had a Quest bar yesterday for breakfast with no issues. Tried my shake again this morning, and am in agony again. Has anyone else developed anything like this after eating or drinking something with no issues for a while? I'm a pretty picky eater, so if I can't do the shakes for breakfast, i've got no idea what i'm going to eat.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
I've been using the IP RTD shakes almost every day since starting this program with no issues. Last Sunday, as usual, had my shake with spinach...within an hour, had the worst abdominal pains and nausea for about an hour or two until I used the bathroom, so chalked it up to that. Monday, went to work, had the shake, same thing happened, but figured it was related to the tonsilitis I was diagnosed having on Monday as well. Happened again Tuesday, and at that point began to suspect my food. Had a Quest bar yesterday for breakfast with no issues. Tried my shake again this morning, and am in agony again. Has anyone else developed anything like this after eating or drinking something with no issues for a while? I'm a pretty picky eater, so if I can't do the shakes for breakfast, i've got no idea what i'm going to eat.
Have you always had the shakes with spinach or is adding spinach new?

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-25-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #11  
Third time's the charm!

Is there any dairy in the RTDs? I have never had one, so I don't know, but I know if I have dairy in the morning, I get severe cramping and bloating. We had thought I may be lactose intolerant as a child, but it only happens in the morning.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #12  
April

S/C/G: 163/142/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!
I am excited to start my 4th week on IP today, especially now that I know how to properly eat my veggies.
For those of you who add spinach to your shakes/drinks, have you used it with vanilla? I see a lot of chocolate recipes and am guessing that you can't really taste the spinach. Other than the color, does anyone know if the taste of vanilla is changed?
Thanks and have a fantastic day!

Last edited by Aprlem; 07-25-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Lisa- the spinach adding has been in the last 3-4 weeks, so not super new, but newer than just the plain shakes.

Shrinkingsusie- I cant tell if there's bloating (after 2 kids, my stomach always looks bloated)
I've never had a lactose intolerance, but I suppose you can develop an allergy at any time.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
Morning all. Very excited to go see Bon Jovi tonight...have all my bars ready. I do have a question..

I made a recipe with the chocolate drink mix two days ago and experienced something very similar. The recipe called for a few things I don't eat often/have never had (Walden Farms chocolate syrup, several packets of stevia, and a small amount of tofutti cream cheese) so I am unsure which item caused my issue. I have never experienced that with the RTD (I drink one almost every day for breakfast). Hopefully you diagnose the issue soon!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #15  
Third time's the charm!

Maybe try the shake later in the day and see if you are still getting the cramping? If not, it could just be similar to whatever I have with dairy in the morning, or if it's all the time, maybe you have developed an intolerance to it? I use the Premier Protein shakes from Costco, mostly with lunch, but when I start work early I have one for breakfast and have been ok with those so far.
Closed Thread