Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 09:58 AM   #1  
Is it Friday yet?

Thumbs down

Hello everyone!!

Thought I'd start the new thread since it looks like I'm the first here this week....

Eating as been so-so since I got home from vacation. I gained 4 and lost 1.5 last week. We (my Mom and I) haven't gotten back in the "swing" yet. We're leaving for the family reunion this week - after that life should go back to "normal" and I'll have no excuses not to refocus... Just pausing, not stopping.

I think I might have found my house! Yesterday my Mom and I went looking at houses and found a really great 4 br 2 ba (4th br I would make into a den/tv room). I have 2 more places to look, but this place is really awesome and totally in my price range...

LBH - I'm SO excited for you!!!! I know how it was when I got to see "my" band - I'm sure you're walking on clouds... I've never been a huge Journey fan - I'm more of a Stone Temple Pilots kinda' gal.

Have an incredible week everyone!!!!!!

Terri
Old 04-30-2001, 10:38 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Terri- Thanks for starting the new thread! Guess I'm just stuck in the 80's!! I gave up on the big hair back then though, my hair never was that good at staying "up"!! I've listened to a lot of different kinds of music over the years, but always go back to my R&R roots! (Even if they are a "girl band"!

Well, I kind of weighed in this AM... I stepped on the scale while I was waiting for Jim to get out of the shower, so I hadn't pee'd yet. It showed how bad I was! I had a gain of 4.5 lbs., but I know at least a pound of that was my full bladder! (Wishfully more!) I'll weigh in tomorrow AM just to check again. I tell you, I cannot go near those darn donuts!! I can go into DD a few times a week for coffee, and not even think twice about their donuts, but show me a box of freaking Entennman's rich frosted donuts, and I'm useless! And so now I see the damage they did...

We had a fairly nice weekend though...finally, we didn't have to go anywhere, or do anything. I got my hair cut and colored Saturday, went to Mom's and helped her catch her bird that got loose! Then went to my sister-in-laws to show her the wedding pics. Sunday my mom came over and had dinner with us and brought some things that I forgot to grab while over there Satuday. Other than that, we really didn't do much and it was great. Oh, we went to Frank's Nursery & Crafts and got some flowers to put in the boxes we had bought for the railing of our balcony. We got purple, yellow, pink and white Petunias. They're pretty...don't know a darn thing about flowers or gardening though, had to ask the guy what they were! He said they're the perfect thing to put in those boxes. So now it kinda feels like a home more, we have something living besides the cat there!! We decided if we don't kill them, we'll try for kids!! LOL!! Heck, the cat's still alive after 7 1/2 yrs.!! Hehehe...

Anyway, it's another boring day here...at least for now, boss will be here after lunch...hmff, nice, huh? Have a great day!!
Old 04-30-2001, 04:11 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
Well, 10 more days!!!I think it is all done..The rehersal is Friday night and then the real thing is next Friday.
I have been in the process of canceling my phone, cable internet and junk before the honeymoon soo I can save a few bucks there!!!It is too nice to be moving to a new place that is bigger and to bring my cats.

I have been really watching the diet..I fear not being able to zip the dress and then I will panick for sure!!!

Everyone take care--I will be scarce for the next few days!!!!
Vicki
Old 04-30-2001, 04:50 PM   #4  
LBH

RR- When are you getting married?? On the 10th, a Thursday?! Guess I didn't realize that! Wow, it's close!! Hang in there, the dress will fit fine!!
Old 05-01-2001, 05:35 PM   #5  

Hey all.

Punkin - hope house works out for you!

RR - 10 days - wow!! Best wishes!!

I've done really well these past 3 days, thank goodness!

gotta run. Rabbit
Old 05-02-2001, 09:45 AM   #6  
Donna

Hello All,

This weekend went well, I cleaned out the spare bedroom on Saturday (you know the one that catches all the junk you don't know what to do with) I took out 5 bags of garbage . My mom & dad came over to help out and they stayed for dinner. Sunday we went to a funeral home on the other side of town, K had broke out the 'old' car so we took it. It's actually older than us and we got some interesting looks, it's always entertaining when we drive it.

I went to WW last night and got what I deserved, I lost 1.2 but that's only part of what I'd gained the week before which I was hoping to lose again quickly. The topic of the day was not letting the scale rule our attitude. We know before we step on the scale how we did that week and no matter what it says (i.e. gives us a loss or gain we didn't deserve) we need to concentrate on what we feel. It was interesting. The funniest part was that she didn't let us look at our weight until the end of the meeting and so many people were so anxious about it.

After dinner last night I updated my web page with our engagement photo and some of my favorite pictures I'd already scanned in. If you'd like to see it's: www.eskimo.com/~dms

LBH - How did the second WI go? We all have our trigger foods that we can't seem to control, don't beat yourself up too much about it, just realize the problem and move on. For me it's chips, even though I'm better than I used to be, I still have a hard time passing them up.

Terri - Hope you're house works out for you . Have fun at your family reunion.

Rabbit - Glad you're back on track . Now it's my turn.

RR - A week from Friday . Wow that is so close, you'll be in Paris before you know it. Hope all the last minute details aren't driving you nuts.

Everyone else - Hope you're having a great week.

- Tech
Old 05-02-2001, 11:04 AM   #7  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning everyone...

Ok, it's not good - I woke up with a sore throat, headachey and dizzy... I haven't had a cold in 8 years so this had BETTER be just allergies. On the good side I suddenly have no appetite - but that could be because of the next bit of info...

Last night I got a call from my best friend in CA. One of our friend's has had cancer for awhile (actually her 3rd or 4th bout) and her husband called to inform us that she's been in and out of consciousness for a full day and she could pass at any time. I knew this was coming but it's still such a huge shock and I'm horribly sad today. The waiting to hear something is awful.
She and I had a wonderful visit while I was in CA and I knew that she was making an effort to be "well" while I was there so we could get some quality visiting in. I'm beyond words that we had that time together.
Because of my beliefs I'm against wishing her health without her permission (which I know she doesn't want - she's said she's ready to go), but it's impossible for me to wish an end to her pain (selfish I know). Just keep her in your thoughts if you would.

Can't say much is gonna get accomplished today....

Terri
Old 05-03-2001, 10:02 AM   #8  
LBH

Hi All,

OK, I had a really bad day yesterday, I fell completely off the wagon emotionally and eating. Things went from bad to worse here yesterday. Last week I found out that my job is moving to Cary, NC, where my new boss is based. Since I am not relocating, I'm out of a job. But, the Sr. VP and Office Mgr. love me, so they were gonna create something for me. In the meantime, another admin, who works on a study, is moving to the programming dept., so they have an opening and decided that they're putting me there, since they have that need now. But they said they'd keep looking for the exec. asst. position I told them I wanted. I told them I did not want to be a study admin at all, but that I would make an honest effort to make the best of it, until they can get me an exec. position. I know this doesn't sound like a bad situation, especially since they didn't just say, see ya', but I guess I'm PMSing early, and I'm upset that my boss felt I was soo disposable that I was available immediately to move to the new position as of Monday! I really felt like crap yesterday. Of course I found all this out in the AM, so I had to deal with it the rest of the day, and all I wanted to do was go home and cry. Fast Forward to when I did go home...I walked into the apartment and into the bedroom and found that my 20" TV that Jim put on the wall mount that he installed Saturday, flew off and smashed on the bedroom floor!! the whole back was cracked and the insides were rattling around. Thank God it fell on a pile of clothes I had on the floor (waiting to be washed!) Otherwise there would've been glass everywhere! The screen did not break, but the TV was destroyed. I mean, I paid $199.00, 5 yrs. ago for it, but that's $199.00 we don't need to be spending right now. Thank God there was not more broken, the VCR, which was also on the mount, was fine, the cable box was fine, my heart shaped Lenox clock that I got as a shower present was fine...surprisingly, since it was knocked over. And Thank God Zeus (the cat) was not laying in that pile of clothes!!

Anyway, I am trying to have a better attitude today, and make the best of it. All my people are out of town, so it's just me here, as usual! I will try to stay busy and not think about the change coming Monday.

Terri- Despite my issues, I am keeping your friend in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's hard to let go, but you have to just put things in God's hands and trust that he wouldn't give you or your friend anything he didn't think you couldn't handle. Your friend has made peace with things, and just feel soo blessed that you had that time together. You will remember that forever, and I'm sure that's how she wants you to remember her...the good times more than the sick times.

Tech - It seems like everytime I go to my mom's house to get more stuff, I throw out bags and bags of garbage!! Makes me feel like I must've been living in a junk yard!! Congrats on the loss...you'll get rid of the rest! Great pics too!! I did not weigh in again Tuesday AM...forgot to, so I will just accept the 4 lb. gain, and hope for a better weigh in next Monday...although after yesterday, who knows?!

OK, time to get busy!
Old 05-03-2001, 11:26 AM   #9  

Hi all. Had a minute to check in. Tonight I weigh in and face the last couple of weeks damage. Just wish I could stay good all of the time . . .

Tech - congrats on the loss.

Punkin - so so sorry about your friend.

Lauren - sorry you had such a bad day.

later -Rabbit
Old 05-03-2001, 04:59 PM   #10  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! Sorry I haven't been around lately. Things have been really busy here.

Thanks for all the kind words for my cat. She's OK for now, but we were told that it wouldn't last. I just hope I can make the right decision at the right time and not prolong her suffering selfishly.

Terri: I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I know it must be hard to loose someone like that and to have to wait to hear. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

RR: Wow, it's so close now. Hope everything goes smoothly for you!!

Lauren: Whoa!! We have one of those mount things and so far, everything has been fine. We had a 32" TV up there for awhile but we've changed to a smaller one now. Sorry about the job. I know you must feel like your boss is kicking you out........maybe he/she is just giving you a head start because they don't want to hold you back. ( ). Maybe you will LOVE the other job!!

Tech: great pics!!!!

Gotta go to school. Have a great nite all!!
Old 05-04-2001, 09:19 AM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, yesterday was a little better emotionally...I just listened to a song that I know makes me cry on the way to meet my friend for lunch and I bawled the whole way there. We talked a little at lunch about jobs. I think I got it all out because I listened to the song on the way back to work and didn't cry. I think I am just intimidated by starting something new that I'm not familiar with. I just don't like change. Found out that they won't be moving me until Wednesday though...I think that's only physically though, I will probably be starting the new job Monday. Of course my current boss decided to use me as much as she could yesterday, and gave me about a 1000 things to do. You know I wanted to tell her to f-off, but I didn't, don't wanna burn bridges.

Karen - Glad the kitty's temporarily better. Sounds like you have the right attitude, and will make the right decision. How's school going? Jim took pics of the wall and we're gonna go to Home Depot and show them the mount and try to contact the company about it, and see if they'll at least contribute towards a new TV. I mean, we followed their instructions!!

Rabbit- Hope WI was OK!

Have a great day all!
Old 05-04-2001, 01:37 PM   #12  
Donna

Default TGIF!!!

Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a great weekend.

Nothing on the agenda for me except continuing to try to organize the sh*t in my house. I guess people need to be able to see the floor and walls, before they decide to buy . I've made an apt to have the realtor over next Thursday. K's out of town in training next week so it's just me and the dogs and cat for the week.

I just want to say that 83 F is way to hot for the 3rd of May. I felt like I was dying, but I refused to turn on the air because it was only May. Oh well it's supposed to cool off more towards normal this weekend .

LBH - Chin up girl! (I know I hate it when people say things like that to me when I'm down) But really I've discovered that sometimes these things work out for the best. Try not to take it to personally, I know that's easier said than done, but this to shall pass. I noticed that Journey is coming here in July. Brings back those high school memories (although I listened to mostly country back then).

KarenK - Glad your cat's doing better. Don't worry I'm sure you'll make the right decision when the time comes.

Rabbit - Welcome Back! How did WI go?

Punkin - Sorry to hear about your friend that has to be really hard. Are you feeling better?

Until Later,
Tech
Old 05-04-2001, 03:55 PM   #13  
Is it Friday yet?

It's finally Friday.....

Well, I'm going to miss my family reunion. I don't trust myself to drive the 10 hours to get there - ya know how your head kinda spins when you're sick? Yea, I got that... Going out yesterday to buy Nyquil was dangerous. So, I rented a few movies while I was out and in exactly 10 minutes I'm shutting off our work phones and "going home" (my office is IN my house) early...

My friend is still hanging in there. Her husband did mouth to mouth twice Wednesday night to keep her breathing. Seems the problem is only while she's sleeping (which right now, is quite often). I called to talk to her yesterday and heard her say she wanted to talk to me, then heard her husband calling her name - she was out again. So, at least she knows I called. He said he would have her call me when she could. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.

Well, 4 more minutes now... time to go. Have a good weekend everyone!

Terri
Old 05-04-2001, 04:07 PM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

OK, did not get off on the right foot eating today, looks like eggbeaters for dinner for me!! I sooo need to get out of here today! Think I will be hitting the road very shortly.

Tech- I agree with you on the hot weather, it's been scorching hot here all week, in the high 80's! I like the warm, but give me a little Spring first!! Give me a month or two of 60-75 degree weather, then maybe in June let the 80's come!! And I don't want to know about 90's until August!! It's supposed to hit close to 90 today...did not go out at lunch, so I don't know if it made it...hope not!

Did any of you ever see that picture, it's been on t-shirts and such, and it shows how to tell the temperature by the way your cat is laying down?! The smaller the ball, the colder it is, and by the time it's 90 degrees, the cat is stretched about 3 ft. long?! LOL, my cat finally started taking naps in his little bed I bought him a couple years ago. Yesterday I came home and he was in it, kind of curled up, but with his head hanging off the side. Then he stepped out of it, stretching as he went, and ended up laying down on the carpet, with his feet and tail still in the bed, like he fell out or something. it was like, nah, I'm too tired yet... This AM, he was stretched out half way across the bed I think!!

Terri- Glad you got to talk to your friend, or at least hear her. Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Going to BJ's to price TVs tonight. Have a great evening all!
Old 05-04-2001, 11:59 PM   #15  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!
Just got back from my rehersal supper.. MY mom cried and that made me more and more nervous..IT was a success..It is strange though--Refman has a family that is sort of stand offish and I have the typical Southern family that kisses and hugs.. His mom I think was sort of off balance with the touching!!!The preacher is soo cool about things and kept us in stitches esp when I was shaky at times..and red faced..#1 is gonna walk and stand as a bridesmaid but #2..well I will wait on that one!!SHe was good at running around!!!*L*
One more week--I hope I have everything done..I am proud cuz it is still under $3000 even with spending $1000 on catering the food.I am getting really stressed at this point!!!

Food wise=too nervous to eat...I had pickles and pudding today--the rumors were flying that the wedding was too late..
My brain is too weird to respond to everyone..soo I will have to respond later!!!
Have a great evening!!!
Vicki
Closed Thread