Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #31  

Sorry I didn't get in here yesteday but Fortune has been really sick. I had to sit up with him all night last night and took him to the vet first thing this morning. He got an antibiotic shot, a dose of some stuff sort of like Maalox and is on 10 days of a full pill of Flagyl. It must be bad because he has taken only half pills before. I had to shove it down his throat as he wouldn't take it in food. He has lost another lb and is down to 9 lbs now and should be closer to 12. I am hoping he will eat a bit tomorrow. I am not going to press the issue today. I have also decided to quit using his water bowel and use a glass one that I can put in the dishwasher every day. I need to cut down on bacteria as much as possible.

I am so pooped that it has given me a horrible headache. I told Jack I was going to bed really early tonight. Hopefully being full of meds, Fortune will sleep through the night tonight. I sure felt sorry for him last night, but I am not young anymore and having to sit up all night with him and constantly clean him up when he had accidents took its toll for sure.

I have to leave in a little over an hour to go get Jack from work and run a couple errands on the way home, then it is dinner and cleanup and that's it for me.

Jean: Nothing lasts anymore and when you go to have it repaired these days, it costs more than the thing was worth in the first place. Somebody somewhere is getting rich I think. I am still irked at paying $50 for a stupid oil change! That cream shows up on the Walgreen website, but I keep forgetting to order some and try it. I haven't looked for it anywhere here in town though.

We got Jacks tshirts, my shorts, capris and bras yesterday so today all I am waiting for is the water shoes. I wanted purple but they didn't have them in my size so had to buy this loud peach color. I just hope they work for walking into the ocean. I can't stand walking on the ocean floor, it creeps me out even though in the islands the water is crystal clear so you can see the bottom for quite a ways out. It just creeps me out though. You are supposed to be able to wear them in pools too. They have good gripping rubber bottoms it looks like. I bought 2 pr of shorts at Walmart which fit with room, which was cool and a pair of capris from Target, which fit and were a size smaller, which is way cool.

Well girls, I am going to go and sit in the recliner and read until I have to go get Jack. Have a great day, all. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #32  

This thread is closed. Please go to Steel Magnolias #54.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote