South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default In need of support - again . . .

Dear All -

Many things are still amazing in my life: great husband, great kids.

The not-so-amazing things I choose not to validate by writing them down: first world problems, as I like to say. However, they seem to have really taken over. I want to get back on track, and I know the only way to do that is to START SOMETHING. But the days go by, and I have not.

Today I hit baby delivery weight from 13 years ago. Whoa. So, I turn back to all of you for support and accountability. South Beach works for me; I know it will again, and I know the self-recrimination for letting it get like this is not helpful. Just can't quite turn it off.

So, please remind me that it does not matter that I didn't start before, just that I start.
And today looks like a good day to start. Well, ok - technically I already had waffles for breakfast, but I better not choose to let that be a reason not to start now - it will be yet another excuse.

Hope to see you all daily -
ultimatebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/263/175

Height: 5'6"

bea,
You know, if you look back instead of forward, you'll never get anywhere! Forget the waffles and look to planning the rest of the week! Good luck
Funny you should need support... I do too! I have been craving sweets all day. The only change to my diet yesterday was having an artificially sweetened drink mix. Would that cause cravings?
Chilibean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Bea -

Today starts a new day, a new life. Hop back on!!! We're all here!

(and we've been there!)

Jenn
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Bea so glad you are here with us again. Keep checking in, it truly helps. Everyone here needs support at times. Also, it is so important to celebrate little successes in your journey. Not just the weightless, but positive changes you see in yourself. I took CyndiM's grateful jar idea. I put little notes in it throughout the year of positive things either I've done or just things that make me happy. Today, despite being completely stressed and anxious I resisted eating crap (fast food) and waited until I finally got home to eat. Eating leftovers, that I made, actually made me happy. The "old" me would have driven right to a window and chowed down on any numbered meal. We are all here for each other. I truly believe it is almost impossible to lose weight and keep it off without a support group that may or may not be your family and friends. Especially when your support group faces similar struggles too Don't beat yourself up instead pat yourself on the back for picking yourself and coming back
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Oh the shoulda, woulda, coulda thoughts that I've had! You are so not alone. In your struggles or as you move forward.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Been there as well, I finally fessed up back in January to myself and my ticker how far I had back tracked and started the journey again of going downward. I have lost 29 lbs so far this year and am hopeful that I will be at my goal for this year of 50 lbs by December 31st. This group is what keeps me on track and holds me accountable to myself just by reading their posts.

We know you can do it.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back!