Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 07:43 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 7/24/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #2  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Good morning everyone!! I was waiting for the thread to be started because i'm so excited i am officially down 35 pounds today!!! I'm so psyched & wanted to share with everyone. If anyone has any doubts about this plan, DON'T GIVE UP!! it really works!!! The last few weeks, my losses had slowed a good bit. And i realized there were little things i was doing wrong, like letting restaurants leave the cheese on my salad, or snacking on sunflower seeds. I thought I could get away with these things, but my body said 'no way jose!' So since last thursday, i've completely reined myself in, and i've lost 4 pounds since then. Keep your head right, keep your pantry right, and it will be the easiest program ever!! Thanks to all the biggest losers around here for all of your motivation! Happy Hump Day!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #3  
IP Start Date 7/25/13

S/C/G: 193/185/136

Height: 5'6"

Eguarantee, fantastic news!

I guess I should introduce myself a little, I'm here because I have gained over 60 lbs in the last year and I want to get rid of it. I had my first appointment with my coach yesterday and I can already tell I'm going to love her support.

Right now I'm chomping on a herb & cheese omelet with 1 cup of spinach/mushrooms. I think the most difficult thing for me is going to be giving up Diet Dr. Pepper. I love the stuff.

Happy Wednesday!
Poptartin
Old 07-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning!!

Last night I attempted IP friendly cabbage rolls (I have never made cabbage rolls in my life). Besides forgetting to add garlic and other spices to the tomato sauce, they actually turned out pretty good. Even my husband didn't complain. I thought that my biggest challenge would be coming up with dinners he would like as well, rather than cooking us two separate dishes every night, but so far he has been a great sport.

Second weigh-in is tomorrow morning. Can't wait! And the humidity is GONE!

Hope every has a great IP day!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Awesome news everyone! Can't wait to hear Susie! I was psyched today because although I was up a tiny bit due to TOM, I then moved things along and felt sooo much better. Then the dog and I did our daily route that normally takes an hour and 10-15 minutes in under an hour. We were able to run the last mile! So excited to have the energy to do that! I just kept thinking " burn that butt, burn that fat" lol. Here's to a great Wednesday!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #6  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good Morning!!

Last night I attempted IP friendly cabbage rolls (I have never made cabbage rolls in my life). Besides forgetting to add garlic and other spices to the tomato sauce, they actually turned out pretty good. Even my husband didn't complain. I thought that my biggest challenge would be coming up with dinners he would like as well, rather than cooking us two separate dishes every night, but so far he has been a great sport.

Second weigh-in is tomorrow morning. Can't wait! And the humidity is GONE!

Hope every has a great IP day!
Congrats on the successful recipe!! What I usually do for dinners for my boyfriend & I is we eat the same meat, sometimes i'll put some breading or cheese on his, but he likes how I season chicken breasts or pork chops. Then I make my veggies, and i'll make him his own sides, like potatoes, mac & cheese, baked beans... those kinds of things. That way, it's simple enough to where I can cook him what he likes without going out of my way too much, and we both get what we want! It has definitely been the best way to make this plan work for me!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199/174/135

Smile Best diet ever

Hi folks,
this has been a great website, I have been on IP for about 6 weeks now and lost about 25lbs. I started out with a coach but because of cost had to go on my own. so far it has been going great, this website definitely helps me finding ideas on recipes and such. I have another 40 to go but haven't felt this great on a diet ever. Ebay has been a great place to buy my products.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Yeah, that's what I have been trying to do. Last night I made him garlic bread as a side and put fresh parmesan cheese on his dinner.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #9  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptartin View Post
Eguarantee, fantastic news!

I guess I should introduce myself a little, I'm here because I have gained over 60 lbs in the last year and I want to get rid of it. I had my first appointment with my coach yesterday and I can already tell I'm going to love her support.

Right now I'm chomping on a herb & cheese omelet with 1 cup of spinach/mushrooms. I think the most difficult thing for me is going to be giving up Diet Dr. Pepper. I love the stuff.

Happy Wednesday!
Poptartin
Hey, I understand the pop addiction...mine was diet coke. Haven't had a sip in over 5 weeks since starting IP with alternatives. I visualize all the water I'm drinking as positive energy and that a pop would be dark ugly energy dragging me down. YOU CAN DO IT!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

This is my 2nd week on IP. First week I lost 5 lbs 9 1/2 inches. I'm miserable. I have stuck with it, even during birthday parties with cake, fried chicken and potatoes. I just want something good to eat. Hopefully I'll feel better after my weigh in tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
This is my 2nd week on IP. First week I lost 5 lbs 9 1/2 inches. I'm miserable. I have stuck with it, even during birthday parties with cake, fried chicken and potatoes. I just want something good to eat. Hopefully I'll feel better after my weigh in tomorrow.
HOLY COW!!! you lost 9.5 inches??? Already...?
How long did it take to add that to your figure??? Patience and Quality of life...work on focusing on those Ps and Qs for a while! You will start to enjoy the journey!
Best-
kathie
Old 07-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
Don't give up! You will get used to it, and when you start seeing the progress, you will not even want those things. Just tell yourself that it is only temporary, and you will be able to have these things in the future. It is hard now, it does get easier and it is worth it. You will see!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #13  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Morning all! Made a big booboo this AM and forgot to pack my afternoon IP snack. Since this is when I usually eat my restricted food, I sort of freaked out. Wasn't able to find any bars that I thought were a suitable alternative, so I got some EAS shakes instead. Have definitely learned my lesson though and will be keeping a few things on hand at the office, in case of emergency, from now on.

Second weigh-in tomorrow! Can't wait!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

You know the saying "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"? I'm at the point of no food is worth staying fat for. And I'm so excited about that! Last time I did the diet I struggled a lot with the food I couldn't have. This time I'm so good to go. I've been on two months and not one cheat, no desire to cheat even. Now I'm 14lbs from a healthy BMI!! My DH has his class reunion at the end of September, I'm pretty positive I can get those 14 lbs off by then, hopefully a little (a lot!) more!

Since I have 3 kids and a husband I'm supposed to be cooking for, Monday I made a bunch of freezer meals. I made 3 chicken pot pies, 1 taco pie they ate right away, 7 casseroles, granola bars, cinnamon rolls and homemade poptarts. I also recently started making my own bread and tortillas for them too. And I haven't even tasted any of it. I want my family to eat better, less processed foods and I still really enjoy cooking! I just don't always have time with my photography to get everything done. And I'm not even close to as busy as I want to be!

Don't give up on the diet! It works! It's hard at first, it really is but try and think of all the things you'll be able to do instead of the things you can't eat. I remember when someone told me that food was just fuel I got all upset. I want it to taste good! Of course it can taste good but the end all be all in our lives doesn't need to be food.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Morning all! Made a big booboo this AM and forgot to pack my afternoon IP snack. Since this is when I usually eat my restricted food, I sort of freaked out. Wasn't able to find any bars that I thought were a suitable alternative, so I got some EAS shakes instead. Have definitely learned my lesson though and will be keeping a few things on hand at the office, in case of emergency, from now on.

Second weigh-in tomorrow! Can't wait!
You are doing awesome! Great recovery! I have looked and looked and there just aren't any bars in the grocery store that I would use. Luckily the GNC is right next to the grocer and they have Quest bars. RTDs are great to have around. I know others have made similar potions lol, but today I added WF chocolate sauce to my wild berry yogurt smoothie at lunch and OMGoodness! And it made it blend better. I am in love lol. Maybe keeping a box of that and a bottle of the sauce at work might be a good backup. I have trouble remembering to bring my shaker with me! Good luck tomorrow!
Closed Thread