Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/182/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Life keeps working against me

The title is a bit dramatic, but sometimes it feels like it. A whileback my husband and I started the couch to 5k. We finished the first week strong but I got injured at work. We had an autistic boy at my daycare who was violent when upset. His last day in care he gave me a parting gift by jumping onto the side of my shin while I was sitting on the floor withe babies. For about a week and a half I could barely put weight on my leg and it bruised horribly. When the pain finally went away I got a summer cold that lingered for two weeks. Being out for so long I lost my initial motivation and feel like what's the point? So today I started up something different. I rode my bike to work. I live just over a mile away. I was exhausted by the time I got to work. Riding the bike it so hard!! Half the ride is up a really steep hill so I had to walk half of it. The way home is all downhill but I feel like such a wimp.h having so much trouble riding my bike.
Fantasyfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #2  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

i don't think your title is dramatic!

would it help to start with baby steps?

a teacher once recommended to me thinking about the advice the stewards give in airplanes in case of a crash: put the face mask on yourself first. make sure that 'you' have air coming in. that wisdom has stayed with me. I also try to frequently assess and reflect on how i might be/or if I am giving my power away in various situations.
are there ways to take baby steps towards that free flow of air?

Last edited by Annik; 07-23-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:29 AM   #3  

We all get bucked off every once in a while due to daily circumstances--just get back on that horse and learn to ride it. Don't give up on yourself--when everything seems be going against you. Your health is more important that anything else--and it's something that money can't buy nor cure.

Last edited by Kscott; 07-24-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/182/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you
Fantasyfreakazoid is offline   Reply With Quote