South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 04:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default SBD Chat, Tuesday July 23

Good morning hopefully Ruth and Linda did not stay up too late

Had a nice surprise when I got home. My neighbor's daughter made zucchini bread. Yummy!!!! She has become a vegetarian so I shared some of our monster zucchinis with her.

Finally we have rain and hopefully a break in the humidity. Busy week, but the reward is vacation whoo hoo. How's everyone's day looking?
Old 07-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Chat, Tuesday July 23

Good Morning

Jennifer actually started the Tuesday chat from her phone (on the train) and attached it to yesterdays so I'll just start it up again.

Jennifer, I hate when that happens, too, but thanks anyway!

I'm working out the niggles this morning. After being a bit indecisive we've decided to pack the vitamix in our carry on for morning smoothies. It's a lifeline for both of us so why not!

I was pretty tired when I first got up but am feeling better now.

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie and Jennifer! Let's hope they don't find some reason to confiscate your vitamix Debbie . I understand wanting to bring it with you!

Mmmmmm, zucchini bread. I am bad at controlling myself on those!

Yesterday wound up taking way more time at work than I expected. It was a pleasant day though - got lots of errands done, rented a Wii game for the kids they loved (wipe out 3?), and to the library for more books. We are so lucky to have such an awesome library here!

Today is just a long day of work, nothing too exciting.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooooohhh, I hope Linda made it okay, and she and Ruth are having a great time! Think of us, ladies!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning!

Linda and Ruth- Have a wonderful visit ladies!

Twynn- I'm jealous of your library! Ours is big...ish... but it's mostly kids books or books on Ohio.

Debbie- Safe travels! I hope you can sneak your vitamix in, you naughty thing!

I have a phone interview this morning at some point (he didn't tell me a definite time, hence why I'm up so early.) I don't even remember applying to this company in particular, but who cares?!

The scale was my friend this morning, so I'm definitely looking forward to a day OP. I never did go to the grocery store yesterday, which I need to do. My remaining pre-packaged salad was "Best By" July 11. So... yeah. Ick.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

penmage, good luck with your interview!

Twynn, happy boring work day (I hope) In Alaska, it was always at least 11pm on a weekend when one of the pups would chase the porcupine and I always hated making "the call".

It seems I am turning into a "goofer-offer" here...the stuff left on my list can't be finished until later (boarding passes...call library). I did just have a lightbulb moment remembering that luggage DOES get lost at the most inopportune times. I pulled my wedding dress/undergarments/shoes out of the check in luggage and will carry on. Thinking it through, I'd rather be safe than sorry and just do not want to even think about having to comeup with another outfit, etc, at walmartt or a thrift store. (I would not post pictures)

Ok, it must be time for more coffee.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning to the early chicks! I can't say I envy Jennifer in any way, getting up so early to catch the train. I'd be posting the wrong day (or worse) constantly.

Not sure what the day holds; probably checking on my garden, reading, maybe a little cleaning. Isn't my life exciting?

Good luck on the phone interview, penmage.
Linda and Ruth, have a great time.
Twynn, look at it this way, sometimes "exciting" is NOT what you want.
Debbie, sounds like you are top notch at planning and organization.

To all the chicks to come: may your coffee cup be full and your day be a great one!

Last edited by Beth19; 07-23-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from Delta where the population is now 301! Linda arrived before 6 and was greeted by two very happy dogs. She and Jazz just had a cuddle session on the couch and she's headed off to the shower. We've had coffee and I'm trying to think of something great for breakfast. (I forgot to get ww English muffins yesterday.)

I've no idea what's on for the rest of the day but I'm sure we'll think of something.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I had a rough night thanks to horrible itching from mosquito bites. How ironic that I was hardly bitten in Alaska (thanks to tons of deet) and those bites quickly faded away... only to be bitten 4 times my second day home and to have those bites be sooooo uncomfortable. I wish I'd remembered earlier that I bought a ton of Zyrtek for the trip. Just took one.

Off to my second physical therapy session for my pinched nerve. I managed to do the exercises while on vacation. It seems improved but I don't know if that's the stretching or being on vacation so away from the computer which is when it most bothers me.

Errands to run.

Have a great one.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's dark and rainy here and my brain thinks it is earlier than it is. Oops. I really need to switch to work brain but had to drop in for a minute first.

Ruth & Linda - glad the drive is done and you are enjoying a Delta breakfast.

I'll try to get back in here this afternoon.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Jekel hopefully the week will go by fast for you.

Debbie that is great planning, my luggage has been lost before so frustrating

Twynn enjoy your day, your library sounds much better than ours but ours is not too bad

Penmage good luck on the interveiw

Beth, Cyndi, Karen, Ruth and Cottage enjoy your day today.

I am running doing meetings all day, got my hair colored last night and getting it cut tomorrow night, it is kinda of nice not having to be anywhere in the evenings. I actually cleaned the bathroom as well last night and posted DS truck to get it sold since DH bought his new car and we have one too many vehicles parked around our house.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello. Hectic day at work due to our phone lines being FUBARed. Probably won't be on the next few days as, barring Armageddon, I plan on being at the beach! Have a good night, ladies!
Closed Thread