South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Monday July 22

Good Morning

I'm up working on projects that move me forward. I work at 7. I'm getting the pups pills sorted and now need to get them put into little meatballs so my mom can easily dispense. My good news is that I relocated our travel info and we leave Denver at 7:45 am on Wednesday....I had it in my mind it was 6 or 630. That gives us an extra hour that morning which will be very helpful.

Food has been OP and I'm happy to be at ticker weight. My clothes all fit and I feel good....all the benefits of following SBD.

Karen, welcome back!

Jenne, best wishes for your dr. appt. today!

everyone else!

Back to chores....

What's on your agenda today? Stop and chat
Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for cranking us up, Debbie. You sound very organized and on track for your departure.

On my agenda today is to do all the things I should have done over the weekend and didn't! I must be the world's best procrastinator and a champion goofer-offer. In about 12 hours, Linda will be here - good thing she's coming to see me, not my house.

Lately I've been working too darn hard and am finally starting to get my priorities straight. I took some beans to my neighbour yesterday around 3 and ended up spending two hours enjoying her deck and chatting. I realized we've been neighbours for years and have never done that. I need to smarten up!

So this morning I'll have breakfast with Donna who goes away tomorrow - not a fun trip but being with her sister who is having a serious operation. I think that takes priority over ironing sheets for Linda's visit! Just kidding about the ironing, of course, although I may clean the bathroom sink.

The Fair is getting ready to crank up. All the rides came in last night and are in place at the Fairgrounds. The workers (never call them carnies!) will probably take today as a day of rest and start assembling things tomorrow. I do have to go over there later to check a repair job in the exhibition hall - apparently somebody on the second floor had a tap on when the power went off on Saturday and didn't turn it off. When the power came back at 8 on Saturday night, the water began to flow and soaked through the floor taking the first floor ceiling tiles with it. Big mess and a rush repair job happening today since displays are coming in tomorrow.

Guess I'd better get cranking up the day since I have a very important visitor arriving for dinner.

Happy Monday!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Good morning, Ruth! What an exciting day! I'm wondering what's for dinner? Have a good one....I'm still chuckling at "goofer-offer". I'm grateful that I'm continuing to self-learn at the organization stuff. Life just keeps getting busier for me and it's seeming the only way for me to cope. Have a great day and safe travels to Linda.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Up and at 'em, I guess I'm thinking about another "short" week because Wednesday looks like a 14 hour day. I think I'm finally getting the balance thing down now that I'm at 80%. For now I've got work, work. work and planning for our second annual women's camping weekend. My DD is coming up from Boston again and we want to do something for her. It's just two weeks before her wedding.

Linda - safe travels.

Debbie - I really want to be like you when I grow up. You are so organized and good at planning. I'm awful at that and always seem to be catching up.

Ruth - So glad you are taking time to just enjoy.

Jenn - Good luck at the docs today. Hope there's improvement, decreased meds, and more good news.

OKay, time to get the SO to work then I need to start planning my work week. Off to Monday we go

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-22-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am planning Moules Mariniere with toasted bread from our Mill flour and maybe a salad - and wine, of course! I totally understand about life getting busier. I seem to be constantly falling behind and need to prioritize better.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning you two!

Debbie, sounds like you have everything all organized for your trip on Wednesday, and I hope your mother has fun with the dogs while you're away.

Ruth, try not to wear yourself out today getting ready for me! I'm happy that the rides arrived and are being set up; I can't wait to take you on the roller coaster! I should be arriving around 6 or so, God willing.

I don't know if I'm more excited about my trip or Kate's baby arriving today!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

What a bunch of early birds today! Sounds like a there are lots of important things happening today.

I will echo the others and wish Jenne good news, Linda safe travels and a smooth day of work for Cyndi, Debbie and others. Ruth, how nice to look forward to a visitor.

Happy Monday all!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmm, I had to look up Ruth's recipe, that looks DEElicious! Take a nap this afternoon, Ruthie, so that you can stay up all night chatting! Linda, safe travels to you and have a fabulous time. i normally am not into the celebrity thing, but I gotta admit I'm interested to see if Kate's baby is a boy or girl!

Cyndi -that girls weekend always sounds fabulous.

Debbie - you ARE so organized! Maybe I can be like that someday again...

Beth - have a great day!

We had a fantastic time yesterday - someone at church excitedly offered to take us canoeing and fishing on a nearby river (he REALLY wanted to go!). DD caught 3 fish before we even got in the canoe! It was a blast. Then DD said, "look at the bald eagle", and we turned and there he was, taking off over the river...absolutely breathtaking. Gosh, I love living here! (I caught 11 fish, if you wanted to know )

Today is boring - work, DH is gone so I'm on my own tonight, groceries, etc. etc. Boring is good, right?!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Off to the gym today. Should be tough since I haven't done any strength training in over 2 weeks. Then some errands. Yesterday DH noticed atire was flat on the car I usually drive so need to take care of that too.

Have a great day.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sorry I have been MIA but I was enjoying the visit from my parents, they left yesterday morning.

Debbie glad you got some extra time before your flight

Jenn hope the you have great news at the doctors

Ruth and Cottage enjoy your time together how exciting.

to everyone else I am trying to get caught up at work.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 07-22-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies!

Nothing exciting going on today, just wanted to check in! Might head to Giant Eagle (grocery store) later. I went last night and they were out of the pre-packaged salad I wanted. Jerks.

I have changed my signature to reflect my ACCURATE re-gain. I lied about 5 pounds It comes on so easy, but takes forever to come off! Thank you hormones.

Jenne- good luck!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

all your luck worked ladies! Down to 40mg! Still a high dose but lower than 50mg! Not real improvement in the middle of the eye but the optic nerve looks better he said, YAY!

Thanks for all the good wishes!

Linda: Congrats on ticker weight!
Ruth: I like the title "goofer-offer!"
Cyndi: ohhh, a wedding!!! Fun! (or should that be fun?)
Cottage: enjoy baby watch!
Beth:
Tammy: sounds like an excellent adventure!
Karen: ugh, sounds like a draining Monday!
Pearl: happy Monday!
Penmage: Imma with you! I gained 15...took off 5 then, well yes, longer to take off

I am feeling VERY accomplished! Dr., coffee, returns at the mall - all done. Now onto laundry and, if the rain holds off, pool-time. If not, I am going to finish reading my book that I started by the pool yesterday. And job searching, of course.

Happy Monday!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:22 PM   #13  

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday everyone.
I have a busy day ahead, finally have a chance to clean up after fridays thunderstorm insanity... being without power/cable/internet and phone for 24 hours, yet I still couldn't manage to find time to clear all the fallen branches and other tree bits from the property.

Luckily its beautiful and kind of cool out today, so I wont sweat myself to death... wishing everyone a great day!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #14  
Samida

S/C/G: 215/212/175

Default hello!

Hi - I see from the "stats" that my last visit was 12-02-12 at 10:45AM. Boy - been a long time! After cycling through many diets and non-diets, looking for what best fits into my lifestyle and promotes weight loss, I am returning to SBD. I am on the fence about joining their website, but did so last year and if I remember correctly, there was nothing special about it that you couldn't get from the books (and the program which I know inside and out). The only thing I could think of would be the "community" but I like it here and am wondering how active the SBD community is here on this website. I see from the daily chat, which is actually current to today, that I might have answered my own question!

Well anyway - hello, and can anyone give insight to also joining SBD on-line?

Miriam
Old 07-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Hello Miriam & welcome back to the beach! This forum is a very active community full of absolutely wonderful ladies, you will enjoy it here.

I am not apart of the SBD on-line site, so I cant help you there.

Happy Monday
Closed Thread