Old 07-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #1  
Karlamac

S/C/G: 275/266/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Can I have a cheat day??

Hi! I am going into my 3rd week and I am down 11 lbs and 11.5 inches and totally pleased with my results. For some reason the past few days though I have been up a few lbs, I know i have not done anything i shouldn't have so I am guessing it is a little plateau. My question is that my daughter is getting married on 08/03 which will be going into my 5th week and it will be SO hard to not eat anything at all other than some veggies at her reception. How bad will be throw me off if i eat a few things and keep it in moderation? Thanks for your help
Karlamac1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #2  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

Treat yourself! There's no reason you can't. Should you go over board and eat 10 pieces of cake? I wouldn't recommend it. But can you have a small piece of cake after dinner? Absolutely! If you want to indulge at the reception, try to keep your calories down earlier in the day. That way you have some to spare for your treat that night.
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 349/263/150

Height: 5'4

Just be prepared - if you cheat it throws you out of ketosis. It takes 3 days to get back to fat burning. And I find I gain a lot when I cheat, so it takes a week for me to get back to where I was before the cheat. But when I cheat it is not usually just one small piece of cake. LOL
notquittingthistime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #4  

I have been on maintenance over 3 years and I made up my mind when I started this diet, I was not going to cheat, and as hard as that was, I did not.

Any time I went to an affair, there was always protein, veggies, and fruit I could have so I did not have to cheat. If there was not, I always had a bar with me to eat when I left, or I would make to do.

If you did cheat, say you had a good time, and go on. Don't beat yourself up over it..

Just be prepared if you allow yourself cheat days, you have to pay the piper , but the choice is yours.

I was told by a counselor that if you say I will just cheat this one time, it is an excuse to go back to your old ways..

I started this diet with three friends in different parts of country. Three of us made it to maintenance, as we did not cheat, the other two did not.

I wish you the best in your weight challenge. Participate in the monthly forum you will have some good support and motivation there.

If I can ever help you, please feel free to ask.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 08-01-2013 at 09:37 AM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote