General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275.4/258.6/200

Height: 5'1"

Default Rant or Confess, no judgement here!

I was reading through older posts and I realize that many of us have a sister, friend, co-worker, counsin, etc that we compare ourselves to or that we resent or are jealous of for their size or shape. Lets get it out!

My sister had weight loss surgery. Then she had a full body lift and breast implants. She loves to talk to me about other women who are "fat", "oh god, you should see Lola, she is getting so fat, 30 lbs overweight now, she has those fat smile lines on her face now." so I look in the mirror, I am MORE than 30 lbs overweight, I have those lines. I tell her. She will respond "oh, don't worry about you, you're healthy... but so and so ...blah blah blah." I wanna smack her! She thinks she is so pretty. She loves to say "I am the cute one."

My sweet 16 yo nephew told me that when I pick him up from school, the kids think I am his Mom. Once she picked him up, she let him drive home, the next day someone said to him "Sid, you are a sweet kid, you drive your Gram around!".... they thought she was his gram!
NJChick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

I wasn't looking for a thread like this but PERFECT timing.

I've been working on this journey since September and have dropped roughly 40 lbs. My sister called after a doctors apt yesterday to rant to me about how disgusted with her self she was for gaining 24 lbs over the past year. While I understand that's not a good thing, that weight still puts her under what I currently weigh with all the work I've put in. She wanted sympathy that I wasn't willing to give. I've been overweight since I was a kid while she was the skinny cheerleader. I was secretly happy she had gained, gave her some perspective of what I've lived with forever. That makes me terrible, I know.
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #3  

I hear ya. Mine gains 5 lbs at TOM. Puuuuuuhhhhhleeeeeeeeeez haha

Last edited by NJChick78; 07-19-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

today it is rather hot outside 26C (for scotland thats tropical) and i was out for a little stroll and i saw a really (and i hate to say it) massively big guy in dark jeans and a black shirt struggling to walk to his car in the heat and my first thought was 'poor guy having to struggle like that, and then a smile came across my face as i thought 'im glad im not that bad'.
Ive felt terrible about it ever since. that was my confession.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #5  

Ok, how about those annoying people who TELL you how to lose weight? "Oh, no, you nee to add more/less/no/lots/little exercise" ... "you aren't drinking enough water" .... "you know what your problem with dieting is!" .... ugh, just shut up person, I need to do this my way!
Old 07-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

One of my husbands friends from high school lives a couple of hours away but is moving to the area and has a gf here, I had never seen pix of either of them and was meeting them for the first time yesterday to do dinner and a movie, I was soooo glad that both of them are slightly overweight too Mostly I think because I have felt so horrible about gaining back +/- 50lbs since october that I wasn't ready to feel judged by some new skinny-minnie no matter how cool my DH claimed she is.

Either way, they were both pretty awesome and I can see them both becoming friends.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #7  

pnkrckpixikat,

I know exactly what you mean. When I have to meet new people I prefer them to be obese. hahahah
Old 07-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #8  

I have been a size 6 to a size 20. I was biggest after each baby, including this one, but I've lost the weight each time. I spent my gradeschool years obese, my highschool and early 20s over weight, and finally got a nice, fit body after baby #2.

I absolutely hate that I know after I get back down to my size 6 and smaller this time since I dropped my goal from before this pregnancy (145) weight by 15 pounds (now 130), that people who did not know me when I was fat judge me and are annoyed by my fit body!

I was a runner before getting pregnant this time and for the first time I was toned and thin, and I got tired of getting the stink eye from *some* fat girls. It was really frustrating because I busted my a$$ and lost about 80 lbs to look like I did, and I don't feel I should get crapped on by someone who was not where I was fitness wise. Now that I'm fat, I'm am acceptable again, but I already said to hubby, as someone who spent most of my life at least over weight, I am not looking forward to the assumption that I am judging someone who is fat because I'm thin, or fat women that are disappointed I'm not fat too, so they give me an attitude. I found this out when I hit goal, and it sucked that by simply taking care of my body, I incidentally made other women feel bad about themselves and so they were annoyed at me for it.

Especially by people that have no clue that I struggled (and still do) with a binge/ starve eating disorder, and I walk a very fine line to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 07-21-2013 at 09:11 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 308 / See ticker / 200

Height: 5'4"

I'm not even sure this is the right thread for this but I had a guy Ive known for awhile who wanted to date but I politely declined and I've been nothing but nice and he exploded with "You're hellishly -bleepin- fat, incase you didn't know, which I'm sure you do." And I felt, awful.. depressed but when I think about it. He liked me no less than 24 hours ago and.. I like being a bigger girl. I would just like to be on the smaller end of bigger girl but I know I've never been thin and I probably wont be! But I just /hate/ that about some men how they instantly feel the need to point out how Im a bigger girl when they throw a tantrum. UGH. /endrant.
Saracandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/216/150

Height: 5'8"

My rant is about a friend of mine who's constantly telling me that she wants to lose weight, but won't listen to me at all. It's not that I'm offering unsolicited advice, it's just that she doesn't want to hear it. She refuses to educate herself on weight loss and how it works. I feel like I've explained the basics to her about a thousand times. Still, she persists in telling me, "I heard that to lose weight you can't eat white rice, so I'm switching to brown rice." Then, she's shocked when she doesn't drop weight by making this change. I tried to explain to her, "Yes, brown rice has more fiber, it fills you up longer, but the problem is HOW MANY CALORIES you're eating. Brown rice doesn't magically make you lose weight." I've talked to her about calories in/ calories out, but it's just in one ear and out the other, but any snippet of weird information she sees on the cover of a women's magazine, she remembers.

The other night, she invited me for dinner (which was very sweet). She served potatoes fried with a little spinach, brown rice, flat bread, and lentils, with cake for dessert. Almost no protein and a lot of carbs. Plus a ton of calories. But she thinks that because it doesn't have meat, it is practically diet food.

I don't care if she loses weight. I'm not trying to be pushy at all. But she's always talking about how she wants to have a baby and she needs to lose weight to conceive and how is she going to lose weight and such-and-such isn't working to lose weight. I know she drinks a lot of juice and a good amount of milky, sweet hot tea everyday (she made it for me once and it made my teeth shiver there was so much sugar in it). Sigh. At this point, I just smile and nod and tell her how much that sucks and don't try to offer any help.
MarjorieMargarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

I have a friend whom I love dearly, but she tries to coach me constantly about what diet is the best and what exercise is the best, etc. She spends countless dollars on books and exercise equipment, then it gathers dust in her home. When I see her she likes to talk about her past attempts at losing weight (she has several) where she lost 30+ pounds each time, and how it always worked. I don't have the nerve yet to tell her that the fad diets she did worked to lose the weight, but obviously not helping her keep it off. What's worse is that she likes to top off food on my plate, even though i just carefully measured things out, telling me "I should cheat now and then."

I did have a conversation to her about that...If I feel the need to "cheat" I will do it on my terms, not someone else's.
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #12  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffinlovin View Post
I have a friend whom I love dearly, but she tries to coach me constantly about what diet is the best and what exercise is the best, etc. She spends countless dollars on books and exercise equipment, then it gathers dust in her home. When I see her she likes to talk about her past attempts at losing weight (she has several) where she lost 30+ pounds each time, and how it always worked. I don't have the nerve yet to tell her that the fad diets she did worked to lose the weight, but obviously not helping her keep it off. What's worse is that she likes to top off food on my plate, even though i just carefully measured things out, telling me "I should cheat now and then."

I did have a conversation to her about that...If I feel the need to "cheat" I will do it on my terms, not someone else's.
oohhh that just burns my buckets! I once had my BIL literally wave a mini candy bar under my nose(!!!) because I hadn't had any junk or birthday cake at a party and he said "I KNOW you want it!!"...W-T-F? ugh
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChick78 View Post
I was reading through older posts and I realize that many of us have a sister, friend, co-worker, counsin, etc that we compare ourselves to or that we resent or are jealous of for their size or shape. Lets get it out!

My sister had weight loss surgery. Then she had a full body lift and breast implants. She loves to talk to me about other women who are "fat", "oh god, you should see Lola, she is getting so fat, 30 lbs overweight now, she has those fat smile lines on her face now."
OMG this!!! ^^^ I was JUST wanting to post something along these lines. My cousin had weight loss surgery last Summer and since losing a bunch of weight, now talks about people (friends,family) behind their backs about how they should get off their fat arses and just walk or drink water because then they'd lose weight easily and how it's all in your mind...that if you want to lose the weight, you will I don't remember another family member being as rude as my cousin when she had her surgery, so I know it's not everyone who does this...but I have been livid at how insensitive my cousins been...especially since my weight loss has stalled and now I don't know if she's talking about me behind my back too!
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

Ugh!! X a million on the "you can cheat now and then". I started back to strictly tracking with ww online this past week. Even with a drinking birthday party this weekend, I tracked and stayed within my daily and weekly points allowance and am on day 7 of being binge free.

Anyhow, I walked into work Friday to 2 donuts on my desk even though I had told them the previous day that I didn't want one. Then my boss went on and on about how I'm not fat and I don't need to change for anyone. Excuse me? I'm not changing for anyone but myself. This isn't for boys. Its for me to feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm actually dealing with an all new set of anxieties related to the whole boys thing. I'd almost rather not have any attention at this point. I liked invisible me better.

Wow. That was all iver the place. Haha
KellinaKatrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

I compare myself to my boyfriend's ex a lot. I'm 5'3", 131-133 pounds and I'm still pretty thick/curvy. I'd rather be so much thinner... And there she is, no more than 5'2", if even that, and like 100 pounds... Long blonde hair, wears makeup, outgoing. /sigh
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote