General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #1  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Default What's the best part of your body?

all too often we have a tendency to put ourselves down and complain about our stomachs/thighs/arms ect, but what is your favourite part of your body? mine is my hair, it is really long (almost the bottom of my back), thick and curly, and my eyes are very dark brown, almost black. and I have very kissable lips haha . so whats your favourite part?
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

I love that this is a self-love post. I love my shoulders and my calves, both are really smooth and muscular. i also like my eyes and my cheeks - especially now that I've lost some weight.
Mission Fat to Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #3  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

The part that starts at the very top of my head and goes all the way down to the bottom of my feet.

I don't value some parts of me over other parts of me. It feels like the objectification of women to me.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #4  
Amazing Revelations

geoblewis, good for you, its great you feel that way. I didn't intend to 'objectify women' or insinuate that we are only as worthy as our appearance, I merely notice a lot of self loathing posts in this forum and wanted to hear about what members may like about how they look, rather than what they don't like. I am in no way saying that looks are important or a measure of our 'value', it was supposed to be a light hearted bit of fun. Supposed to be.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #5  

I don't think a thread where we get to think about what we like about our bodies, instead of nit picking the parts that we wish were smaller, more toned, leaner, etc etc is objectification at all!

I spend so much time thinking and talking about what I dont like and right now at my highest weight its almost hard to find something positive, so this is a nice opportunity to do so

I like my hands because they are petite and my shoulders for the same reason. Makes me feel femine even when everything else on me is BIG! lol I also like my hair, thick, dark and curly. I hated my hair when I was younger because my mother never cared for it properly but when I got old enough to care for it myself (style and products) I really started enjoying it. It nice not to list all the things I hate right now! oh and right now, I also love my huge baby belly!!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #6  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Oh, this is a great thread! I am thrilled that you're going in a positive direction with this! And I did feel the light-hearted vibe.

I forgot to place the appropriate light-hearted emoticon in my post to let you know that I'm playing along too! Which is why I was so all-inclusive about my favorite parts...

I agree that there is too much of that stuff with women feeling low about themselves because of a dimple here, a wrinkle there, a stray chin hair (or a whole forest of them in my case ). Since I took a class in how women are portrayed in the media I've been rather loud about how we are attacked, broken down into body parts and made to feel less-than just to manipulate us into buying products. That just pisses me off!

So, I do recognize that we can love ourselves as a whole person, even our imperfect bodies, and really like how some parts of us really shine. Like, for me, despite my genes lending themselves to producing more than my fair share of chin hair, the hair on top of my head is lustrous, thick and beautiful without a lot of maintenance. And I feel blessed. And I have grown to love the expanse of my backside, despite how others think it should look, and even though it takes up a lot of space in an airline seat. I mean, really, it's quite perky for something so...generous! I do a lot of squats every day just to maintain it!

Carry on!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #7  
Amazing Revelations

Glamourgirl- shoulders are another part for me, I have the same thing as you where no matter my weight my shoulders stay quite feminine. And awwwww on the baby belly! 2 of my friends are around 5 months pregnant just now and just starting to 'show', they are utterly gorgeous, mainly because of the huge smiles they have when anyone mentions them being pregnant

geoblewis - haha I have a few chin hairs too but they are easily removed, and thick hair is definitely a bonus! a lot of my work friends use hair extensions, I feel very blessed that I do not need those and can style my hair how I choose without the hassle or cost of extensions. and great stuff on the booty!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh where to start

I have nice hair - it's not too thick or too thin. It's easy to style and I like the color (which is why I haven't caved and colored my grays)

I like my lips - they're full and a pretty shade. I never wear lipstick and rarely wear shaded lip gloss. Just a little carmex when they're dry!

I have big strong legs. And yes I do like them. They have been able to carry me on long runs and I have to like them for that.

I do like myself and really try NOT to talk bad to myself about myself. It doesnt help me at all and doesnt make weight loss easy.
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #9  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I like the color of my eyes and the shape of my lips. Other than that, there isn't much I'm happy with. Genetics are a /wonderful/ thing.

I have a large bone frame with broad shoulders. My hair is coarse, thick, and unruly. My skin is so pale (and it cannot tan) that I have pink splotches. I have a round face that makes me look fatter.

The only thing I have control over is my weight, so I'm going to do it.

Last edited by Psychic; 07-21-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #10  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I love this thread! I don't think it's objectifying women if we are just trying to find the best in ourselves.

I like that I have a small waist and larger hips...that may sound a little funny, but it makes me feel feminine.

Psychic - I like being pale...I do everything I can not to tan!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #11  

I like the fact that I'm tall and strong, and can do a lot of things many people can't. Even though I have large bones, my fingers and nail beds are long and it makes for fairly pretty hands.

I like my coloring and my hair, and I like that I'm fairly well-proportioned.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #12  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I like my hair, my hands and my feet
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #13  

omg on the topic of being pale, I love it now. I did not like it when I was a teen (I'm Irish and very fair with dark hair!) But as I'm aging, as long as I am taking care of my skin, I like that my fair skin has a youthful appearance. I am now grateful that I did not tan through my 20s.

Now as I am aging, I'm not looking it...and the friends of mine that spent years on the beach and salons tanning the crap out of their skin, the same ones that tried to get me to tan because I was "too pale" they are starting to look old, wrinkled, and have leathery skin!! We are in our early 30s, but I have one friend that looks a lot older thanks to dedicated tanning for much of her life...If you were born with fair skin, do not damage it by tanning!! And I'm not even going to get into what is does to your risk for skin cancers...

Psychis - don't even try to tan, you'll be soooo happy later in life!!!

** Before someone gets their panties in a twist over looking youthful as opposed to wrinkles and posts some long soap box post about how they have wrinkles and they are still beautiful, get off it, I'm not saying that wrinkles = ugly, the point I'm making is what tanning does to skin, and yes I like not being wrinkled at 32, as someday I will wrinkle when I'm supposed to and not prematurely due to tanning. There's always one person that will take a post like this get all defensive and use it to preach and blah blah, so I figured I'd nip that in the bud before it happened!!!

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 07-21-2013 at 01:05 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

My calves are rocking! I'm still overweight, but those puppies are ripped. It's the running, I know. My legs below the knee are amazing. I could flex my calf muscles all day and feel like a bada$$.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:15 PM   #15  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 361/351/300

Height: 5'2"

I love this thread. It made me really look at myself with new eyes. Instead of finding all the things I hate about my body, I got to find some things I love!

I love my eyes. They're the same piercing shade of blue as my dad's. I also love my nose... again, thanks to my dad.
I love my belly, albeit huge, because the stretchmarks remind me that I was lucky enough to experience one of the greatest feelings a woman can by carrying a living being inside of me.
I love my legs, (even though they're quite pudgy) they're short and these legs have helped me create some great memories whether it was the 11 years of softball, walking the sidewalks of my hometown, riding my bike with friends or roller skating with my dad... or running into my dad's lap as a child to watch WWF wrestling.
I need to look at myself in this light more often. It's quite empowering. <3
MamaApril is offline   Reply With Quote