South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, July 20-21

Good Morning

I'm heading downstairs for my first cup of coffee? Anybody want to come join me?

Work today for me.

Whats on your agenda today? Stop and say hi
Old 07-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie. I'd love to join you for coffee.

Our heat wave almost was smashed to death last night by major t-storms and tornado warnings. My power did stay on but there are lots of outages and trees down. The sound of chain-saws will start up soon. I need to check my tree line out back but the lane looks OK - I'm always worried about my car being murdered by a tree as happened during the Ice Storm.

Today is almost cool at a high of 85 and I'm ready for it. I have a group of friends meeting me at the Fair Hall at 9 to put up the school Fair entries on the wall - two tall friends and three shorties like me. We find that works better than messing around with ladders. Book club was postponed last night - trees were down blocking the scary road through the woods at the Lake - but is on tonight. It will be much more enjoyable now that it's cooler.

My special visitor is coming a day early! (I've not told the dogs yet because they get too excited.) I am so looking forward to the therapy of having Linda here and it should be a fun week. Next week the crazy Hyper-Pypers will be around and there will be more fun. I sure hope I can stand it!

Enjoy your weekend and I do hope the heat wave has broken if you have been in it. What a crazy July!

Old 07-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'd love to join both of you, but you're probably on your 2nd or 3rd cup by now, while I'm still enjoying my first.

No work for me, as my vacation officially began 11am yesterday! Two glorious weeks! I'll be visiting Ruth the first week, and Jake and I are planning to go to Cape May for a couple of days when I get back.

First thing on my want to do list this morning is a trip to Trader Joe's for some goodies for my roadtrip, then a brief visit with Dad, then I plan to spend the rest of the day poolside. We're supposed to get relief from our heatwave tonight when they're calling for some severe thunderstorms, but it's only supposed to be in the 80s tomorrow.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning sounds like Linda and Ruth are VERY excited to see each other!!! Linda are you driving or flying?

Yeah I am finally getting my haircut today. Otherwise a few quick errands and start packing for my trip. We leave Friday. I'll be running crazy until we go, but it will be all worth it just to get away!!

Have a great day
Old 07-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Jekel, Linda is driving - she needs to show me her new red car.

Thanks for posting about your ride yesterday. How inspiring that must have been!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #6  

Good morning, Jennifer! I'm driving up to Ruth's this time. It's an easy 6-7 hour drive and I've done it several times. Funny that we get our hair cut right before vacation - I'm getting mine done Monday morning, and leaving for Ruth's immediately afterwards. I hope you have a fun vacation in Ohio, the cabins look great!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Lots of excited chicks this morning! Upcoming trip and vacations everywhere you look.

Jekel, I enjoyed reading your post about the bike ride yesterday. DH and I support WWP so it is great to hear a real story about what they do.

Pouring still this morning after more t-storms yesterday afternoon. We didn't lose power but many people around here did.

Sipping my coffee while I watch the rain. I hope it stops soon so I can check on my blueberries!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chatty bunch! It might be because it is pretty late for me to be stopping in here ~ I didn't wake up until almost 7:30!! (WOOO HOO!) And now the dear internet is pretty messed up, so my time is limited.

Ruth, I'm glad everything seems okay on your property from the storm. Hope the doggage doesn't get *too* excited re: their visitor! How many sleeps?!

Cottage - YAY for vacations! Sounds like you will have some great relaxing times. I thought too late that I could've drove out there today and had lunch or something while the rest of the family goes to a museum. One day!

Jekel - that was a beautiful story yesterday, thanks for sharing.

Lexiss, thanks for starting us off. Sorry, this is my weekend off, no work for me!

Beth - Good morning! I hope you get lots of good blueberries today.

I don't work today, YAY! I'm not sure we have any plans, but with it being hot muggy and/or rainy, it probably won't be much. I do need to weed out my garden since it looks like a jungle.

We did get to go floating/fishing yesterday. I was the transporter for their float, and took the road on the GPS that had many vistas. About a 1/3 of the way thru, the sign said "not maintained", which wins the absolute understatement of the year award! Thank goodness I was driving my DH's Tundra (I felt like I was in a commercial....), my poor little Odyssey would've been left there in pieces. The end point was absolutely beautiful though, and I finally caught three fish when it cooled off .

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I managed to catch-up on a little of the sleep missed the night before so I'm only on my second cup Not sure what we will do today. It was supposed to be a camping day but will probably end up being errands and stuff around the house, especially if we get all the afternoon storms in the forecast. Right now I'm relaxing and getting breakfast and the SO is heading to the lumber yard for a laundry line pole. Ah the little thrills of home ownership.

Ruth - Glad you got through the storm without incident. It hit hard around us too though all seems well here in Cricketland.

Cottage - Wish I could hitch a ride north with you Your vacation plans sound wonderful

Jennifer - thanks for sharing the ride stories. It does sound inspiring and amazing

Twynn - I love drives like that but without 4WD I need to be careful. Sounds well worth the drive

Debbie, Beth, and Beachers yet to arrive

I suppose I should do one or two productive things before heading out erranding.

Last edited by CyndiM; 07-20-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #10  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 188/188/140

Good morning all. I'm new here, hope you don't mind me dropping in. Enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day. Going to zumba in a little while. Just started zumba about two weeks ago and loving it. Had a great first day on SBD yesterday thanks to all the support and info from this board. Nothing else has been working for me in losing weight so I thought I'd give this a try. I have a bday party tonight so I'm worried but I'll do this!!! Hope you all have a great day.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:59 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

My coworker started texting me at 130....partying too much and incapable of working. This was going to be my leisurely day to pack...go to breakfast w/mom, etc. So, I am packing now trying to get a head start and I am, unfortunately, working. Oh, well.

I see more coffee in my immediate future.

Welcome, Chrissy!

everyone else!

Have a great Sunday!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie you are a great colleague to bail out your co-worker today. I cannot believe the wedding is almost here! Hope you post some pics.

Chrissy you are always welcome here.

Up and having coffee before heading off to my dear friend's baby's Baptism. After I volunteered to pick up the food for a luncheon at their home. Later I need to get in the mindset that I have to go to work tomorrow

Happy Sunday.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #13  

Good morning!

Welcome to our Daily Chat, Chrissy! I look forward to getting to know you.

I hope you have a good day at work today, Debbie, and that it doesn't put you too far behind in your packing plans. I can never say 'no' when Cindy needs me, either. How long will you be away for the wedding? I'm hoping to see pictures, too!

Jennifer, have a good time at the baby christening this afternoon!

It's raining softly here, nothing like the strong storms that were predicted, and it seems to have made the humidity even worse. That won't stop Jake and I from going over to Dad's to pull weeds and mulch his flower bed, though. Afterwards, I have laundry and packing to do, since I'm leaving for Ruth's right after my hairdresser appointment in the morning.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:06 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Good morning. No weather crabbing this morning as the heat has broken and it's a lovely 57ºF right now.

So glad of the change because I have tons to do that was impossible to do yesterday since our frassing power went out at 9 a.m. It stayed off until nearly 8 last night. I called Hydro office several times and was told it's be back on by 4 PM on July 25th! Luckily my friend William, the Park Manager, had 235 campsites full in the Park and used his pull to get it back on. Our part of the grid also serves that part of the Village. It sure was great to be able to turn the tap and get water.

Today will be the day I put myself into 5th gear to catch up from yesterday when nothing got done except some money counting and hand sewing. (Because the Village was powerless, the Mill Cafe was not open which relieved the money work a bit.) I also need to rewash yesterday's laundry which sat in the washer and dryer when the power went out. Things get that musty smell.

Jekel, enjoy the christening. I love those steps family events in the life of a child. Nice of you to do the food for the family.

Debbie, hope your day is not too, too hectic. So nice of you to help out a colleague, even if it is for self-inflicted "illness".

Chrissy. I hope you were able to be strong at the BD party.

to everyone else and I hope you are having a Sunday. I have to jet! Important visitor arriving tomorrow!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Hi, Cottage. My most important task today will be making sure the porch is ready for us and maybe going to the booze store. See you IRL tomorrow.
Closed Thread