Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/205/175

Height: 5'11

Default Hungover help

Hey 3fc'ers! I've been mostly a lurker until recently. I also want to thank you all for your sharing your advice and struggles. So I have a close friend visiting and we went out last night and I had too much to drink. I have been sticking to plan and didn't eat anything greasy late last night. I had water and went to bed. I'm hungover now and craving shitty food which sucks. How have some of you handled weight loss and alcohol or being hungover in the past? Ohh the calories ohh my head.
Berlinloser2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #2  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

Sorry, you need certain things to fix the hangover, but not necessarily "junk food". The classic cure is scrambled eggs and toast with butter, nothing junky about that. Two pieces of toast, lightly buttered (or one English Muffin or some part of a bagel), two scrambled eggs, a glass of low fat milk, followed by two Advil (or their generic alternative). Push water (try to get about 32 ounces down after you eat but pace yourself). Then go back to bed and try to sleep for a few hours. You won't feel perfect, but you will be functional.

Anybody who says don't eat, just drink Gatorade has NO idea what they're talking about. I've ummm, dealt with hangovers more than I care to admit ... and alcohol poisoning, too but I digress. Eggs and carbs ... there's something about the saturated fat and easily digestible carbs that stabilize everything faster. And you need food before you can take an NSAID and you DO NOT want to take Tylenol (or it's generic) after drinking, ever.

Stop worrying about calories, you screwed the pooch with the second drink. Take care of your immediate needs and get back on plan when you don't feel like you're dying. You don't need a ton of food, just the right food: Eggs, butter, bread, milk, water.

Last edited by ReNew Me; 07-20-2013 at 07:27 AM.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/150/115

Height: 5'4

Actually, I don't usually eat if I have a hang-over. One time, I mowed the yard with a hangover, which wasn't great fun, but it actually helped big time! If you can sweat out a bit, maybe then have a bit to eat, if you aren't feeling sick. You can try to scrambled eggs thing - or maybe just have the toast. I can't stomach very much food with a hangover.
laciemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

Grilled bacon and a cup of tea always does it for me (good smoked uk bacon)

Last edited by Rechyl; 07-20-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/205/175

Height: 5'11

Thanks guys! I'm vegetarian and so no bacon and I don't care for eggs much but I had the next best thing. A piece of Knackerbrod which is like the wasa crackers, buttered with two pieces of smoked tofu and tomato. I drank a ton of water, took a paracetemol(tylenol), went to pick of my bike and road it home in the sweaty sun. I did this all before checking back in and feel much better. Maybe my body is also processing alcohol differently with all of the working out I've been doing lately.
Berlinloser2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

If I'm hungover the first thing I do is take a multivitamin (chewable if you're nauseated) and drink some water.
For food, tomato ALWAYS helps me, so I end up with zucchini "noodles" or green beans topped with homemade marinara sauce (which I always have on-hand) or homemade tomato soup (also usually have in my freezer).
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #7  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

best cure for hangover = Gingerale !!!
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
If I'm hungover the first thing I do is take a multivitamin (chewable if you're nauseated) and drink some water.
Other than a glass or two of wine (when not pegnant) I'm not a drinker, BUT this is the best advice. It gets to the root for what causes a hangover to begin with.

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 07-22-2013 at 12:59 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlinloser2012 View Post
Thanks guys! I'm vegetarian and so no bacon and I don't care for eggs much but I had the next best thing. A piece of Knackerbrod which is like the wasa crackers, buttered with two pieces of smoked tofu and tomato. I drank a ton of water, took a paracetemol(tylenol), went to pick of my bike and road it home in the sweaty sun. I did this all before checking back in and feel much better. Maybe my body is also processing alcohol differently with all of the working out I've been doing lately.
Tylenol and alcohol are hard on your liver. In the future, try another pain reliever.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote