South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hot As **** Friday

Another scorcher ahead. We had a series of t-storms go through early last evening. Of course I got caught in it going to a pre-Fair planning session and got soaked to the skin. (I'm sure glad I changed out of my airy white cotton top!) We got a good 2" of rain an our nicely rolled and smoothed Fairground is pure mud. This morning it is very, very humid - the outside of my windows are steamed up!

Donna comes to clean this morning. She did pop in yesterday but we decided the house was just too hot! I am planning to leave her to it by 10 and go to town for a haircut plus some odds and ends I need for the weekend - it's time to pin up the schoolwork in the Hall and I can't find last year's supply of push pins. Tonight I have Book Club down at Pat's on the Lake. I sure hope she has AC. More big storms are expected and I'd just as soon stay home. (It was a rather depressing book, The Memory Keeper's Daughter and I'm hoping for a briefer than usual discussion.)

Time to do a few things outside while it's still bearable. I think it's time to take the snow shovel off the back deck, don't you?

Have a comfortable day if you can manage it. This stuff is supposed to leave overnight - it's going to be a chilly 71 on Sunday!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF! SBD Daily Chat for 7/19

Good morning Beach Chicks, and Happy TGIF! My 2-week vacation starts at noon today!

Coffee's on! Pull up a chair and join me.

We had some excitement here yesterday when a watermain broke on our street right before dawn and flooded everyone's lawns. Luckily, we didn't get water in our basement, but the road looked like a raging river. They did manage to get the water capped off so whoever had to leave could, then they closed off the road. It was all buckled and there were several sink holes, but I did manage to get home at the end of the day. Next week they're going to tear out the road and put a new water system in, then redo the road, and it's going to be a mess for a while. Thank goodness I won't be here, lol!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #3  

You beat me to it once again, Ruthie! Hot as blazes is right, my glasses fogged up when I stepped outside. It's already hot and sticky here today.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Tee-Hee! After posting, I saw you were creating a thread and was going to delete my post but I needed the rush of beating you! Four more sleeps. By the way, I am not going to iron your sheets - just sayin' - although things should be nicely cooled off by then.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #5  

Shame on you, making your guests iron their own sheets, Ruth. It's a good thing I enjoy ironing.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL...hope no one ever visits here. Iron sheets?!? We're lucky at this point to have an iron!

What else are you doing on your vacation, Linda? You should've gotten a kayak out yesterday . Glad your basement is okay.

Ruth, you made me LOL at the thread title. The a/c at my work doesn't do well, and it felt like he!! in there yesterday! I read that book, and I'm struggling to remember it, because it was...maybe 15 books ago?

For me - 1/2 day of work which is packed, then I'm hoping to go floating/fishing on some creek somewhere . I love living in central PA!

My coffee is almost ready.....

Last edited by TwynnB; 07-19-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

This is my 1st of 2 days off before we depart to Minnesota. I am using it wisely and am getting lots of stuff accomplished. Our water project continues. Yesterday afternoon I gave our contractor the keys to the buildings and I'm not going to go up there unless he calls and requests me. I stopped at the undergarment store yesterday to buy what I needed for wedding day. I've gone down another size in the bra dept, which is great for me. I like some cleavage but what I have is far too generous.

Stay cool, chickies! I think you should mark this time on your calendars for next year and come and visit me. Our high today should be 82-85 and our humidity is 5%.

Food is OP! I love being in the groove!

Off to reports and a little exercise, too.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning!
Already been to the dealer for my car maintenance visit and now I am reveling in the AC. We had a big thunderstorm yesterday but today it is back to hot and humid. Looking forward to next week when the forecast is for 70s and low 80s.

Not much on my agenda today; yesterday the dr gave the go ahead for restarting PT. Maybe I will be able to putter in the garden again soon.

Have a great OP day, chicks.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Well we had one night of camping along with some kayaking and swimming. Last night there were two storms, apparently one of them caused over 1000 lightening strikes int he area. More storms were forecast for tonight so we decided to enjoy the day then get out before the rain hit again. It was 100 degrees when we got home so I am not convinced we shouldn't have stayed but we are here now! One more night and it's supposed to break.

Happy Friday evening friends
Old 07-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Late check in, but did manage to read everyone's posts. Yesterday and today I was honored to ride with soldiers from The Wounded Warrior Project. Truly inspiring men and women. If you are not familiar with this wonderful organization go to www.woundedwarriorproject.org. It certainly was hot, but no one complained. Yesterday we rode from Midtown Manhattan to Ft Hamilton in Brooklyn (roughly 15 miles). Today 25 miles from Babylon Town Hall to Overlook Beach (it is not too far from Robert Moses Stare Park) I was truly touched by two soldiers sharing a tandem bike. They were quite entertaining. Being that everyone was wearing sunglasses, I did not realize one soldier was blind. His partner was describing the view as we crossed over one of the bridges. So many soldiers ride recumbent bikes which they pedaled with their arms. Tomorrow they will ride the last leg of the NY ride ending in Montauk. Due to the popularity of this program (rehabilitation cycling) the warriors are only permitted to participate in two rides per year. This way every warrior gets a chance to ride. Their bikes are custom made and donated to the soldiers. Walter Reed Hospital donates tempory bikes until their personalized ones can be made. The bike store in Chicago that works with the program rides with them too and provides mechanical support along the way. It is so nice to see so many people giving to those who gave themselves for their country. Soldiers from the UK and South Africa are warriors too. The commeradity was absolutely amazing. Many of them became friends because of their time recovering at Walter Reed.

Tomorrow I will go OP as I ate a lot of carbs the last few days. I needed it lol
Closed Thread