Old 07-14-2013, 11:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Red Team Spring into Action CHAT Thread Week 9 (July 15 -July 21, 2013)

Moving right along- into week 9. Here we go!

LeslieB (blue team co-leader) posts the 2013 Spring Into Action official weekly results here.

As a team we lost 6.8 lbs or 0.36 % .
Moving in the right direction. Some people had stellar losses this week, while others struggled. But I'm proud of those that are hangin' tough. Changing habits (especially bad ones) is NOT easy. But you CAN DO IT!

Our Biggest Loser:
SuperHeroTeacher (-3.5 lbs, 1.59%)

Honourable Mentions:
Changergirl (-2.4 lbs, 1.4%)

Elizabeth779 (-2.0 lbs, 0.79%)

Rated (-1.0 lbs, 0.58%)

Way to go everyone- Great Job!!

Keep up the great work!

We CAN do this

GO RED

Last edited by CanadaMel; 07-21-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone -- how you doing?

SuperHeroTEacher -- WOW 3.5!!! way to go --

Changergirl and Novis -- good job!!!

So the question is: what helped you lose 3.5 this week?

What helped me lose the 2.0 is staying consistently every day on plan....

Mel, you're right we CAN do this -- one fat cell at a time!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:32 AM   #3  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Thanks Elizabeth! Congrats to you on your loss too!

What helped me lose 3.5 last week? I had gained 0.5 the week before when after 3 months of being 100% on plan, I went off-plan (Im on Medifast) on July 4 and for some of the weekend after. Nothing crazy, just some key lime pie on the fourth and a few cookies the weekend after, but it was enough to kick me out of ketosis.

I went back on plan with a vengance on Sunday, logged EVERYTHING I ate, and had no extras: no extra snacks, condiments, nothing but water to drink, etc.

I also cut back on exercise. For about a month now I've been working out almost daily and saw my weekly weight losses decrease dramatically. I saw a quote somewhere here on 3FC: eating determines weight loss, exercise determines fitness. I've decided that for now I'm going to keep the workouts at 3-4 per week and focus more on eating. Once I get to the 100s I'll focus more on fitness.

I've actually lost 3 more pounds since my official weigh in on Friday, so I'm hoping it will stick so i can post a big loss again this week!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #4  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

I took a freebie this week...I shouldn't be on the Loser List.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Congrats to ALL the losers!

I'm TICKED. This week's gain has pushed me back under 100 pounds lost. Although I seem to have lost a pound overnight - maybe it will take a friend with it by next Sunday. The trainer thinks I've gained about 10 pounds of muscle, so I'm clinging to that, and praying it's true.

Keep working!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #6  

Hi Novus-
thanks for pointing that out- That's what I get for doing results just before bed.

Hope everyone's week started out well. Still waiting to hear what our race course for my half is on Saturday. Kind of strange not knowing where I'll be running. I like to know where I am.

Riddy- it's hard being so reliant on a # from a machine to gauge our fitness levels. the scale doesn't see the hard work that goes in or the frustration that is created when it shows a number that we were not expecting.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #7  

Well I just finished a nice lunch workout and am getting a quick note in before getting back to work. Spent about 45 minutes and walked up a total of 13 flights and put a little over 8000 steps. Feels so good to be getting a good workout in, I love how you feel when you are to tired to take another step. Lucky for me I get to sit down the rest of the day. (LOL)

I've been arguing with the scale too and I keep trying to tweak my food but that doesn't seem to be helping. Hopefully I'll learn a little about my activity level during my July Stair Climbing Challenge and if I just need to move more than I will know that is the answer by the end of June. Meanwhile, everyone at work is scratching their head trying to figure out how I get in so many flights of steps each week.

Ok, better get to work.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #8  
Shrinking Chick

Well, Evangeline, you're certainly getting your steps in - you're beating me on the fitbit pretty regularly. If it showed flights of stairs, you'd be kicking my butt every day!

I'm heading to the trainer in a few - I'm going to b*tch a little bit (he's a good listener) and see if he has any ideas. If nothing else, he'll give me a pep talk.

My darn hip flexor is acting up again, so I'm not sure when I'll run again. Walking doesn't bother it, but I just don't get the same sense of satisfaction from walking. It's 90+ and humid here all week, so it's probably better to not run anyhow.

Stay cool everyone!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
Walking doesn't bother it, but I just don't get the same sense of satisfaction from walking.
Stay cool everyone!
This is exactly why I added steps to my walking. I had a double knee replacement so am not allowed to run, hop, skip, jump, etc. so to add some challenge to walking I use elevation. On the treadmill (when I use one) it's the incline but at work I had to become creative to give myself some challenge. The hard part was preventing boredom, pulling out the old CDs was the answer for me. Haven't listened to them in years and it is right down fun to spend an hour listening to some of your favorite old songs.

Last edited by EofAZ; 07-17-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #10  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post

My darn hip flexor is acting up again, so I'm not sure when I'll run again.
Have you tried wearing a thigh support brace when you run Riddy? My 16-year old daughter tore her hip flexor in March. She isn't back to running yet (probably not until October or November), but she wears a neoprene brace for swim and walking long distances. Evidently it helps keep the muscle warm and flexible so it doesn't re-tear.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #11  
Shrinking Chick

Hmmm, I haven't heard of a thigh support to help a hip flexor. I may try it - thanks!

Right now I'm trying to decide between a massage or bodywork/reiki appointment for my hip next week. I've never been to the bodywork lady, but I really like the massage therapist. They both work out of my chiropractor's office.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

It's been so long since I've been on here. (hangs head in shame).

But, I am back...and I'm ready to work again!

My weight has been in a holding pattern ever since week 2 I think. I know it's because I haven't been tracking my calories as much as I used...oh who am I kidding, I haven't been tracking at all

I have also just started my own DietBet with a few of my friends and am hoping that by betting actual money it will be enough to kick my butt back into gear! I think I just realized that summer is almost half over and I haven't lost anything!

It's good to be back on here and if you're looking for info on how to join my diet bet let me know (it starts on Monday)!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Army Girl- Welcome back! I am in the same situation as you. I thought summer would make it easier but I have pretty much been at a stand still bouncing between 172 - 176.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #14  

Hi gang-
I've been in a funk all week and mostly being a bXtch to everyone. Hence my scarcity here.
Not sure of the root cause.
Dh is away at a conference for the next 10 days, but that usually makes life easier.
Could be some nerves for my half tomorrow.
We finally found out the venue & route. I'm going to try & pick up my package tonight, if the kids coopertae.
I'm hoping to have a better finish that my make-shift half last month.

Rated & Army- I'm right there with you bouncing back & forth. I'm blaming the fact that I've relaxed my carb restrictions for the race.

EofAZ- good job on the steps and rockin' out to music you haven't heard in while.

Only 4 more weeks ladies- let's do this. Yikes- 4 weeks, that means summer is almost over- wah
I'll check back in tomorrow afternoon.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #15  
Shrinking Chick

Yahoo!!! The scale finally moved DOWN! It doesn't look like much since I took a freebie last week, but I'm down over 2 pounds this week. Plus I can tell I'm retaining water - all my rings are tight instead of loose.

Armygirl and Rated, you have my sympathy. I've been fighting the same 6ish pounds since AUGUST.

Good luck on your race, Mel!

Stay cool, everyone!