Old 07-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/170

Height: 5'10

Default Oops, taking the scenic route?

So I've been way off plan for a good few weeks now. It's like sometimes weight loss just drops off my radar of importance, and I literally can't make myself care about it. When I feel like this, I genuinely would prefer to have that chocolate bar than be slimmer. No amount of telling myself otherwise can change that fact! The last few weeks have been like that, but I do feel ready to pick up where I left off again.

Just checked my weight tracker diary and prior to today, I hadn't weighed myself officially since 2 June (at 236.5), which is about when I stopped counting calories. For the last few weeks I've been eating whatever I wanted and as much as I wanted, and it hasn't been good things!

I don't know why I'm posting this really. I just feel like I need to state my intentions and commit myself 'officially' again I've eaten within my calorie limits today and yesterday, but I guess I still don't quite feel like I'm back on track yet.

Luckily (I really don't know how, but I'm relieved), my weight is basically the same as it was last time I weighed in. So it's not as if I even need to regain lost ground, I just need to motivate myself to continue.
terichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I like thinking of it as a "scenic route!"

I took a "scenic detour" around 205. If you click my ticker, you can see it was quite the detour. But when I got my head back on track, I was able to continue to make progress when I was ready.

Weight loss is about progress, not perfection!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #3  

I totally get this, and it is also kind of where I am at. I think it means that you are developing a "body memory" of the calories-in-calories-out equation, maybe adjusting to a new set point or something. Good job about being able to put weight loss on the back burner while you deal with other things, and not even having to backtrack! Great job on your loss!
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

You can do this! Good luck!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #5  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

Losing this weight shouldn't be the focal point of our lives, and I think the trick is trying to find the balance so we don't get consumed by it, and then get sick of it and completely fly off the reservation.

Congrats on getting back on track, and don't be too hard on yourself - you realized what was happening before any damage was done and you're back to continue what you started! Great job on what you have achieved so far.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #6  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Good for you for getting back on track! You didn't lose any progress, just "detoured" off the path for a while. No real harm done. Now, chalk it up to experience and go back to what you were doing to lose. I've detoured a few times myself in the last year and a half. It's hard to keep on keeping on! But, you can do it!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/170

Height: 5'10

Thanks for the encouragement! Just checking in today, I'm now on day 5 of sticking to my calories, and I managed to get weekly shopping out of the way a couple of days ago without buying a bunch of rubbish. I'm feeling a lot more positive now.
terichelle is offline   Reply With Quote