Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #1  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Now that I've lost weight, I can...

happily engage in a certain salacious activity in physical arrangements that, before, were more difficult.

I've been stalling mentally again in my new decade, which bums me. However, after getting quite a few nice surprises recently from my better fitness levels, I decided to take an inventory of all the awesome things I can do now that I've lost 50 pounds. The one above just happens to be my newest discovery.

So, what can you do, now that you've lost some weight?

Last edited by Song of Surly; 07-18-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

What a great idea for a thread!

Now that I've lost 80 pounds:
  • I can walk to the end of my driveway to get the mail.
  • I can haul groceries into the house and then put them up without taking a break.
  • I can go grocery shopping, walk the entire store and enjoy the time with my husband.
  • I never consider using an electric scooter anywhere.
  • I can shave my legs!
  • I can walk up the stairs to my deck without having a death grip on the railing. (I still have to hold on tight going down the stairs but even that is easier.)
  • On the days I work downtown, I can walk the 2 blocks from where I park to the client site with ease and actually enjoy the stroll.
  • I can cross my legs like a woman.
  • I can bend over and easily pick up something off the floor.
  • I can sit down on the floor and get back up without assistance.
  • On a good day, I can walk an entire mile.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #3  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I can move around with less pain and tiredness!

I have serious pain and fatigue problems. What really got me going when I committed again a year and a half ago was the frustration and helplessness I was feeling over my health. Losing weight was one of the few things under my control that could impact how I feel - it was important for me right then to seize onto that and realize there was something I had control over.

I still have severe fatigue and pain issues, so from the outside the change might look minimal - but I removed a small added burden, and every little bit counts for so much.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #4  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

• Hubby can't always keep up with me when we're out and about (and I used to struggle to even keep up at his pace on a five minute trip to the grocery store).
  • I can cross my legs for the first time ever, something I couldn't even do as a teenager.
  • Bending over to pick anything up off the floor used to be an impossible feat, but it's no problem now.
  • I no longer begrudge anything about themeparks (turnstiles, fitting on rides, tons of standing in line, and all-day walking). Well ok, I might still begrudge the expense.
  • No more fear of whether or not I'll fit in a seat (especially theaters), or breaking any seats for that matter.
  • I can literally walk for miles now, when at one time it was impossible to just walk from one end of the room to the other.
  • Before taking my pregnancy break, I was able to jog a non-stop half mile and was working my way up to doing a 5k. I plan on starting over with C25K once the baby's here. And again, at one time it was impossible for me to walk from one end of the room to the other!
  • I haven't had an asthma attack in over a year.
  • My diabetes is in remission, without any medications! And no signs of gestational diabetes either.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #5  

I don't think I "belong" on this thread as I gain back everything again with this pregnancy. But when I was near goal, I loved that I could run! I was running up to 7 miles outside without stopping! I was working towards doing a half marathon. Most. amazing. feeling. EVER.

Now that I've gained the weight back, I can't cross my legs anymore and when I climb stairs my knee clicks, doesn't hurt, but clicks. I can't blame the pregnancy as I do not carry the baby in my leg! Nope, its from the extra nearly 100 lbs...
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275.4/258.6/200

Height: 5'1"

This may be TMI, I am just getting started again with weightloss. I have lost 6 lbs, know what a 6 lb difference can be? I can wipe easier! There, I said it. I know some of you ladies know what I am talking about. hahaha
NJChick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/138

Height: 5ft 3

i can wear a dress if i want to!
Rechyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #8  

I can tie my shoes without holding my breath.
I can run, and not have things continue to shake for several seconds after I stop.
I have way more style options ... at 300+ pounds, I never wore skirts, dresses, shorts, belts, fitted clothes, tank tops, etc.
Seatbelts and chairs fit every time.
I can step on a longboard and not worry about it cracking.
I don't have to worry about weight restrictions on things! (rides, horseback riding, etc)

Last edited by Hyacinth; 07-18-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Hyacinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #9  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Even with just 16lb gone I've noticed a difference!

I love closet shopping and fitting in clothes that I haven't worn in a while.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I am still 30 pounds from goal, but I think I am able to do pretty much all of the things that thin people do effortlessly. I try to think of these things when I'm impatient w my slow losing. Even if I stay right here, my life is so much easier and more comfortable!

I totally agree about the salacious activities, Surley! lol we just fit together better and I have more energy. Plus, I swear that ketosis has a positive effect on libido. Others -- definitely crossing legs is FUN, fitting right in furniture, getting in and out of the car.

I am not a bath person, but I no longer look at my bathtub and worry I wouldn't fit in it anyway.

Tonight I think I'm gonna paint my toenails myself! The last time I did that I think I got redfaced and out of breath.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #11  
Golden Goose

S/C/G: 333/tracker/150

Height: 5'10

I love this thread, so inspiring and proud of all of you!
Slush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #12  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

I can wear heels!
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #13  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

yeah, i'm super digging the sex life. i can especially tell a difference now that i've started putting on muscle. and yes, heels! being able to wear heels is great. also not having to worry about whether or not you'll break something when you sit on it constantly...
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/156/165

Height: 5'8"

Even just the little ive lost, i can breathe easier in clothes.
Katalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I can do walks and races for causes I care about!

I can shop almost anywhere!

I can feel confident when in a group of normal sized people.

I can tell everyone how much I love cake without feeling silly.

I can tell everyone how I like eating healthy without feeling silly.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote