South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Whew! Wednesday - July 17

That's all I'm going to say. There is no frassing way I'm working outside today with a 104ºF/40ºC predicted. I am supposed to do pet therapy this afternoon but am thinking the Day Away programme may be cancelled. There are dire warnings about subjecting the elderly to the outside air today. I'm feeling a tad "elderly" myself.

So I'll putter around inside today and maybe make the cucumber and avocado salad that Cyndi posted in FB yesterday. I sure don't want to turn on the stove. My BBQ is still "indisposed" but I'm hoping Paul can take a look at it soon so I can grill veggies when my special visitor arrives next week.

My poor Disney has to go for dental work next week. I'm sure she will lose another few teeth - ten are gone already thanks to the poor diet she has when she was roaming the streets of New Orleans after Katrina. She still managed dry food and biscuits though.

OK - iced coffee and then I'll water the poor suffering planters outside. Last week my side door flowerbox was overflowing with water - enough to kill the plants. I got some foliage things to put in and may get them planted today.

Happy Hump Day and try to stay cool! (Maybe iced?)
Old 07-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wilting Wednesday SBD Chat for 7/17

Good morning! I tried to have my first cup of coffee out on the patio, but I felt like I was going to melt. My day just doesn't feel right if I don't have my morning coffee, though.

The heat index is supposed to be around 103*. I'm going to spend part of the morning at Susie's, doing some vacuuming and tidying up, then we're heading to the pool until it's time to get ready for Pony Club.

Only 2 more days until vacation starts!

Ruth, it's hard to imagine that's it's even hotter where you are, than here! Poor Disney, it's a shame they don't make false teeth for dogs.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 07-17-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I knew if I waited there would only be one daily chat

Ruth my mom's Bassett Hound (rescue) has absolutely no teeth and does just fine. They water down her food. Hope Jazz is OK

Linda I too am counting down the days to vacation!

Yesterday was filled with running around. Looks like it my gallbladder might be the culprit of my stomach woes. I follow up with the gastro doc and surgeon next Thursday. The day before we leave. For now I am going to stick with "safe foods" as not to risk another episode.

Today I am going to Joe's I am going to attempt to tie up the tomato plants. I don't plan on staying too long today as I need to be up very early tomorrow.

Looks like the pups are ready for their jaunt. Stay cool.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! It says it's only 97% humidity, it feels more like 150%. Weren't we just complaining about SNOW a few days ago?!?!

Ruth, it is weird you are so much warmer than us! Our high today is 89 with a realfeel of 92 or something like that. Hope you stay cool! PS - I am known as the Master Extractor at work....

Cottage, you will have a great vacation, I am sure! Gah, we should've tried to plan to get together!

Jekel, I am intrigued by the whole gall bladder thing. I hope they can help you feel better.

I just had a run that wasn't great with the obscene humidity, and needless to say, I am a water slick now. It's on to another day at work (2 dentals!) and maybe a little break before picking up the kids.

I can share my distress though with y'all...my 8 yo DD (she'll be 9 in December) sized her feet at Ross last night...a size 7!! GOOD GRIEF! And then, she informed me she needs a bra, and someone else told her she does as well (and...I agree...she does. I had admitted it to myself a few weeks ago and was in denial). Oh my. Oh my. Oh my. Someone give me a xanax!!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy my goddaughter turned 8 in December and has been wearing a bra for almost a year!!! Her mom, my BFF, was young 10, like me, when she got her first "visit." I really believe the hormones in foods might have something to do with this new trend. It is scary. I remember picking up my son at school (6th grade) and the girl's volleyball team was there. I asked if they were the JV or varsity team. My son informed me they were on,y in 6th grade too. He said "a lot happens to girls between 5th and 6th grade mom." As far as her feet are concerned they will stop growing long before she does. Sadly my age and shoe size were the same until I was 10! Thankfully my feet stopped growing although some brands I do need an 11. At least I am tall. Joe's daughter is only 5'3" with a 10 yet her feet look in proportion with her body (she has an athletic yet petite build) Their bodies grow up too fast these days. I wish mine would catch up lol
Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning. AC and coffee here today as well. Low 90s here yesterday and today and that humidity! I picked blueberries yesterday (another quart off my own bushes!!) but other than that I stayed inside. I'm still moving slowly and with restricted mobility so it works out that it is too hot to work outside.

Jekel, glad you have a possible diagnosis on the health issue.

Spent some time the last 2 days helping DS1 get his paperwork in line for college this fall. Seems like every year there is more.

Off too check my berry bushes before it get too hot.

Happy Wednesday all!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning One more day of work then we are off to the mountains for a couple of nights (I hope). We have agreed that if the heat isn't easier to handle there we will only camp one night but I think it will be better. Today it will be lots of AC in the car and something cool for dinner.

Happy hump day everyone
Old 07-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning

Definitely a time I don't mind living in the high Rockies. Take care everyone! This time next week I will be having my own experience with high heat and humidity in Minnesota. I think I will not fare too well.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Already 102F here.. really wish I didn't have to leave the comfort of my a/c, but there are things that must get done. Hope every one has a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #10  

Temp here (w/ humidex) is up to 44 C or 111 F ...its just too hot for me today.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rivergirl, I feel your pain. I've been in your area in heat waves and know how horrid it can be. We are almost as bad although it is t-storming right now that is supposed to cool things a bit. No break in sight until Saturday but they may be lying!!!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We hit 100 here too. I"m not even up to grilling. It's going to be giant salads for dinner tonight.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Just saying hello. Trying to check in everyday. Hope everyday has had a good day!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #14  

Ruth I was praying for a thunderstorm just for a little bit of relief, but no such luck for us here... Hopefully the rain where you are helps, at least a little bit.
Closed Thread