Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #1  

Default Binge-free in July!

Yet another thread to stay accountable. Feel free to introduce yourself, your problems and anything else on your mind as relates to binging.

June was a fairly tumultuous month for me and many others and net I don't think I've lost anything in the past month but hopefully we've all learned something about our eating habits that can be put to good use this month, and if this month isn't great there's always next month. Personally I continue to binge on Sunday's for no reason other than the fact that it's Sunday. I wish I could remove that day from the calendar.
Granola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #2  

Default Yes!

Yes! So down for the challenge! This is my first attempt to go this long binge free so I'm apprehenesive about it but I've been getting much better at stopping myself before a binge recently. Do any of you more experienced users have any advice or strategies for making it binge free?
avery12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 345/see tracker/200

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone! I'm actually excited to see this thread as Saturday was a very bad day for me. I've been doing great with my weight loss and exercise but something snapped with me on Saturday and I had one of my worse binges in a while.

I haven't had a binge for months and nothing particularly bad or emotional happen on Saturday or that week to explain why I did it. I wanted pizza (my trigger binge food) and so I had it. A large cheese pizza that I ate by myself. And a full order of buffalo wings. And a large Dairy Queen blizzard. I felt absolutely awful afterwards and had trouble sleeping Saturday night because of all of the food and carbs in my system. The worse was that I was up 6 lbs after just breaking through a major stall in my weight loss.

I still don't know why I did it-it was so stupid! I'm really mad at myself and disappointed. But I can't turn back time. What's done is done and I just have to move forward.
NYFLAgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by avery12 View Post
Yes! So down for the challenge! This is my first attempt to go this long binge free so I'm apprehenesive about it but I've been getting much better at stopping myself before a binge recently. Do any of you more experienced users have any advice or strategies for making it binge free?

I stopped eating bread/rice/corn carbs for the past week and that cut my cravings down significantly, I was honestly amazed at how in control I felt. I binged very badly yesterday but I do that every Sunday it seems, 100% psychological not physiological.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYFLAgirl View Post
Hello everyone! I'm actually excited to see this thread as Saturday was a very bad day for me. I've been doing great with my weight loss and exercise but something snapped with me on Saturday and I had one of my worse binges in a while.

I haven't had a binge for months and nothing particularly bad or emotional happen on Saturday or that week to explain why I did it. I wanted pizza (my trigger binge food) and so I had it. A large cheese pizza that I ate by myself. And a full order of buffalo wings. And a large Dairy Queen blizzard. I felt absolutely awful afterwards and had trouble sleeping Saturday night because of all of the food and carbs in my system. The worse was that I was up 6 lbs after just breaking through a major stall in my weight loss.

I still don't know why I did it-it was so stupid! I'm really mad at myself and disappointed. But I can't turn back time. What's done is done and I just have to move forward.
I feel you on not knowing why you did it, I wasn't even having cravings yesterday but I still binged. I think I'm genuinely afraid of success, like if I ever meet this goal I won't know what to do next.

Last edited by Granola; 07-01-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #5  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Yesterday my husband and I had a big cookout with friends and I definitely binged but we had such a great time!

I will be going all of July without a binge, I am promising myself that. Taking it one day at a time!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Got thru Day 1...
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granola View Post

I feel you on not knowing why you did it, I wasn't even having cravings yesterday but I still binged. I think I'm genuinely afraid of success, like if I ever meet this goal I won't know what to do next.
this is exactly my problem! but i'm slowly working on it.

i need to keep me accountable today. i woke up too early and i'm so sleepy but i have to study and i'm trying to take a nap but my mind won't shut off.
i already ate to much cookies and it's only a lunch hour.
i hope i can make it today without binging. i woke up and the scale moved a little since yesterday. i hope it moves more when i finish my tom. surprisingly this month i had no crazy pms cravings. go figure.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:31 PM   #8  

I have a really bad issue with binge eating at night after dinner. I do it every night eat a little bit of everything.
Healthymeanshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #9  
*Embrace Power*

I know it's early, but I had a great start to Day 3 with a berry smoothie with almond milk for breakfast and a cup of earl grey tea with a teaspoon of natural honey. I also have an orange but I am probably going to save that for morning snack. Breakfast is usually my smaller meal for the day, so I feel very satisfied.

I plan on having my chia fresca drink with my morning snack before I workout, it helps keep me full and give me plenty of energy. I know what I am making for my husband and I for dinner, just not sure what I am going to make for lunch yet.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

Monday was great, Tuesday was....ok. I wouldn't say I binged, but I did snack more than I needed to! Today has been on plan so far, and I am currently trying to avoid snacking by cleaning up, playing on the internet, a little bit of work, and I may turn on the TV (not a trigger for me).

My next snack is planned for, but I'm trying to wait an hour!!
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #11  

Today and yesterday have involved over eating but they both felt like special occasions so I'm not too upset, I still feel confident that the rest of the month will be good.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 347/208/180

Height: 5'3

I definitely want to challenge myself to a month of binge-free eating. I do not know if I have gone a straight month without overdoing it. I just want to feel free of food's control over me. Food seems to be on my mind 24/7 :/ If I'm not eating it, I am thinking about it or trying to fight the temptations. Regardless, food rules my thoughts. I am trying to fill my free time with more activities (even tried a zumba class for the first time tonight, everyone should try it ) Let's see if I can make it through this month
anm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

So far so good for July...
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #14  

Doing well so far! Today is and hopefully continues to be my 7th day binge-free! I'm very happy because I usually break down every 5 days or so...But I have two essays to write this weekend and little else to do so I'm really on my guard because lack of structure and academic stress are my too biggest triggers...Got to stay strong! Wish me luck, lovelies!
avery12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #15  
*Embrace Power*

This week is going so great for me and it's refreshing! I feel like I really do have a lot of control over my eating now, so I want to keep that power and use it to my advantage!