Old 07-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Talking Worldly Chicks Juggling Through July

Better to be juggling than jiggling! Here we are again at a new month - spring turns to summer for those of us northbound while Shad gets ready for winter rains to set in.

Will be back in a bit after I finish the rest of the set ups...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:17 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ok ladies - happy July.

Part of my company left yesterday - SIL and the kids. We had a great time although after 11 days of non stop running I can say I'm glad to finally sit down and relax for a bit.

I invited my cousins over yesterday (they had never met my SIL) and we had a big bbq. Great weather and we all had a very nice time.

We let the cats out of the basement - the older one is very cautious and nervous but the kitten is just thrilled at something new and exciting to see. She is also a real talker.

I do have to work at the thrift store this afternoon as well as tomorrow and was just about to go out and water my garden and flowers which I didn't get to yesterday. I will be back later tonight with personals as I have a lot of catching up to do. Just wanted to set up the new thread. Catch you later...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #3  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Even though it's Monday and I have the option to work from home, since the temp for today is going to get up around 96, I decided to go to the office to enjoy the air conditioning. Santa gets to enjoy the A/C at daycare. My parents' house is great...it just doesn't have A/C, since it stays cool enough probably 360 days of the year (except when temps get this hot). Tomorrow's going to be a scorcher too, but again, I'll be at the office and Santa at daycare.

I took Santa to the dog park Saturday morning and Sunday morning. We got there between 7:30 and 8 am so we were able to stay a couple hours both days and get Santa good and tired out! He had SO much fun running and chasing the other dogs. Saturday night, I got an invite to go over to a couple's house for a BBQ. It was just the three of us, Santa and their two dogs (and they have 4 chickens despite that they live in the residential area of San Jose close to downtown). Their area actually allows up to 6 chickens per household, which I think is pretty cool. Santa got along great with their two dogs and all three had a fun time. It was so nice to spend the evening with this couple. I hadn't seen her since I was here at Christmas. He helped me unload my moving truck into my storage. I actually met them 33 years ago...they were friends with my first husband and thankfully stayed friends with both of us after our divorce. They are really amazing, wonderful people. She teaches first grade (but will be switching to 2nd grade this year), and he is a high school counselor.

Tonight, I was going to go to aqua aerobics (thankfully I found my bathing suit), but instead I have to help a family friend with their computer. Oh well, I can always jump in the pool where I live to cool down.

I still haven't decided if I want to go up to Tahoe with my friend and his friends or not. I'll probably go and will take Santa with me.

==========================

Annie - I'm so glad you had a fun time in St. Louis!! Good luck on the Advocare. I checked out the website. It looks interesting. Let us know. What I've been doing lately is eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. Usually for dinner, I've been having protein powder shakes. I'm finding my appetite is less because it's been so hot.

Shad - Sounds like you had a great time with your family! How was your sister's b'day?

Mel - I hope the rain keeps the tenants mellow so you can rest. I will be glad when there is no storage area and Santa and I have a place of our own. But I'm also really enjoying staying with my step-mom. It's nice to spend time with her and my step-brother (who doesn't live here but comes over frequently). And I'm glad to have the opportunity to pay down some credit cards and medical bills.

Ceejay - Water aerobics is a good exercise. When I did it in Wisconsin I found it to be a great workout and it didn't hurt my back! So nice of you to work for your co-worker so she could talk to her fil's doctor. So sad when a person gets to the point where they need hospice. But at the same time, I thank God for the wonderful people who do hospice care. They were so very good to my mom and dad. I can't imagine hair so short I couldn't run my hands through it! LOL Of course, I've had long hair since I was a little girl. When I was about 6, I had a pixie cut and hated it...and that was the last time I ever had short hair.

Happy - Thanks for setting up the July thread! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time with your SIL and the kids. Are the kids well behaved? Nothing worse than bratty, spoiled kids...but well behaved, fun loving kids can be such a delight!! How long will your mom be staying? I just love the kitten's attitude! Hope you have a good day at the thrift store, and minimal drama.

A big to Laura!

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #4  

Morning all.

Happy - Welcome Back!! Thanks for setting up our new thread! Glad you had a nice time w/ the family. Things must be going well if you let the cats upstairs!

Annie - Glad you enjoyed your time in St. Louis. Sounds like a great time with the babies and doggies and good food and good friends. Good luck on the Advocare - I know you can do it girl!!! I've got at least one cherry tomato on my plant, probably more. Can't wait for a good homegrown tomater! We also have some Fresno chiles that can soon be harvested.

Ceejay - Good to get your time off set up in advance. I'm gonna be taking time off to visit my mom in Sept/Oct - I better get the time blocked out soon. Wow, your hair sounds like it's really short - sure would be cool and easycare. But you're right, if it's not what you like, it'll certainly grow back soon enough. Bf just went back to his super short "summer" haircut.

Mel - Sorry it's going to be so rainy by you this week. I think our area is going to be relatively rain-free for a few more days. Good goal to do some stretching!! I want to try to incorporate frequent stretches while I'm sitting at my desk because if I'm sitting for a long while, my back is stiff when I stand up. The chickpeas didn't turn out a well as I'd hoped. I only made the one batch and didn't bring them to book club. Bleh. That recipe is not a keeper. Enjoy the nap and the reading.

Shad - Hope your trip home went safely and smoothly.

Michelle - Ahh, a pool - sounds good, especially with the heat you're getting. And a water aerobics class sounds good too! And nice and gentle on the bod. Stay cool!!

==
The rest of my Saturday was alright. The chickpea recipe wasn't to my liking, so I just made the one batch and that was it. I ended up making a white bean dip for book club and that was "just okay" too. It was sort of like a hummus, but with canellini beans and olive oil. There was also parsley, lemon juice and garlic in it as well. I thought the raw garlic made it pretty harsh. One of the book club women suggested using the leftovers as a sandwich spread, which is a good idea - when I'm not going to be at work or socializing (all that garlic, lol).

Book club was alright too. Not too much book talk, and I started to poop out rather early, and I actually got home before 10:30!

I slept in yesterday morning, and did my usual tea and newspaper routine. Then I went and bought gas and went to the home improvement store for a couple things. Puttered some more at home, then had lunch and took a dog walk. Very nice day yesterday, with a good breeze going.

Busy few workdays coming up, but I'm looking forward to some more time off at the end of the week.

Okay, gotta run. Toodles!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #5  

Hi Michelle! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. It's so great you're still in touch with so many friends out in CA! Nice you can take a dip in the pool to cool off and work in some exercise as well. Glad you and Santa have AC spaces to go to today.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - Bummer that the chick peas didn't turn out as good as expected. The garlickey white bean hummus sounds good. I love garlic! Of course, I do tend to avoid it at work and when I'm socializing. So are you taking Friday off? That's awesome! I need to work Friday since I don't get paid for the holiday (contract employee's often don't), but I'll either be working from home or from my friend's place in the Sierras.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Afternoon
This has been a busy first day of the month. Finally got all the reports balanced. Day 2 of this week is almost done.

--------
Laura and Michelle
This hair cut is extremely short. I feel embarrassed by it. All I have to do is wash it and towel dry it and run my fingers through and I'm done. I will not get it cut this short again.

Happy
Thanks for setting up our new thread.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #8  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I will be back over the weekend.
A friend with a tumor in her stomach finds she needs immediate surgery.
Jennifer and her entourage came home last night.
The DD might not be staying till the end of the month.
They were here all night visiting.
There doesn't seem to be enough hours in my day

Hope you all have a great week.

Happy....thanks for starting the new thread....July is starting off with a BANG!!!

I WILL BE BACK FOR LAURA'S BIRTHDAY ON THE 5th
At least it will be the right month this time

I must run and take a shower and get dressed.
The other office awaits.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chickies....

Day 2 of Advocare. So far I like it. Have to get up a wee bit earlier as there is a moring ritual and small breakfast I have to eat. However it IS only day 2, ask me in a week. lol

MELLIE...prayers going up for your friend and also for strength for you. Maybe the BANG of July will burn itself out before too long.

CEEG....you probably look really cute with the short hair, you are just not used to it. Glad your reports are done!

HAPPY...thank you for starting the thread. Company is always fun but also nice to get back into our own routine once they leave.

LAURA...oh I don't know about all that garlic at work, it may keep people from bothering you...lol.

CHELLE...I actually saw a license plate on the way back from St. Louis that said CHELLE...I thought surely not...lol.

SHADDIE...saw on FB that you made it home safely. What is next in your life??

They let a sales rep go last Friday, hopefully they will replace her. She hasn't sold only one case in the last two years. She has been on probation, the same kind that got Katie got her only different reasons.

Better get busy before I get on probation for something....haha

Loves.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #10  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Back home again. Lots of things to catch up on and get ready for HRH Sophia - otherwise known as Cyclone Sophia - who should get on well with her uncle - otherwise known as Hurricane Simon. Put the baby seat in the car today. That was easier than expected. Guess they have improved the process these days. The high chair is here so we are just about ready.

Sorry I haven't kept up much over the last week or so. Once this visit is over, life goes more or less back to normal so will be here more often then. Only two things left on the to-do list before going back to work. Hope there will be some work around then.

Miss Puss has come home from the DS2's place. She seems to be taking the travel in her stride - it's just the car ride from one place to another that gets her.

While I have been away, the garden has shot up. Should be starting to see cobs on the corn soon. The green beans have beans on but they are not as bushy as I would like and the beans are small. There is a lot of work to do out there. This unseasonal rain is doing the plants good but the cold and lack of sun is not. Hard to believe that we are not having our normal dry winter. Even the grass is still growing. Will have to mow this week if I can get hold of a lawn mower that works.

I won't do personals tonight. Guess I will get to them early tomorrow morning. Its time to flylady the kitchen and put me and the puss cat to bed.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning
A quick fly by for me. Every one have a good day. It's been a beautiful morning. It was 66 degree's when I drove to work this morning. I love it.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #12  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

Super quick check in for me as this is Tuesday meeting day, and I've still got a lot of work to do on my project.

=================

Ceejay - Don't be embarrassed by your haircut. Think of how much cooler you'll be than everyone else for the next couple weeks 'till it grows out to your liking, not to mention how much easier it is. And as Annie says, you probably look really cute with it. I know a lot of women who look great with very short hair.

Mel - So sorry to hear about your friend. I'll be saying prayers for her, and sending strength to you. So is the DD's potential early departure a good thing?

Annie - Glad to hear Advocare is going well. As for the license plate, that's too funny...but certainly not me. I'm not a Midwestern girl any longer, though I do miss all my friends back there.

Shad - Glad to hear you're back home and preparing for Sophia. Cyclone Sophia is too funny, as is Hurricane Simon! When do they arrive?

Big to Happy and Laura! I've got to run.

Much love,
Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #13  

Morning all.

Michelle - Yes, I'm taking Friday off work, as well as the following Mon-Wed. It's no fun when a holiday falls in the middle of the week and you don't get the other days off to make nice long weekend of it.

Ceejay - Sorry you don't like your short haircut. I bet you'll like it better within a few days when it's grown out a bit. We're getting cooler weather right now and it feels good in the mornings.

Mel - I hope your friend's surgery goes well. Hope things calm down for you!!

Shad - Welcome back. Your winter sounds like the spring we had here - a lot of rain, cool, not so sunny. At least your green bean plants have beans! Two of my three rabbit-eaten bean plants are bearing small leaves, but that's all. I like those nicknames you gave S. and her uncle.

Annie - Glad the Advocare is going well so far. I need to get into the habit of getting my work lunches and snacks prepared the night before - it takes too much time in the morning.

Hi Happy! Hope you have a good shift at the shop today.
==
Nothing much to report. I went to Jazzercise last night. Today is WW. This session, they moved up the weigh-in by 15 minutes and the meeting by 30 min. They used to have a 30 min. period for the weigh-ins and now it's only 15 min. I used to do my weigh-in and then afterwards quick eat my lunch before the meeting started, but now there's no time to do that...Lunch will have to be eaten during the meeting, which I don't like to do, or afterwards at 1:00 pm. Bleh.

No plans tonight, whoo!! The movie choices didn't excite me, so I didn't "vote". They ended up choosing "World War Z", but I'm not into zombie movies, so I'm skipping it. I just feel like I want to be at home.

I'd like to have time to make a nice salad tonight and maybe (finally) finish my car seat cover - I stitched part of the front (towel) to the back (stretchy fabric), and then I went out to the car on Sunday to fit it to the seat, and pinned it where it should be sewn. In the process, I moved the car seat all the way up to get a better angle for myself. I was surprised to find a bunch of loose change had fallen between the center console and the driver's seat - it came to over $5, LOL.

Okay, back to it. I had to do a reference call for the "new" software we use and also had another meeting, so it ate up a good bit of my morning.

Everyone have a great day/evening!

Last edited by Laura705; 07-02-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #14  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SEE? I LIED. HERE I AM AGAIN.
WHAT A DAY THIS HAS BEEN.
TIME FOR LUNCH BREAK AND I AM STARVED.
MUST BE EMOTIONAL.
WEATHER IS HOT AND STICKY.
LOBBY FLOOR IS TERRIBLE.
MY SINUSES ARE KILLING ME.
SOMEONE SPILLED FABRIC SOFTENER AND THE SMELL WENT THRU THE VENTS.
NOW EVERY FLOOR STINKS LIKE CHEAP SOFTENER. YUCK
I COULD JUST SCREAM.
SO I THOUGHT I WOULD COME HERE AND VENT INSTEAD
YOU GALS DON'T KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE
RICHIE'S DD IS GOING TO STAY I THINK.
NOT SURE AT THIS POINT THAT I REALLY CARE.
JEN'S SCOOTER SHOULD BE HERE IN 14 DAYS.
WE'LL SEE IF THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS.
MY NEW CHAIR IS HUNG UP BEING MADE.
MORE RED TAPE.
THEY MIGHT COME TO SEE IF I CAN STILL GET OUT OF IT BY MYSELF.
AFTER ALL I AM 66 AND IN THE CHAIR 23 YRS AND LIVE ALONE.
THEY THINK NURSING HOME AND I THINK INDEPENDENCE.
OK....GOTTA GET BACK.
HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON!

HAPPY.....THANKS AGAIN FOR STARTING THE NEW THREAD.
GLAD THE VISIT WENT SO WELL AND HOPE YOU CAN TAKE A REST NOW.
I CAN IMAGINE ALL THE GOINGS ON WITH COMPANY.
HOW IS MOM DOING????

MICHELLE...SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE LACK OF A/C AT THE HOUSE.
MAKES GOING TO WORK MUCH EASIER!!! LOL
YOUR WEEKEND SOUNDED NICE AND GLAD THE COUPLE STILL ARE FRIENDS WITH BOTH OF YOU. ENJOY THE TIME OUT. STAY COOL!!!

LAURA...SORRY ABOUT THE RECIPES.
I Am not a bean fan myself. too clogging! rofl
SEEMS LIKE WE BOTH PUTTERED AROUND THE HOUSE THIS WEEKEND.
HOPE THE TRAINS ARE RUNNING BETTER THIS WEEK!

CEEJAY.... BET YOU'RE HAPPY THE FIRST DAY WENT SO WELL.
GOOD LUCK TODAY TOO. YOUR STORMS ARE HERE....
AND THEY SRE STUCK!!! LOL

ANNIE....HOPE THE ADVOCARE WORKS OUT FOR YOU.
IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU HAD SOME BLESSINGS THIS YEAR

SHAD....WELCOME HOME AGAIN. HAVE A GREAT VISIT.
LOVE THE CARSEAT IN THE CAR AND THE HIGHCHAIR!!
HOPE CYCLONE SOPHIA GETS ALONG WITH MISS PUSS!!! ROFL
ANYWAY....ENJOY THE TIME TOGETHER WITH EVERYONE.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Mel - The kids arrive on Thursday 4th. If you want to discuss the affairs of the world prior to that give me a ring. Yuk on the smell of Fabric softener. That can get pretty cloying and horrible. Hope the scooter arrives for Jen and that your chair is not too far away. I seem to have missed the reason why the daughter may or may not go home early.

Laura - no point in seeing movies that you have no interest in. Hope the jazzercise is going well. Bummer on the lunch being delayed. I used to hate that when I went to meetings and stuff. So hungry by that point. Nice going on the coinage. Better try out the rest of the seats after you finish the cover.

Michelle - Sophia arrives on the 4th and Simon lives here. Simon is the DS2 I refer to from time to time. Have fun with your meetings. It is good to hear that you are having so much time and fun with Santa.

Annie - seem to have missed what Advocare is but if it works, then I am all for it. Seems that you have been busy while I have been away as well.

Hellos to Happy and Ceejay

I had better go and get on with my day. Lot to do if I don't want to have to face it again tomorrow before the cast and crew of thousands get here. My ex has decided to come over as well to meet his grandchild. Sure hope he doesn't think I am to be the head chef, bottle washer, tour guide and chauffeur while he is here.
I need to sort out the cat as well. She hasn't stopped speaking since I got her home. If you hear of a cat being mistreated because of gaffer tape over her mouth, that will be Sunday.

Last edited by Shad; 07-02-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote