Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/205/140

Height: 5'3

Smile Lifestyle change vs Dieting

Since I was 16, I've dealt with self image and weight issues. I was raised with poor eating habits. Through high school, I hung around being 30 pounds over weight. Nothing too sever..but I could still stand to lose the weight. I tried many different miracle diets including low carb, no carb and low fat diets. None of them gave me long term results. I would deprive myself, only to binge once I met my goal which caused me to gain it all back again.

It's finally now where I have realized where I screwed up. I started researching the weight watchers concept and just over a week ago, finally began following the plan. I am amazed at how easy it is. I am also amazed at how I am not depriving myself of the foods I love.

I am down 9 pounds so far on my journey, and I am already seeing positive effects such as more energy, and less grogginess after eating.

I have learned how to eat in moderation, and I've learned how to make food choices that are healthier. Sure I can I have pizza if I want to, but maybe cut it down to 1 slice with a salad. Or, it's ok for me to indulge for this meal, I deserve it, but the next meal I need to go back to my normal eating.

I am very happy to see all of the success stories on this forum and look forward to the day where I can tell my story.

Last edited by bigpinkbowz; 07-15-2013 at 06:58 PM.
bigpinkbowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello bigpinkbowz and welcome to this journey.

I'm glad you're finding your groove and I look forward to reading your story in the near future.

All the best to you!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #3  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

Welcome! I too have found that portio control is the biggest key to success for myself. I count calories and that helps me figure out what I can or can't eat. I allow myself 1 lax meal on Fridays. This week I splurged on chinese food, but where I used to eat the whole thing in one sitting. I cut it into 2 or 3 smaller meals, which is great cause then I get to enjoy it again! lol

Good luck in your weight loss journey!
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #4  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

I have tried diets in the past and always quit. This time I have a whole different outlook and just doing a healthier lifestyle, a lifestyle I will be happy with for the rest of my life. I know it's all coming off this time and will remain off. I do not deprive myself of treats, I just know that they are to be used sparingly. I feel good about exercising and weight training...but I am looking forward to when I am at goal and can cut down on my exercising.
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #5  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I am on the weight watchers journey as well. I am almost 6 months and 43 lbs into it. I love it! I love the lifestyle change, I love the way I feel, and hopefully I will live the way I look soon!

Welcome!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/205/140

Height: 5'3

@tehshort1
Yea I am finding that treating yourself to an indulging meal every so often really helps you reward yourself for eating so well. My boyfriend and I both went out on Saturday after being on this for a week and decided that we would indulge just a little for dinner since we had worked so hard during the rest of the week. But the next time we ate, it was right back to the plan again.
bigpinkbowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpinkbowz View Post
Yea I am finding that treating yourself to an indulging meal every so often really helps you reward yourself for eating so well. My boyfriend and I both went out on Saturday after being on this for a week and decided that we would indulge just a little for dinner since we had worked so hard during the rest of the week. But the next time we ate, it was right back to the plan again.
This was one of the biggest changes I made this time around for dieting. On a lot of those restrictive diets, I felt like one miss-step and the whole thing was ruined, and I would always say "well, if I ruined it now, why should I stay on it?" and would go back to my old habits. Now I let myself indulge a little here and there, and even have days of not counting my calories (holidays/special occasions), but I always try to keep an eye on portions, and I know that I am leading a more healthy lifestyle because of it.

Great job on your loss so far, keep up the awesome work!!!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote