General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-15-2013, 01:54 AM   #1  

Default Calcium deposits, anyone?

For several months I've had a small, hard, round bump on the outer side of my nose, really close to my eye. It started out small and has grown a bit since then. It doesn't hurt and you can't *really* see it, considering the location and that I wear glasses almost 24/7.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Does it sound like a calcium deposit? Do you know of any natural remedies to either get rid of it or reduce it in size? Hot compresses seem to help. Given it's location I'm hesitant to go in there with a needle like some people suggest, and I really can't afford to see a doctor for this right now.

Thanks.
mymagicnumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #2  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

I had some of these around my eyes when I was pregnant. I don't know how to treat them though, mine went away without treatment within a few months of having the baby.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ive had something similar where my eyeglasses nose pieces sit or just around it....I always thought it was a clogged pore from sweat while working out, because it's in a place where the sweat can't really roll off and I can't really wipe it off either...I think they just go away on their own because I don't recall ever really messing with it beyond noticing it...I tried once to "pop" it thinking it was just a little zit but it hurt so I just left it alone
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

Mlia? entrapped keratin or tiny cysts that develop from something that clogged the duct
I've had a couple of these and one was at the side of my nose very close to the eye. I just took one of my hubbys (he's diabetic) lancets and pricked the skin on it and then gently knocked it out. never came back.
It may go away on it's own.

Last edited by Only Believe; 07-15-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

This is probably going to sound weird, but I have one on the tip of my tongue. I had it when I was younger, had it removed when I got my wisdom teeth out, and it came back within two years.

When the doctor removed the first one, he said that it's not just like a little ball (which is what it looks and feels like), but that there is almost like a "root" going back through my tongue, and he tried taking as much out as he could. After that surgery, for the first couple of weeks it literally looked like he took off half of my tongue, and it was a huge blow to my self esteem (had just started seeing a new guy, and didn't want to kiss him for probably about 6 weeks)

This time I'm okay letting it be...my fiance (not the same guy) doesn't care, it's not hurting me, and I can't afford to go get it removed without insurance, anyways. The only problem I find is that sometimes I'll bite my tongue, and the area around it gets a little sore, or if I eat things like really sour candies or really salty foods, same thing happens. Maybe I'll get it removed later, but as long as it doesn't grow any larger, I'm not too concerned with it.
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Buffin: is it a mucocele? Sounds like one, with your reactions to salty food, I get small ones on my cheek sometimes!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

I was told by the doctor who did my wisdom teeth surgery that it was a calcium deposit, since it's a very hard little ball about the size of a small pea. You can see in the one picture how my tongue kind of curves inward, and that's from when they removed it the first time.

(eew double chin in these pics! I cannot wait for that to be gone!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0392.jpg (23.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0393.jpg (24.1 KB, 7 views)
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #8  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I'm prone to getting milia. This was exacerbated after I started working out regularly and my face sweat a lot daily. Sometimes when I get a facial, if the aesthetician is experienced, she will lance some of the milia if I specifically ask her to. They are often hesitant to do this because it will bleed a bit, remains red for several days afterward and there is a slight risk of a scar or pitting. I've never had a milia on an eyelid yet but they are often around my eyes and on my forehead.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote